Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 3rd, 2024 at 9:43:04 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

There is some circular logic to being accused of Importing WOV DRAMA through another site.

Reminds me of a youtuber years ago. His viral video was posted on the news. So he posted the news item discussing his video and then received a strike from YouTube for posting someone else's content. Which was his content being discussed on their content.

I think the news program backed down when THAT went viral.

Don't expect the same results in this situation.
link to original post

The Irony and reality
The biggest complainer of insults is the biggest insulter
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
April 4th, 2024 at 7:11:18 PM permalink
Wizard 3 days Penance?
"In apology to Gordonm888"

What's this about?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
April 4th, 2024 at 7:14:35 PM permalink
Mission146 still banned for non-payment?
He wrote on 2/29 that it'll be done by next Fri.
It's now April.

What's going on there?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
April 4th, 2024 at 11:57:41 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Wizard 3 days Penance?
"In apology to Gordonm888"

What's this about?
link to original post

First, let me say that I have tremendous respect for Mike and enjoy working for him in this administrator job!

A few days ago I made a post that stated my ruling that terapined had not imported "drama" per se into the WOV forum and that no suspension was warranted. A few hours after that, Wizard (unaware of what I had done) posted that terapined had imported drama from another forum and suspended him for 3 days. whoops! Not a big deal, IMO.

terapined has since posted that he was not at all upset about the 3 day suspension but Wizard genuinely felt bad that he had had not communicated appropriately and unintentionally made a different ruling than the one that I had publicly made. When Wizard told me he intended to take a suspension as penance I told him that I felt that was completely unnecessary and that I wasn't angry in the slightest.. But he has self-suspended anyway in an excess of ethical virtue. And left me looking a bit like the villain in his suspension, LOL.

I wonder if the fact that Wizard's self-suspension from the forum occurs at the same time as the total eclipse is a complete coincidence? Dunno. Let's just go with the flow.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
April 5th, 2024 at 12:51:41 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I wonder if the fact that Wizard's self-suspension from the forum occurs at the same time as the total eclipse is a complete coincidence? Dunno. Let's just go with the flow.
link to original post

A shadow hanging over him, you say?
May the cards fall in your favor.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 7th, 2024 at 9:32:17 AM permalink
I've participated in lots and lots of forums over the years
Started at old Prodigy where I would post reviews of Grateful Dead concerts I attended
Usenet newsgroups was a blast as people with the same interests gathered in the early internet years until spammers and trolls wrecked the party
One of my favorite places to post these days is Reddit
That place covers just about any topic I have an interest in and the informative responses are educational
I participated in several different anti scientology forums over the years. Scientology actually came on a forum and doxxed me. I was a out in the open critic so it didn't bother me.
One forum had a great idea since discussions got very heated even among those that are anti scientology
They created the thunderdome
A special area of the forum blocked from the public where anything goes. Everybody recommended not going in the thunderdome because many came out with scars and were livid.
Maybe we need a Thunderdome here
Lots and lots of forums out there just like this one
This is just a forum
Nothing to get obsessed about here unless you are some weirdo
There are forums that obsesses about other forums. It's extremely rare but fascinating. Maybe this weird obsession is due to no Thunderdome
Last edited by: terapined on Apr 7, 2024
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
April 7th, 2024 at 11:09:17 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I've participated in lots and lots of forums over the years
Started at old Prodigy where I would post reviews of Grateful Dead concerts I attended
Usenet newsgroups was a blast as people with the same interests gathered in the early internet years until spammers and trolls wrecked the party
One of my favorite places to post these days is Reddit
That place covers just about any topic I have an interest in and the informative responses are educational
I participated in several different anti scientology forums over the years. Scientology actually came on a forum and doxxed me. I was a out in the open critic so it didn't bother me.
One forum had a great idea since discussions got very heated even among those that are anti scientology
They created the thunderdome
A special area of the forum blocked from the public where anything goes. Everybody recommended not going in the thunderdome because many came out with scars and were livid.
Maybe we need a Thunderdome here
Lots and lots of forums out there just like this one
This is just a forum
Nothing to get obsessed about here unless you are some weirdo
There are forums that obsesses about other forums. It's extremely rare but fascinating. Maybe this weird obsession is due to no Thunderdome
link to original post

I lay claim to Mad Max as my Thunderdome Avatar!
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
Thanked by
RogerKint
April 7th, 2024 at 12:33:20 PM permalink
I think we can vote on who should be Sad Sax :)
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
April 8th, 2024 at 8:25:34 AM permalink
It's time to let Romes out of the doghouse. 😀💡 Romes has a 3 day Suspension, not a week Suspension and it's day 5. 💡

And Wizard's Penance Suspension was supposed to eed yesterday. 💡😀
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
April 8th, 2024 at 11:40:03 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

It's time to let Romes out of the doghouse. 😀💡 Romes has a 3 day Suspension, not a week Suspension and it's day 5. 💡

And Wizard's Penance Suspension was supposed to eed yesterday. 💡😀
link to original post

Romes was released from suspension the doghouse on time. (The records were not properly updated.)

Wizard can effect his own prison break once he has satisfactorily demonstrated his contrition.

My suggestion to renew the practice of selling indulgences has, sadly, not been approved. I think it would be a real time-saver.
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: