Thread Rating:

Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
May 17th, 2014 at 3:56:05 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

My point (in case it was too subtle -- it probably was) is that we all respect Axel around here. We know that he is a smart guy and a good gambler, even if he can't spell for shit.

So, even if Jennie couldn't spell, I don't see what the big deal would be. And, she makes a good point -- taking shortcuts when typing messages does not mean that someone can't spell. Give her a break.

I happen to completely agree with you. I was just trying to be cute......subtlety is clearly not my strong suit :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
May 17th, 2014 at 4:04:44 PM permalink

My point (in case it was too subtle -- it probably was) is that we all respect Axel around here. We know that he is a smart guy and a good gambler, even if he can't spell for shit.

So, even if Jennie couldn't spell, I don't see what the big deal would be. And, she makes a good point -- taking shortcuts when typing messages does not mean that someone can't spell. Give her a break.

That dose make sense
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
May 17th, 2014 at 4:11:10 PM permalink
Yes, it's something that I defiantly believe.

Interpret that as you will :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 978
May 17th, 2014 at 4:19:50 PM permalink

I think is very common these days for the young folk to use lots of abbreviations and acronyms when writing anything on a smart phone. Personally, I only learned what LOL meant a few months ago, so don't ask me for any such translations.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
DMSCR
DMSCR
  • Threads: 5
May 17th, 2014 at 4:32:14 PM permalink
Texting on a smartphone is a real pain I find. So it is smart, efficient and optimal to use shortcuts when ever possible.
YES TO 6/5 BJ AND CSM! SAY NO TO 3/2!!!! 6/5 HAS THE BEST PAYOUTS!!!!!
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 32
May 17th, 2014 at 5:11:20 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I think is very common these days for the young folk to use lots of abbreviations and acronyms when writing anything on a smart phone. Personally, I only learned what LOL meant a few months ago, so don't ask me for any such translations.

LOL has at least three distinct meanings as an acronym. (laughing out loud, little old ladies, lots of luck).
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 69
May 17th, 2014 at 8:22:39 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

my mother started texting about 2 years ago. She would write LOL at the end of a lot of messages. Someone finally asked her why she was doing that and her answer was, "Because I like to say lots of love sometimes."
bw
bw
  • Threads: 6
May 17th, 2014 at 9:09:21 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

my mother started texting about 2 years ago. She would write LOL at the end of a lot of messages. Someone finally asked her why she was doing that and her answer was, "Because I like to say lots of love sometimes."

Moms shouldn't text, some of these are pretty funny:
http://shi77yadvice.com/25-absurd-texts-mom/
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
May 17th, 2014 at 9:34:09 PM permalink
I believe the only nude photos rule is still in effect.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
DMSCR
DMSCR
  • Threads: 5
May 17th, 2014 at 11:06:34 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I believe the only nude photos rule is still in effect.

Even under boob ones? Say it ain't so!!!!!
YES TO 6/5 BJ AND CSM! SAY NO TO 3/2!!!! 6/5 HAS THE BEST PAYOUTS!!!!!

• Jump to: