already.
Last edited by: EvenBob on Sep 21, 2018
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 21st, 2018 at 8:19:09 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

TWO MILE LONG LINE for Trump Rally in Springfield, Missouri! The line of Trump supporters attending the President’s rally in Springfield, Missouri, is two miles long according to a report from police and a local reporter... reports state upwards of 20,000 people were in line for the 11,000 capacity venue. Yeah, America hates Trump..

Let's compare the size of inaugural crowds in Washington D.C., shall we?
"What, me worry?"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1489
September 21st, 2018 at 8:27:52 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

Thanks for posting the video.
Be ready to defend your editing choices (joke). The transitions were a bit quick to read all the setup/commentary. Early on in one the transitions I think I saw "engery" (maybe you meant to type energy?).
What was the response to Heller in general? How would you describe it?

You're welcome. Damn, that typo. It would be a lot of work to fix it, save it, and upload it again. Heller didn't get much of a response. I think everyone was there to see Trump and not any of the local Nevada politicians. Heller mentioned the Las Vegas Raiders and most of the audience boo'd. I'm still not sure why. Personally, I have nothing against the team, but am opposed to spending billions in taxpayer money to rent the team the stadium to the team for $1 per year, if my facts are correct.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 21st, 2018 at 8:30:11 PM permalink

TWO MILE LONG LINE for Trump Rally in Springfield, Missouri!

The line in Vegas would have been about a mile long. It snaked all over the place. The people in line were very well behaved, I observed no line cutting at all.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
September 21st, 2018 at 8:31:52 PM permalink
Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley said about 20,000 supporters of President Donald Trump were unable to attend his political rally because the crowd was so big.

Those haters, just there to boo Trump probably.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 21st, 2018 at 8:35:56 PM permalink

I would've liked to see you talking to
people in the crowd. I saw the debate
already.

Here are some trivia questions:

- Who’s first (sitting) president to travel out of USA, to where, and why?
- First president born in a hospital?
- Can you name both President Roosevelts’s first names?
- Trump refers to Clinton as “crooked Hillary”, and someone else as some nickname (ted cruz example given too). What was his nickname for Marco Rubio?
- Oldest elected president, at time of inauguration.
- Same as above, but youngest.
- Name all (5) of Trump’s children by first name. Our bet was o/u 3.5.
- Can you jump onto that big curb thingie without a running start?
- Will Trump do a sound check?
- What time will Trump start talking?
- Will Trump say the word f***?
- Which presidential candidate said “I will not tell a lie” (2 possible answers, IIRC).

I think there were a few more but thats all I can remember.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
September 21st, 2018 at 9:37:51 PM permalink
Wizard was there in his red shirt, but he is not anything but a neutral observer. People who are against Trump are in that crowd. The wife who went with her husband, or friend who went with a friend--- are not necessarily Trump supporters. The kid who is writing a story for his school newspaper. Curiousity seekers are not Trump supporters. Family members of vendors

Just looking at people in a crowd doesn't tell all. Probably out of every 1000 people at a Trump rally, there are probably only 8 real Trump supporters. But maybe I'm being generous. : }
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
September 21st, 2018 at 11:45:46 PM permalink
I suspect quite a few went due to his (ahem) "celebrity."

You know, the same yahoos that flock to glimpse "the stars" making their "arrival" on Oscars night.

Whatever, I suppose that dim bulbs envy flashing lights.
"What, me worry?"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
September 22nd, 2018 at 5:40:25 AM permalink
Thanks for putting that together. Few thoughts:

1, I am of a different thought on the closing music. The message was "you get what you need." Just a disagreement.

2. Interesting angle and how they seem to have had the crowd surrounding him. Bush43 did this at the 2000 convention acceptance speech. Might make the SS nuts but really brings him close to the crowd. FWIW, Jay Leno always wanted to be right up in front of the crowd, his Tonight Show set put him way closer to Carson. IMHO, shows Trump to be less aloof and more a man of the people.

3. Your cut job while not perfect makes me want to to a project where I would take a Trump rally like this and chop it apart to each segment and the applause. Then find an Obama rally of a similar size crowd and do the same. Get it down to 90 or so second bites, both of them, and show what each man focused on and what their crowds liked best. Can anyone suggest free YT editing software that is easy to use?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
September 22nd, 2018 at 5:47:24 AM permalink
Why only 20,000?
The population of Springfield, MO is about 170,000. Surely people drove from the greater springfield area.
The population of the greater springfield area is 540,000.
People came from farther than that, making the available population even higher.
20,000 seems small.

Obama drew 40,000 to a rally in MO.
http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/obama-draws-40000-mizzou#stream/0
The population where he was at was just over 100,000 in 2008.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 22nd, 2018 at 6:10:13 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

2. Interesting angle and how they seem to have had the crowd surrounding him. Bush43 did this at the 2000 convention acceptance speech. Might make the SS nuts but really brings him close to the crowd.

I strongly favor the way Trump did it, with the crowd around him 360 degrees. That way everyone gets a closer look. Once I went to see Mondale during the 1984 election and it was the most disorganized political event I ever saw. For just one thing, the audience was corralled in a pizza slice shape, with the stage at the tip. The media was put on an elevated platform quite close and 2/3 of the audience were behind the media and couldn't see anything.

Quote:

Your cut job while not perfect makes me want to to a project where I would take a Trump rally like this and chop it apart to each segment and the applause. Then find an Obama rally of a similar size crowd and do the same. Get it down to 90 or so second bites, both of them, and show what each man focused on and what their crowds liked best. Can anyone suggest free YT editing software that is easy to use?

The way I did it, I tried to wait for Trump to start a new topic before turning the camera on. However, by the time I was ready, it wasn't clear on the video what the topic was, thus my comments. I do recall Obama's speech being much more like a rousing church sermon.

I use Microsoft Video Editor to make videos, which is a discontinued project. I am very overdue to update this computer and will miss having it when I do. It's very simple and intuitive to use. I would also be interested in suggestions on video editing software that is easy to use at the expense of not having features that I'll probably never use anyway.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
September 22nd, 2018 at 8:04:52 AM permalink

The line of Trump supporters attending the President’s rally in Springfield, Missouri, is two miles long according to a report from police and a local reporter... reports state upwards of 20,000 people were in line for the 11,000 capacity venue.

Yeah, America hates Trump..

Only 20,000? Out of a city with a population of 167,319?

That's barely 12%. I thought Trump was popular?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
September 22nd, 2018 at 8:51:23 AM permalink

reports state upwards of 20,000 people were in line for the 11,000 capacity venue.

Yeah, America hates Trump..

Yawn
Sounds like a typical Grateful Dead Concert back in the day. They would sell out Madison Square garden 6 nights in a row and yet it was a small cult following.
Every concert I went to, thousands unable to get in.
I disagree with ALL your gambling stories! That's allowed here, to disagree! The Mission data proves it ! You want me to make a different assessment based on that data? It's just a coincidence that you always win? At least Know Thyself and don’t try to claim otherwise!!!
happahero
happahero
  • Threads: 8
September 22nd, 2018 at 9:22:07 AM permalink
Mike I know you told me he was BIG on pronouncing NE-VA-DA. Took him two years to learn how to correctly pronounce it. He used this same strategy to campaign in 2016 except it backfired on him since he mispronounced it. The only reason I remember was because I was in Reno when he was there.

I dug up the old clip- 2106 Trump lecturing people on how it should be NE-VAH-DA:
Maybe somone else can post it since I can't post links until 20 posts.

Google "Reid schools Trump in 'Nevada' pronunciation" the clip of Trump is embedded in that CNN article

Quote: Wizard

I strongly favor the way Trump did it, with the crowd around him 360 degrees. That way everyone gets a closer look. Once I went to see Mondale during the 1984 election and it was the most disorganized political event I ever saw. For just one thing, the audience was corralled in a pizza slice shape, with the stage at the tip. The media was put on an elevated platform quite close and 2/3 of the audience were behind the media and couldn't see anything.

The way I did it, I tried to wait for Trump to start a new topic before turning the camera on. However, by the time I was ready, it wasn't clear on the video what the topic was, thus my comments. I do recall Obama's speech being much more like a rousing church sermon.

I use Microsoft Video Editor to make videos, which is a discontinued project. I am very overdue to update this computer and will miss having it when I do. It's very simple and intuitive to use. I would also be interested in suggestions on video editing software that is easy to use at the expense of not having features that I'll probably never use anyway.

Dost thou even hoist
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
happahero
September 22nd, 2018 at 11:22:39 AM permalink
I redid the video a bit. Mainly corrected the spelling of energy and took out that Bush 43 clip at the end.

https://youtu.be/b2EEOKUT31o
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
happahero
September 22nd, 2018 at 11:28:57 AM permalink
Quote: happahero

Mike I know you told me he was BIG on pronouncing NE-VA-DA. Took him two years to learn how to correctly pronounce it. He used this same strategy to campaign in 2016 except it backfired on him since he mispronounced it. The only reason I remember was because I was in Reno when he was there.

Here is that clip:

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WisjXBWvo_g

It seems he really wanted to make a point of saying it correctly, but he incorrectly thought the A like in "father" was correct.

When I run for president, I'm going to pronounce Missouri like miss-ur-e, not miss-ur-uh, and don't care what anyone from the "show me state" says.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
happahero
September 22nd, 2018 at 11:36:34 AM permalink

Here is that clip:

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WisjXBWvo_g

It seems he really wanted to make a point of saying it correctly, but he incorrectly thought the A like in "father" was correct.

When I run for president, I'm going to pronounce Missouri like miss-ur-e, not miss-ur-uh, and don't care what anyone from the "show me state" says.

I don't care how you pronounce what. Do something useful. Promise to bad 6:5 BJ and pardon Pete Rose. That will get you more votes you need.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 22nd, 2018 at 12:04:06 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Probably out of every 1000 people at a Trump rally, there are probably only 8 real Trump supporters.

So all the applause and chanting and
huge energy is from Trump haters?
Really, that's the story you're going
with?
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
September 22nd, 2018 at 12:24:38 PM permalink

Yeah, I hate when people can't pronounce the place where they actually live.

I always say Ne-vah-duh and Miss-ur-ee.

There's a town here in Oklahoma spelled "Miami" but the people there pronounce it "Mi-am-uh," but normal people actually say "My-am-ee."

Oh, and "Louisville" is another one. It's "Lou-ee-ville," you silly Kentuckians, not "Loo-v'lle."

And I like when people from San Francisco get upset when you say, "Frisco." Haha... tough darts! Frisco! Frisco! Frisco!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 22nd, 2018 at 12:40:55 PM permalink

with?

Come on, Bob. Don’t you know it was all sponsored by FNC?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 22nd, 2018 at 2:27:41 PM permalink
Not that I really care, but since it came up, I'd say one in four people at the Vegas rally were either wearing a Trump shirt, hat, or holding a sign. I'd say half the audience was cheering and applauding often. I'd say the other half were like me, just respectfully taking in history.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
September 22nd, 2018 at 2:43:31 PM permalink
Thanks for the video, Wiz!

I thought the Missouri Compromise made it legal to pronounce it either way. ;)
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
billryan
billryan 
September 22nd, 2018 at 3:00:36 PM permalink

Not that I really care, but since it came up, I'd say one in four people at the Vegas rally were either wearing a Trump shirt, hat, or holding a sign. I'd say half the audience was cheering and applauding often. I'd say the other half were like me, just respectfully taking in history.

Of the non zombie half, how many were hoping to see a train wreck?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
September 22nd, 2018 at 3:01:10 PM permalink

with?

lol, the reality is, in a noisy crowd some people can be yelling anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSB7QpldGTQ
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 22nd, 2018 at 3:24:11 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

, in a noisy crowd some people can be yelling anything

Like yay Trump, you're great Trump.
I would never waste my time going
to a rally for a president I hated, so
would few others. I never cheer for
anything, lots of people don't.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 22nd, 2018 at 5:02:59 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Of the non zombie half, how many were hoping to see a train wreck?

Probably exactly none of them.

The zombie half, on the other hand....probably more than I can shake a stick at.
  • Jump to: