DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 78
March 19th, 2015 at 4:37:40 PM permalink
I tried the Kobe Experience at SW in the Wynn and it was great but my palette had a hard time distinguishing between the five different types of beef. Of course it was comped because I wouldn't have paid the $250 out of my pocket to try it. If a steak costs me more than $60 I start to question myself.
Order from chaos
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 19th, 2015 at 4:42:53 PM permalink
I keep hearing from people (most recently my barber) that the steakhouse at the Circus Circus is the best steakhouse of all time.
Wanderer
Wanderer
  • Threads: 19
March 19th, 2015 at 7:34:51 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I tried the Kobe Experience at SW in the Wynn and it was great but my palette had a hard time distinguishing between the five different types of beef. Of course it was comped because I wouldn't have paid the $250 out of my pocket to try it. If a steak costs me more than $60 I start to question myself.

What do you mean by "the five different types of beef"?
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
March 19th, 2015 at 7:54:38 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

From what I am told, and it is not on the menu, but you can get a riserva steak at Carnevino at the Palazzo. The riserva steak has been dry aged for roughly seven months. At most steakhouses its about 28 days.

Seven months??? Nasty! I wouldn't even eat meat out of my own freezer aged that long. On the other hand, I just googled this fascinating meat and it sounds intriguing. Priced at $100 per inch of cut steak and stinky as aged cheese. Worth reading this review.

Carnevino review

"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 19th, 2015 at 9:52:53 PM permalink

maybe Steve Wynn should lay off spray tanning his meat

oh boy that sounded suspect. I better excuse myself.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
March 20th, 2015 at 7:49:35 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I keep hearing from people (most recently my barber) that the steakhouse at the Circus Circus is the best steakhouse of all time.

For the money Circus is the best.
DRich
DRich
March 20th, 2015 at 9:50:41 AM permalink
Quote: Wanderer

What do you mean by "the five different types of beef"?

It is a beef tasting plate at SW in the Wynn. It includes 5 different high end types of beef (not all Kobe).

Link
Order from chaos
Wanderer
Wanderer
  • Threads: 19
March 20th, 2015 at 2:11:18 PM permalink

It is a beef tasting plate at SW in the Wynn. It includes 5 different high end types of beef (not all Kobe).

Link

Wow, this could be exactly what I'm looking for here. So I can get 2 oz. each of five different types of beef (two of which are Kobe and A5) for a total of 10 oz. for $280? I just need to request the "beef tasting plate"?
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 326
March 20th, 2015 at 3:37:06 PM permalink

How isn't it on the menu, I wonder? Even the Kobe beef that SW has isn't on its online menu. I had to call and confirm. Just seems odd that restaurants like that would leave off their best beef.

Maybe it isn't always available.

Or maybe they want to develop a buzz, only those "in the know" can get it: like In 'n Out "animal style" option.
"What, me worry?"
DRich
DRich
March 20th, 2015 at 6:32:30 PM permalink

Link

Wow, this could be exactly what I'm looking for here. So I can get 2 oz. each of five different types of beef (two of which are Kobe and A5) for a total of 10 oz. for $280? I just need to request the "beef tasting plate"?

I don't remember what they called it, but "Beef tasting plate" is how I refer to it. I am sure that had some fancy name for it. if you just mention the five different steaks on one plate they will probably know what you are talking about.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: