1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 27th, 2015 at 5:22:11 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

OH NO! What have you done. 1BB's plate was
already full over the rightful suspension of
Ahigh. Now you've overloaded 1BB's righteous
indignation meter by getting rid of an AP
that is irreplaceable here, he said so himself.
Oh the fallout, the fallout..

Beachbumbabs and Mission146, can we finally get a workable definition of trolling, baiting, bullying, stalking and harassment? Hint: you shouldn't have to look too far.

As I have stated for years, anyone here is more than welcome to do any of the above to me and I welcome all insults as well. I will survive them all and will not call for any action against the perpetrators. My feelings will not be hurt by anonymous, faceless posters sitting behind a keyboard but it's not about me. What about the good of the forum that we often hear touted? What about bringing down the forum as some suggest? Before anyone says it's me posting here in this thread, I'll remind everyone that I'm not the one who started this thread or the suspension list aka the "hall of shame".

This forum attracts some of the nicest and smartest people which is why I enjoy it and why it is the only forum I participate in. Unfortunately, it also attracts a few dark, unhappy, damaged, little people who add absolutely nothing. I guess you have to take the good with the bad. Let me be crystal clear. I'm not referring to any particular person, living or dead.

EvenBob, you once again bring up the suspension of Ahigh in another attempt to bait me. Your dislike of him has been duly noted as have your attempts to insult and bait him. Pull up a chair, open a can of those discount green beans, give your dog a hug and I'll give you my thoughts on the suspension.

Not once did I complain about it. Not once did I criticize the mods for it. I had some questions and asked for some clarifications. Ahigh was suspended for for violating Forum rule 4. Let me unequivocally state that I am in full agreement with that rule which says in part "do not post any information about someone else that is intended to be private". The operative words are "intended" and "private". It will certainly vary from person to person. How do we know another person's intentions if they are not expressly stated? How do we know what each of us considers private?

In this case the information was already posted and is still there. The aggrieved party has had ample opportunity to delete it or ask for it to be deleted. This has not happened. How is that considered to be private? I drive a black car. I don't want anyone to post this information. If someone does are they subject to suspension? Exactly what is considered private under this rule and who decides this?

What we have is a disagreement between two guys who don't care for each other. It happens. I'm asking if there is a better way than mommy or daddy sending them to their rooms when they act out. If these suspensions are allowed to accumulate these two will eventually be banned under the Martingale policy in place here. That would be a terrible loss for the forum.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 121
October 27th, 2015 at 5:39:35 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

But stories are retracted and heavily edited after publication all the time. Especially online.

But what does that have to do with a poster on an open forum claiming ownership of what he posted?

I'll answer my own question: nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
  • Threads: 1
October 27th, 2015 at 5:47:22 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

But what does that have to do with a poster on an open forum claiming ownership of what he posted?

I think one major difference would be an online article potentially has the chance to show a point of view or opinion of an entity or group, and their PR may decide that it's in the best interest of that group to remove it.

Forums, usually each poster is just showcasing what the poster has to say, unless otherwise stated.

/2cents
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 27th, 2015 at 5:49:34 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Your prior argument revolved around the premise that one couldn't "unring the bell." You based that on your journalistic experience. So, I pointed out that in print journalism, the bell is unrung all the time.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 121
October 27th, 2015 at 6:23:30 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Your prior argument revolved around the premise that one couldn't "unring the bell." You based that on your journalistic experience. So, I pointed out that in print journalism, the bell is unrung all the time.

Not at all. The bell cannot be unrung. But the libel laws allow the media to print or broadcast corrections to remove their liability. The bell can never be unrung.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 27th, 2015 at 6:27:26 AM permalink
It doesn't take a "genius" to recognize Exoter's swan song. Could some of his parting remarks have hit a little close to home? Did some of his words have a ring of truth? Was he saying what others thought but were afraid to express? I imagine there will be different opinions on this, opinions that most will likely keep to themselves. Now that he is gone let the bashing begin. I choose not to do that to someone who can't respond but that's just me.

I enjoyed Exoter's posts. They made me laugh and kept me entertained. I thought he was good for the forum. I thought he had v-v-v-v value. It doesn't matter whether I believed him. Value is value. He now joins the other members of "value" on the suspension list never to be heard from again. We all know that members of value would never return here under a different name. Right, Buzzard?

All is not lost, Exoter fans. He can be found on Norm's site. If you're not familiar with Norm's site just ask and someone will point you to it. Exoter has been a member there since May of 2014, has 937 posts and last visited on September, 29, 2015. Perhaps with the extra time on his hands he'll start posting there again. Part of the site is free, part is subscription so I don't know if all his posts will be accessible.

His welcome and acceptance there can best be described as tepid and his lengthy posts are similar to what he has posted here as is his penchant to argue.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
October 27th, 2015 at 7:22:22 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

All is not lost, Exoter fans. He can be found on Norm's site. If you're not familiar with Norm's site just ask and someone will point you to it.

Let's not encourage anyone to visit that sight, unless it is for purely entertainment value. As far as any AP value, it really is nothing but a voodoo site, with nearly all credible AP's that were participating there, having vacated on their own or by Norm's hand.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
October 27th, 2015 at 7:50:13 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

His welcome and acceptance there can best be described as tepid and his lengthy posts are similar to what he has posted here as is his penchant to argue.

Wow, what an endorsement. Hunt down a
guy who wasn't much liked here, so we can
read his lonnnnnng posts on another site
where nobody likes him. Naw, thanks anyway..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 27th, 2015 at 7:54:11 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Wow, what an endorsement. Hunt down a
guy who wasn't much liked here, so we can
read his lonnnnnng posts on another site
where nobody likes him. Naw, thanks anyway..

Makes me want to go see what he has to say!!
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
October 27th, 2015 at 7:59:04 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Makes me want to go see what he has to say!!

Don't! You would be wasting your time. Time much better spent sharing your valuable thoughts, political and other, here. ;)

• Jump to: