Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
September 14th, 2016 at 3:43:18 PM permalink
Did NOT see it coming. And now my pants are all pissy XD XD XD
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
BlueEagle
BlueEagle
  • Threads: 5
September 14th, 2016 at 3:50:00 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

This thread contains a list of member names who have posted spam

I assumed the mods and admins would ban the member name when they remove the spam post.

I didn't know it was still possible to flag posts. I guess my ability to flag posts has been taken away, because I no longer see the option on any posts.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 96
September 14th, 2016 at 3:56:56 PM permalink
Quote: BlueEagle

I assumed the mods and admins would ban the member name when they remove the spam post.

I didn't know it was still possible to flag posts. I guess my ability to flag posts has been taken away, because I no longer see the option on any posts.

We do.

However, if some number of members flag a post, the post goes away, but the member is not banned. They just drop into the visited the site list at the bottom. And there's no indication to the admins that a spammer was flagged, at least not at my access level.

I think they modified the member flag option for posts from members with less than a small amount of posts. You should see it on new members.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1192
September 14th, 2016 at 6:38:38 PM permalink

This thread contains a list of member names who have posted spam (UK Kitchens, etc). Please add to the list whenever you flag one of their posts.

May I ask why? We admins have to ban the member and flag the thread. I hate to add a third step without reason.

For what it's worth I've busted about 50 UK kitchen threads and spammers with comment.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 15
September 14th, 2016 at 8:02:19 PM permalink
kodoxs
wausek
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 31
September 15th, 2016 at 5:26:33 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

May I ask why? We admins have to ban the member and flag the thread. I hate to add a third step without reason.

For what it's worth I've busted about 50 UK kitchen threads and spammers with comment.

Babs' post in the Miscellaneous Discussion Thread made it sound like having this list would make it easier to nuke the spammers. If having this thread actually causes you more work, then by all means, please lock/delete it.

ETA: I'd like to send a general "Thank You" out to all the Admins, not just for nuking spammers, but for all they do to keep this a civil, informative, and fun forum!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 31
September 15th, 2016 at 5:38:06 AM permalink
OK, I just re-read my post, and caught the ambiguity. I was not making a request of the Admins to add to the list. This was a request directed to us regular members who get up early and flag the spammers into oblivion, so that the Admins would have a record of their account names even if their threads are gone. Sorry for the confusion.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1192
September 15th, 2016 at 6:04:47 AM permalink

I'd like to send a general "Thank You" out to all the Admins, not just for nuking spammers, but for all they do to keep this a civil, informative, and fun forum!

You're welcome!

OK, I just re-read my post, and caught the ambiguity. I was not making a request of the Admins to add to the list. This was a request directed to us regular members who get up early and flag the spammers into oblivion, so that the Admins would have a record of their account names even if their threads are gone. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate the thought but I wouldn't bother. These people can just make new accounts like hotcakes. We'll nuke them as we come across them.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 15
September 15th, 2016 at 6:20:56 AM permalink
So would it be possible to make the account set up process a bit more manual and time consuming? Like wait for an email and click on the link to activate? Or you have to wait three days to post?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
September 15th, 2016 at 7:38:53 PM permalink
You can add klintenk to the list of spammers.

Still Welsh dresser, now in 'cream'.

Still holding out for Swedish or Japanese, and twins.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F

• Jump to: