17 votes (60.71%)
5 votes (17.85%)

28 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 191
March 27th, 2019 at 1:19:49 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

You should make a bet with someone on this forum that you can quit. Iím sure someone will take it.

Iím sure thereís an easy blood test that can confirm the results.

$1000

Thatíll get you to quit.

A million wouldn't probably work. Some people like torturing themselves. When the time is right, I will quit if it comes. I probably need to get my mind into it. OTH, it hurts me to even admit I shouldn't quit now, procrastinating doesn't sound right even though it's really planning. I am ashamed I light those things up as much as I love them and love overdoing it. It's not a logical thing, it's an emotional thing smoking is. So, no, I don't want to bet. I'd lose.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
March 27th, 2019 at 6:22:20 AM permalink
If someone offered you 100k to not smoke a cigarette for a year, you couldnít make it????

I would give up anything (that wasnít damaging to my health) for a year for 100k.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 27th, 2019 at 9:51:32 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

If someone offered you 100k to not smoke a cigarette for a year, you couldnít make it????

I would give up anything (that wasnít damaging to my health) for a year for 100k.

I'm sure they cost me $100,000 one way or another( lost life, lost productivity. actual cost). Well I wish I could quit already so I d be an idiot to not take a free roll. To be honest as a bet, a smoke could be lit by accident.

I'm really close to having today be the last. I feel terrible because of stress I've become a Chinese factory, forget the chimney. They make me sick and disrupt my life. Well see.

That's one benefit that is also a con, staying awake. So.etimes you want to stay up no matter what.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
March 27th, 2019 at 10:34:20 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

A million wouldn't probably work. Some people like torturing themselves. When the time is right, I will quit if it comes. I probably need to get my mind into it. OTH, it hurts me to even admit I shouldn't quit now, procrastinating doesn't sound right even though it's really planning. I am ashamed I light those things up as much as I love them and love overdoing it. It's not a logical thing, it's an emotional thing smoking is. So, no, I don't want to bet. I'd lose.

Take $1000 and put it in your pocket. Promise yourself you will give a random stranger $100 the next cigarette you smoke. Double the amount each time, and pay off when you decide you want the cigarette.
jmills
jmills
  • Threads: 6
March 31st, 2019 at 8:54:05 AM permalink
I smoked for 18 years, tried to quit several times cold turkey, but I have no willpower. Chantix worked for me beautifully. I only took it for three weeks. Not only did the urge go away, but my two attempts at smoking again nearly made me vomit. It's been ten years now since I've smoked.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff 
  • Threads: 261
March 31st, 2019 at 9:21:12 AM permalink
Don't use the word smoking.
Focus on putting heavy metals into my bloodstream and lowering my oxygen levels with intermittent carbon monoxide, causing mitochondrial injury. Focus on insecticide inhalation.
Focus on the social aspects: if you really don't know how to chat up the girl on the next bar stool, sharing nicotine delivery devices and their dollar cost is not going to cure your social deficits.
There is no advantage to smoking and no benefit to deferring your decisions or actions.

Its like driving drunk... the thing to do is pull off the road and stop driving, not get a patch or make a resolution.

You started smoking due to social and advertising factors, not some 'need'.

Sure high nicotine use is common in schizophrenics and perhaps gamblers but it is not controlling; it is still a choice.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff 
  • Threads: 261
March 31st, 2019 at 9:32:13 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

procrastinating doesn't sound right even though it's really planning.

Procrastination is a label others may have applied and that you may have adopted in the past,there is no reason to continue to think of it as procrastination. Do you have cuts and bruises all over your face because you procrastinate about opening a glass door before walking thru it???? get real.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 13th, 2019 at 1:02:35 AM permalink
Ok, I kind of was out all night, woke up after midnight, and smoked because I thought I might as well. It's been a few hours now, I'm going to get ready to start with phase 1 quitting smoking pretty soon. One hundred days from now is July 22nd, this is my goal to not smoke a cigarette until. I will pledge to the forum, $56. For every day I don't smoke, I will take $2 away from the pledge. I will not count any cigarette smoked by accident, that is a possibility, if I had a smoke and lighter in my hand somehow, I could smoke it without even realizing it. The clock will start at 6 am. The money I might owe, I will donate to a charity of my choice.

Lets see, today I weigh 215 pounds. I have already lost about 20 pounds since the end of January, because I have been smoking a lot, not eating regularly, exercising a lot, and not sleeping much. Not much will change besides I'll be not smoking at all, will probably being eating a little more, and sleeping better. I will also not be resting so much while at home, because I will be doing more regular cleaning and fixing up around the house instead of plopping down smoking and killing time.

I will be the judge on all matters and my decisions will be final and I reserve all rights. Started an hour early, nothing to complain about.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Apr 13, 2019
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 13th, 2019 at 2:05:46 AM permalink
I'm chewing some gum, still sick of course with this cold/sinus/upper respiratory infection. Don't feel like picking up anything, I'm here, the trash can is there, the universe is trolling me. ;). It's actually kind of a problem, I don't do stuff like this, because I'm overwhelmed by the thoughts about how to best organize things, how I don't want my hands all dirty from the dirty coins and stuff covered in spilled coffee and wayward ashes, it's a mess. Next job, nap.

Three hours later, update, going well, getting some stuff done. I don't know why there aren't more people thinking about how they are just two completely people as smokers and non-smokers, guess I go to the extremes.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Apr 13, 2019
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
April 13th, 2019 at 5:37:46 AM permalink
I you really want to quit, why not try Chantix, as jmills did, so successfully?

Quote: jmills

I smoked for 18 years, tried to quit several times cold turkey, but I have no willpower. Chantix worked for me beautifully. I only took it for three weeks. Not only did the urge go away, but my two attempts at smoking again nearly made me vomit. It's been ten years now since I've smoked.

• Jump to: