EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 21st, 2013 at 11:33:39 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Few of the posts on this thread are from the person the attention is being paid to..

Thats because he has everybody blocked. He has no
idea what we're talking about..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
January 22nd, 2013 at 12:57:46 AM permalink
Being newer, my initial thought of Nareed is probably more feminine than others on this forum. Whatever makes Nareed happiest is fine by me. But reading other posters ITT, Nareed has a lot of people blocked. Blocking to me seems somewhat pointless unless you are constantly getting personally abused, and in that case, the abusers should be getting suspended/banned in the first place. But then again, I spend a lot of time reading forums, so blocking the crappiest posters could help...lol
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 22nd, 2013 at 1:52:26 AM permalink
I block some people, merely to remind myself that the poster will often irk me, and by choosing to read their post, I am making a rod for my own back if I get annoyed by it and the blame is all on me. I might still read what they are saying. But if I got to the point were 50% of the site was blocked... I'd probably stop reading it.

I block entire threads as well... quite often based on the poster and the first post. It can highly improve your experience if you get irked by certain topics or arguments.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
January 22nd, 2013 at 2:14:26 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

It can highly improve your experience if you get irked by certain topics or arguments.

This may be true, but if you are having this issue a lot, then it could be a case of "taking the Internet too seriously". The Internet is a great place for trolls to spew their worthlessness because of lack of direct confrontation/consequences, but I try my best to ignore it. And even some of the more gaming-knowledgeable posters here can be somewhat abrasive, one in particular here loves to find any omission or poor estimate I make in game analysis, even if it's irrelevant to the main discussion.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 23rd, 2013 at 5:02:49 PM permalink
Quote: GH

http://widgetsandshit.com/wovmembers.html
After ranking 783, we start getting into the single digits. But I suspect, if we included age of account and last login, the number of "real" active users is less than 250.

I could make a modification like that, although "last login" isn't available in the list of members. Maybe if I get bored later tonight.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 23rd, 2013 at 5:19:48 PM permalink
Quote: iluvdisco33

What does being "gay" have to do with someone who, according to what info I can gather, doesn't know if they're a man or a woman...or both?

In this, the New Millenium, to quote Firesign Theater: "You can't tell the AC's from the DC's."
"What, me worry?"
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
January 24th, 2013 at 5:20:39 AM permalink
"Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers"??
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
  • Jump to: