AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 106
April 19th, 2021 at 1:30:47 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Not true.

Short memory you have.

You forgot how the fight in Congress over corporate liability issues delayed the federal Covid relief and stimulus packages.

The Republicans wanted liability protections and the Democrats didn't.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 182
April 19th, 2021 at 2:07:48 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Short memory you have.

You forgot how the fight in Congress over corporate liability issues delayed the federal Covid relief and stimulus packages.

The Republicans wanted liability protections and the Democrats didn't.

That has nothing to do with this. Insurance companies sold business interruption insurance that had glaring exceptions and hid those exceptions. Business people who thought they were doing the right thing for their families and employees ended up not having the protection they thought they were paying for.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
April 19th, 2021 at 2:14:02 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

That has nothing to do with this. Insurance companies sold business interruption insurance that had glaring exceptions and hid those exceptions. Business people who thought they were doing the right thing for their families and employees ended up not having the protection they thought they were paying for.

More importantly, this subject has nothing to do with the new rules for Nevada reopening or whether or not you agree with the new rules that will allow buffets to reopen.

Why cant some people stick to the subject?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 182
April 19th, 2021 at 2:24:10 PM permalink

More importantly, this subject has nothing to do with the new rules for Nevada reopening or whether or not you agree with the new rules that will allow buffets to reopen.

Why cant some people stick to the subject?

It has a lot to do with it. Without the insurance payouts, many businesses will not reopen. My BIL's limo business owes almost a quarter-million dollars on leases and was shut down for over eight months. He'd paid business interruption insurance but has gotten a small fraction of what he expected. Multiply that by tens of thousands and you begin to understand the enormity of the situation.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 19th, 2021 at 2:39:04 PM permalink

I'd like to try again... this time without the trolls.

What about this Clark County plan to reopen buffets with self service utensils handled by the patrons?

I imagined that when buffets did reopen the buffets would be required to have servers or prepared plates that patrons could take.

I never imagined true self service would return so soon even if half of adults are fully or partially vaccinated.

Good. Letís get back to normal. People arenít going to catch Covid from touching a serving spoon.

I ate at the South Point buffet twice post-reopening and itís just not the same having to have them dish everything up for you.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
April 19th, 2021 at 3:01:59 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Good. Letís get back to normal. People arenít going to catch Covid from touching a serving spoon.

I ate at the South Point buffet twice post-reopening and itís just not the same having to have them dish everything up for you.

Thank you for sticking to the subject.

At Caesars many of the buffet items were on prepared plates (you took the plates to your table) or the items were served to you.

I have no problem with that.

Also adding more servers would create a few more jobs. I'd pay an extra buck for that also.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1382
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOORogerKint
April 19th, 2021 at 3:32:36 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I got a Baconator last night and a painful pimple in my arm pit area popped a few hours later and I'm ruining a second shirt right now with pus & blood discharge.

Hijacking. Considering prior history, one month suspension.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 111
April 19th, 2021 at 3:59:26 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Canít agree more! When I go to a buffet I sometimes might try one mushroom, or the tiniest portion of fish, then decide if I like it. On a second trip I portion size appropriately knowing what I liked the most.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
April 19th, 2021 at 4:43:00 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Canít agree more! When I go to a buffet I sometimes might try one mushroom, or the tiniest portion of fish, then decide if I like it. On a second trip I portion size appropriately knowing what I liked the most.

Under the Clark County reopening plan (you should all read it, it's online) supermarkets can resume sampling stations. I guess this really refers to Costco.

So perhaps in your case, the server will let you sample the fish on a toothpick.

Anything to keep you guys happy... since adjusting is too much of a burden.

But frankly how did you get the tiniest portion of fish before? I only remember servings pre sliced? Did you rip one of those servings apart just to sample it?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
April 19th, 2021 at 4:49:35 PM permalink
Just stick to the other restaurants if you are unhappy with a buffet being, well, a buffet.

• Jump to: