1 vote (1.08%)
67 votes (72.82%)

92 members have voted

allinriverking
allinriverking
  • Threads: 29
June 25th, 2014 at 3:33:17 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Why would people offer their services for free so that one person could make money off their idea?

Certain colleges with alumni members in their current positions run similar programs that benefit members businesses and the college. There are even churches that offer similar programs, that benefit the person starting or operating biz and the church, they bring other members of the church to do what they can to end up benefiting the church in the long run. Example: this 19 year old girl from New York wanted to start a cupcake biz, but was turned down by bank after bank. She got her church involved, they got a member that worked at financial institution to secure small loan for materials, other members donated skill and labor for free, one member rented small commercial space no security no rent for first 3 months. What did church get? Four at cost no profit fundraising events a year in which the cupcake girl would sell the items at cost to church, and she also donated left overs from night before to church to give to homeless. People help girl, who helps church, who helps people.... that's why...
DWSH
DWSH
  • Threads: 0
June 26th, 2014 at 7:50:00 PM permalink
I'm basically a lurker on this site but I learned how to play blackjack from your Wizard of Odds site not long after you opened it. You were even kind enough to reply to a counting question back in the day. Unfortunately, I've lost that as it was a few computers back.

Donate? Of course -- and thank you for all you've given us. We're really in your debt.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 27th, 2014 at 12:07:35 AM permalink
Quote: DWSH

I'm basically a lurker on this site but I learned how to play blackjack from your Wizard of Odds site not long after you opened it. You were even kind enough to reply to a counting question back in the day. Unfortunately, I've lost that as it was a few computers back.

Donate? Of course -- and thank you for all you've given us. We're really in your debt.

Beautifully said. Thanks as a fellow supporter.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: