Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
October 4th, 2016 at 4:04:55 PM permalink
Was thinking if it would be harder to gain weight. Hot blonde gained back I think about 100 pounds fairly quickly so not sure how hard it is- but if there were aggregator condistions I may be willing to make a weight gain challenge as well with someone from the forum.
I'll start the thread with - -any takers?
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
October 4th, 2016 at 4:22:40 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Was thinking if it would be harder to gain weight. Hot blonde gained back I think about 100 pounds fairly quickly so not sure how hard it is- but if there were aggregator condistions I may be willing to make a weight gain challenge as well with someone from the forum.
I'll start the thread with - -any takers?

Is this a lifestyle change or just a weight gain challenge?
I heart Crystal Math.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
October 4th, 2016 at 4:35:02 PM permalink
I would definitely bet against gaining weight if they are gaining more than they ever weighed. It's hard forcing your body to go where it doesn't naturally want to be. The risk of death I'm sure goes up gaining weight, so you better become a beneficiary on that life insurance. Especially if they try eating ice-cream and pasta 24 hours a day in bed. Gaining muscle burns calories so it's kind of hard going that way. Steroids might not even be enough. Prednisone makes people add weight(causes insanity in some too), so they have that going for them.

As far as Hb gaining 100 pounds, not so hard for her because it's her body's natural equilibrium, to use her as an example. It's the whole betting against what you already have proven you can do thing.

I wouldn't take 100-1 odds myself to win $100,000 to gain 100, because I don't think I could do it and couldn't afford the food. I'd be self-defeating pushing a full cart every 3 days spending $500 on food(yeah probably exaggerated). Honest to God, I think gaining weight is so hard when the body isn't meant to be+100.

100 pounds is too unreasonable and even a year for that would be unreasonable. It could be done in two years, but not one. I'm not interested, I've already gained 20 pounds in the last six months I think.
I am a robot.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 4th, 2016 at 4:37:13 PM permalink
I disagree, for someone of your size it would be so much easier to gain 100 pounds. Mcd for break and lunch, a few pepsis during the day, and tasty dinner like half pound burger with cheese and bacon, baked potato with sour cream aND lots of butter, maybe some mixed veggies with butter on them and of course pepsi. End the night with a large bowl of ice cream and some more pepsi.

Hmmm that all sounds sooooo good. Do all that and you will double in weight in no time.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
October 4th, 2016 at 4:41:51 PM permalink
The only profile reasonable for my tastes would be someone whose weight hasn't fluctuated by more than 30 pounds in the last 5-10 years and has never weighed what they're trying to attempt by half the difference, minimum 30 pounds from the goal.

If someone has been between 200 and 230 in the last decade, their end goal would have to finish somewhere between 260 and 290 roughly.
I am a robot.
GWAE
GWAE
October 4th, 2016 at 4:44:58 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

The only profile reasonable for my tastes would be someone whose weight hasn't fluctuated by more than 30 pounds in the last 5-10 years and has never weighed what they're trying to attempt by half the difference, minimum 30 pounds from the goal.

If someone has been between 200 and 230 in the last decade, their end goal would have to finish somewhere between 260 and 290 roughly.

Someone who weighs 200 for a decade probably sticks to a basic caloric intake. Maybe not on purpose but just based on their lifestyle. If they make a conscious effort to eat more then they would gain it quickly.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
October 4th, 2016 at 4:48:05 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I disagree, for someone of your size it would be so much easier to gain 100 pounds. Mcd for break and lunch, a few pepsis during the day, and tasty dinner like half pound burger with cheese and bacon, baked potato with sour cream aND lots of butter, maybe some mixed veggies with butter on them and of course pepsi. End the night with a large bowl of ice cream and some more pepsi.

Hmmm that all sounds sooooo good. Do all that and you will double in weight in no time.

Your metabolism must be really slow. I eat like that all the time besides McDonald's. In my mind, most of their stuff I am so scared of, subconsciously I think I think it's rat poison. Plain hamburgers, fish filet and fries are the only things I can get myself to eat if I'm really starving.
I am a robot.
GWAE
GWAE
October 4th, 2016 at 6:04:33 PM permalink

Your metabolism must be really slow. I eat like that all the time besides McDonald's. In my mind, most of their stuff I am so scared of, subconsciously I think I think it's rat poison. Plain hamburgers, fish filet and fries are the only things I can get myself to eat if I'm really starving.

I will agree. I have always said my matabolism moves backwards sometimes.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
October 4th, 2016 at 6:32:10 PM permalink

I will agree. I have always said my matabolism moves backwards sometimes.

I think it is much easier to gain then to lose. All you need to do is increase your caloric intake and reduce your activity. I recall stories of actors doing it for movie roles all the time. It's not muscle. It is fat and water.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
October 4th, 2016 at 7:05:23 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

I think it is much easier to gain then to lose. All you need to do is increase your caloric intake and reduce your activity. I recall stories of actors doing it for movie roles all the time. It's not muscle. It is fat and water.

You taking the challenge to grow some moobs?
I am a robot.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
October 4th, 2016 at 7:06:17 PM permalink
Just go to McDonalds three times a day. They will take care of the rest.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
October 4th, 2016 at 8:27:40 PM permalink

Mcd for break and lunch, a few pepsis during the day, and tasty dinner like half pound burger with cheese and bacon, baked potato with sour cream aND lots of butter, maybe some mixed veggies with butter on them and of course pepsi. End the night with a large bowl of ice cream and some more pepsi.

There are people who do eat like that. Very few of them weigh double what I do. A lot of the teenagers and college age kids even weigh less than I do

Quote: DeMango

Just go to McDonalds three times a day. They will take care of the rest.

If I went to McDonald's for two sandwiches and a drink three times a day I would lose weight if I didn't eat much else.

The real way to successfully gain a lot of weight is to first lose a lot. Be anorexic for a few months, after that gaining weight should be very easy
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
October 4th, 2016 at 8:54:21 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

The real way to successfully gain a lot of weight is to first lose a lot. Be anorexic for a few months, after that gaining weight should be very easy

Too easy, and that would be a bad bet, foolish. That's why you have to know your participant.

Would the Wizard be willing to take the challenge? 31 pounds in six months?
I am a robot.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
October 5th, 2016 at 12:11:00 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

If I went to McDonald's for two sandwiches and a drink three times a day I would lose weight if I didn't eat much else.

There already is a movie out there from 2004 called "Super Size Me" You could look it up!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
October 5th, 2016 at 10:44:14 AM permalink

You taking the challenge to grow some moobs?

Hehe.. you mean "breasticles"?

Robert DeNiro put on 60 pounds in only four months for his role as Jake La Motta in "Raging Bull". He did it by eating his way across Europe.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
October 5th, 2016 at 10:50:10 AM permalink
Maybe it's easier than I thought.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
October 5th, 2016 at 11:05:12 AM permalink
I'm kind of shocked googling gaining weight intentionally to discover it is a sexual fetish type of thing. People are "feeders" who encourage weight gain and "growers" who put the pounds on. Where the sexual gratification they say they get comes from is a mystery to me. The world surprises.
I am a robot.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
October 5th, 2016 at 12:32:19 PM permalink
The only problem I'd have making a bet like this would be a moral one... Clearly it's not hard to just "gain" weight... But to make a bet it would probably have to be a significant amount of weight in a short period(ish) of time. At that point, you're just begging for a clogged artery and a heart attack or some other health issues. I wouldn't want to bet it because even if I won the bet, it would be at the cost of putting someone else's life at risk, in my opinion.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
October 5th, 2016 at 12:54:47 PM permalink
https://youtu.be/sjRuqD-zvZg
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 5th, 2016 at 1:00:02 PM permalink
Two years ago, I went from 408 to 360 in about three months. It was hard, I drank liquid shakes two or three times a day and ate little meals.
I went to Vegas for a month and two weeks in, decided to put it on hiatus until I got back to NY. Never got back in the flow of things and a year later was 427.
I'm back under 400 now.
I was 270 in college and was supposed to drop down to 230 in the Army. They winked at my weight as long as I was able to pass the PT test, which I did.
The best I've ever felt was around 300, when I could wear 38 jeans. I was at 54, am back to 50 and hope to get to 46 by next year. Moving to Vegas has helped as I swim a lot.
I'm 58 years old and have made two promises. If I'm not close to 325 when I'm 60, I will get surgery, and by 62 I'll have done The Walk of St James.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
October 5th, 2016 at 2:04:31 PM permalink
I got honorably discharged from the Army for failure to lose weight on 3 consecutive weigh ins. I was 5'10" and 203 lbs. Basically any weigh in where I had lost weight since the previous weigh in reset the counter. If I was on a standard base I could have done it. I lost over 30 lbs. during basic and AIT. I was stationed on a tiny base with no mess hall, a tiny kitchen nobody ever used and no knowledge of cooking or nutrition. So it was basically always eating out.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
October 5th, 2016 at 5:29:14 PM permalink

Would the Wizard be willing to take the challenge? 31 pounds in six months?

For it to be much of a challenge, would have to make it 30+ pounds in one month. Even better would be something around 100 pounds over six to 12 months. I would take action on it, but it would have to be enough to make up for such a major commitment, at least $15,000 or something.

The health risks can be severely minimized: Cheerios has about 92% of the Calories that poptarts have ... just add milk. Exercise. Then spend a year or so with no fat, no sugar, no salt, no starch, and extra heavy on the kale salads.

------

I always wanted to fail the Army's tape test while being able to max the APFT. There was one month I did come close on both.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
October 5th, 2016 at 5:57:54 PM permalink
I see a real challenge at 100 pounds in 9 months. As compared to the other "challenge " out there I see this as a betting opportunity regardless of starting weight. Yea going from 500 to 600 is easier than 200 to 300 it's still the same concept. Only difference is rules need to be set from the start with updates at predetermined dates.

Why not hide all the nonsense about caring about the "contestant" and make it all about the sport of it. Who is stepping up to take the cash?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 5th, 2016 at 10:08:35 PM permalink
Factoring in the money one would need to spend on new clothing every few weeks, the bet would need be substantial.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
October 6th, 2016 at 9:25:12 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Factoring in the money one would need to spend on new clothing every few weeks, the bet would need be substantial.

How much is a track suit?
  • Jump to: