April 22nd, 2014 at 10:06:54 PM permalink
evenbob stay in your hole its not safe.

KB1
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
April 23rd, 2014 at 10:23:30 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

The first quoted statement is seriously flirting with trolling.

To the second paragraph, perhaps people aren't leaving the site necessarily because of the Rules themselves or the enforcement thereof, but rather the pedantic and puerile complaining that has accompanied the recent changes.

The point is that the whole matter is come and gone with exception to a few people clinging to a point that was never especially important, and only borderline valid. At the end of the day, this is Wizard's Forum and we simply operate in the way that we feel best benefits the Forum with loose guidance from Wizard.

Four Suspensions have occurred this month, and from what I can tell, they've all been for personal insult...are not controversial...and would have occurred even under the old Rules. I know this is essentially about Beethoven, and that's fine, but Beethoven will have the chance to speak for Beethoven in a few days, and if he does, I will personally address his concerns.

Trolling?????? I was just restating what Mr/MRs/Ms Face clearly stated

The conversations on the other site dont deteriorate into racism as happens here as was stated by the mod. Therefore there must be racists here that dont populate that site. So logically it would seem if people dont want to run into a racist thread....they have a better chance at DT.
And its was said by MR/MRS/MS Face THAT there is less policing over there. Saying that less policing is needed. So I would guess that people are more civil over there. So more civility and less racisim.......and EB is over there and good for him if thats what he wants. He left this site as a gentleman. Didnt make a grand exit speech.So no,,,this isnt about B9. Its about people who cling to this site as some accomplishment in life....and chide people who quietly leave it as if the people who stay are soooo superior. ,,because NO ONE reads that other site dont you know. You know....the other site with less racism .

A year ago, on the very first day I started to post here regulalrly, without completely knowing how the rules are administered I got banned for 7 days for getting into it with EB. I have my issues with him. We are not pals. But if someone is still a member in good standing, and is allowed to be ridiculed by people who feel this site is some sort of holy grail.....I am just voicing my opinion. ..whether its EB or Joe Shmoe.

Someone(a mod) once said, when asked what is allowed on the boards....and it was proprosed.....if you cant say it to the wizards 7 year old son....then its not acceptable.
Ok....how about this in the same spirit of the "fun" directed at EB......"Hey little wizard.....where is your dad, ....oh he isnt back from his business trip yet???.....he is late?.......well maybe he is dead.....I will take 15-1 odds your dad is dead....do you care to take the action?.........just kidding little guy.....I was just having "fun">"

So I found some of the entries ofensive and I spoke my mind. I debated the issue. I was engaged in the conversation by others. And if you dissagree with me...I am trolling....if you agree with me you move on in life.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 23rd, 2014 at 11:01:42 AM permalink
Just reading this thread gives me a pit in my stomach.

This is just an internet forum, and I can live with or without it, and with the amount of work going on and my other interests, coming to this site is now an afterthought, rather than being one of the first five things that I look at when I am on the Internets.

When I first started posting here 4+ years back, the rules were more lax but the intent of the rules back then were just the same. They are tighter now because the crowd is more diverse and more disrepectful, due to its popularity, and we've had a fair share of blowups especially in the threads that are contentious.

Certainly, there has been a division of opinion, but as stated elsewhere, this is the Wizard's site, administered by the select few moderators, and your choices are to leave or to stay. Certain members have shorter leashes than other members because the moderators clearly are being subjective in their process, and they have people who they favor more or less than others. So be it. This is not a democracy... this is a web forum operated as a private enterprise for the purposes and priorities only known to Mike Shackleford.

Certainly, the senior members of this forum have invested alot of time and energy posting to this forum, and I hope that there is a sense of community and cameraderie felt by some. Frankly, i get a little bit pissed off when people constantly challenge the moderators about the fairness of suspensions or the rules. It's Mike's forums, with Mike's rules. If Mike posted a rule stating that we were all to use our real names or that there would be a membership fee, we can certainly question his logic, for awhile, but given that these new rules have been in place for months now, let's just accept and move on (or leave), shall we?

Of course, I miss EvenBob's posts. I am speculating
that he is saving his 15,000th as suspense, but I would
not be surprised if it was a one-liner (of less than 80
characters, of course).
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
LarryS
LarryS
April 23rd, 2014 at 11:44:47 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Just reading this thread gives me a pit in my stomach.

This is just an internet forum, and I can live with or without it, and with the amount of work going on and my other interests, coming to this site is now an afterthought, rather than being one of the first five things that I look at when I am on the Internets.

When I first started posting here 4+ years back, the rules were more lax but the intent of the rules back then were just the same. They are tighter now because the crowd is more diverse and more disrepectful, due to its popularity, and we've had a fair share of blowups especially in the threads that are contentious.

Certainly, there has been a division of opinion, but as stated elsewhere, this is the Wizard's site, administered by the select few moderators, and your choices are to leave or to stay. Certain members have shorter leashes than other members because the moderators clearly are being subjective in their process, and they have people who they favor more or less than others. So be it. This is not a democracy... this is a web forum operated as a private enterprise for the purposes and priorities only known to Mike Shackleford.

Certainly, the senior members of this forum have invested alot of time and energy posting to this forum, and I hope that there is a sense of community and cameraderie felt by some. Frankly, i get a little bit pissed off when people constantly challenge the moderators about the fairness of suspensions or the rules. It's Mike's forums, with Mike's rules. If Mike posted a rule stating that we were all to use our real names or that there would be a membership fee, we can certainly question his logic, for awhile, but given that these new rules have been in place for months now, let's just accept and move on (or leave), shall we?

Of course, I miss EvenBob's posts. I am speculating
that he is saving his 15,000th as suspense, but I would
not be surprised if it was a one-liner (of less than 80
characters, of course).

I can say with certainty he is not saving his next post for "suspense". He can voice his reason(s) himself when he is good a ready.....but its not all about "suspense" or some foolishness like that.
On the one hand you say that if someone doesnt like whats going on here...they can leave but then you cant fathom that EB could leave for a reason other than something frivolous

whats not to like about "leashes"...right?

oh, and by the way....i have never seen a post where someone suggested that the owner of the board doesnt have a right to censor, put leashes on us, set rules that can be loosely or strictly enforced depending on the poster or mod involved....no one has suggested he doesnt have that owners right. So to state the obvious as if its in debate...is kind of insinuating there is an argument when none really exists.

The fact that a section of the site is devoted to discussion of the rules......means they can be discussed and even critsized.

If a rule is put in place where mods actions/decions and rules cannot be approached, questioned, critisized......then I can see your angst with this thread. If the leashes that you claim are used are shortened in that manner...then I would agree that my comments here would be 'trolling".

But I have never seen any single post that indicated that the owner of a board anywhere cannot censor it as he/she pleases.I have never seen a single post that suggests that this site is a democracy, again another non issue. I have never seen a post that says a mod or owner doesnt have the right to play favorites and censor one person and not the other, ....that has never been questioned as being a "right" of theirs. But there is also no rule as of yet for critsizing such actions.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 23rd, 2014 at 12:20:05 PM permalink
Quote: LarryS

Trolling?????? I was just restating what Mr/MRs/Ms Face clearly stated.

My guess is because you took a comment out of context and ascribed it values that were unintended, although Mission can clarify, if he so chooses.

For example, I've never referred to WoV as a police state, nor did I say it is full of racists. I just made an observation. On DT, a comment about Asian culture turned into a discussion about events during the war, and how some of those behaviors might have originated. Here, those same comments were met immediately with judgements of racism and then 5 pages of discussion about same. As DT is populated 100% by the same people here, I found it an interesting look into psychology and group dynamics, so I mentioned it. That is all.

Mine was not a judgement or an admonishment, just an observation, directed at Buzz in an answer to your question if DT was run differently. It is run differently. It behaves differently. And the fact that it does so while consisting of the exact same people here is interesting to me.

A curiosity about psychology is much different than accusing people of being racists, as I'm sure you can see. And I think you can understand how turning an innocent observation into something inflammatory is something that we'd want to avoid. If the way I wrote it left question as to my intentions, then I apologize and hope this has cleared everything up.

Oh, and I am a dude. But the Mr. is obviously unnecessary =)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
LarryS
LarryS
April 23rd, 2014 at 1:20:44 PM permalink
Quote: Face

My guess is because you took a comment out of context and ascribed it values that were unintended, although Mission can clarify, if he so chooses.

For example, I've never referred to WoV as a police state, nor did I say it is full of racists. I just made an observation. On DT, a comment about Asian culture turned into a discussion about events during the war, and how some of those behaviors might have originated. Here, those same comments were met immediately with judgements of racism and then 5 pages of discussion about same. As DT is populated 100% by the same people here, I found it an interesting look into psychology and group dynamics, so I mentioned it. That is all.

Mine was not a judgement or an admonishment, just an observation, directed at Buzz in an answer to your question if DT was run differently. It is run differently. It behaves differently. And the fact that it does so while consisting of the exact same people here is interesting to me.

A curiosity about psychology is much different than accusing people of being racists, as I'm sure you can see. And I think you can understand how turning an innocent observation into something inflammatory is something that we'd want to avoid. If the way I wrote it left question as to my intentions, then I apologize and hope this has cleared everything up.

Oh, and I am a dude. But the Mr. is obviously unnecessary =)

I appreciate your clarification

However it just shows how the name "trolling" is in the eye of the beholder based mostly on beliefs.(politcal, religious, behavioral)

For example..if you were a republican and on another thread, posted "obama just signed in some legislation that has some racist aspects to it"

And I as a republican respond..."yes I always thought obama was a racist"

You could choose to clarify and respond" I just said the legislation was racist....I didnt say obama was racist"

A democrat could respond////////////>>>>>>>>>" you are a troll"

the person with one point of politcal view calmly clarifies.....the person with opposite opinions resorts to name calling. Now of curse a level headed democrat could post "i didnt see the OP say obama himself was racist"

whether its politcal views, or views on conduct, or views on religion......its seems namecalling someone a "troll" is the easy way out of intellectual debate

I am happy there is someone like Face who can calmly respond without name calling me "a troll".

Now had I taken your post and ran with it, plastering my views based on your words all over the place on various threads, or over and over here...that would be trolling. But I calmly posted and waited for a response and entered into an exchange. If no one responds...I dont continue. If no one responds and I continue..that could be trolling as well. But to misread intent..I dont see that as any type of violation. And certainly not trolling in itself.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
April 23rd, 2014 at 2:38:53 PM permalink
Well, I can see that hijacking a thread for spin might warrant some wrist slaps. But Re-direction of a non-race issue to a race issue is another thing. As for Blondes, it used to be certain European ethnics. And before that certain Asian ethnics, and middle-east ethnic people. The real problem is its Dumb _______'s and that kind of effacing attitude. Personally, I view Dumb ______'s as an effort to demoralize an enemy, to make one an outcast from a group, to rank the blank as the bottom of the totem structure. We call that a form of bullying these days. In the Old days, everyone had a laugh. Blazing Saddles anyone? If you couldn't laugh at our own ignorant bully-boy treatment of others, you really did miss the message. Not for nuthin' I still think it was the funniest movie ever made.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
April 23rd, 2014 at 3:39:57 PM permalink
BOB AIN'T HERE ... So I guess its up to me to say it. WTF is the difference between trolling and stating your opinion in a forum ?
I mean isn't the purpose of a forum to get a response to your comment. If not, you should just go in a closet and talk to yourself.

And if everything wasn't so nicey nice in here, I would tell you what I really think !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
April 23rd, 2014 at 3:41:31 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

BOB AIN'T HERE ... So I guess its up to me to say it. WTF is the difference between trolling and stating your opinion in a forum ?
I mean isn't the purpose of a forum to get a response to your comment. If not, you should just go in a closet and talk to yourself.

And if everything wasn't so nicey nice in here, I would tell you what I really think !

You know when you say something that isn't really your opinion, just to get a rise out of someone? (not that you would ever do that) That is trolling.
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 23rd, 2014 at 3:42:13 PM permalink
Hey Dumb Blondes are in all races. Only her hairdresser knows for sure. Now Dumb Blonde is racist.? ? ? ?

The proper emphasis is on " DUMB " !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 23rd, 2014 at 3:44:28 PM permalink
Hey Axiom ' You know when you say something that isn't really your opinion, just to get a rise out of someone? (not that you would ever do that) That is trolling.

What if it's really your opinion ? Or do the moderators have enhanced mind reading capabilities?

I have some stupid opinions as I have proved time and time again.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
April 23rd, 2014 at 3:45:15 PM permalink

Or do the moderators have enhanced mind reading capabilities?

Hey, not everyone makes the cut.
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 23rd, 2014 at 3:49:28 PM permalink
Well, I turned down the job. I know me too well ,and would give myself the nuke option is a few days at most !
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
April 23rd, 2014 at 3:55:35 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

You know when you say something that isn't really your opinion, just to get a rise out of someone? (not that you would ever do that) That is trolling.

Even if it is one's opinion, there can also sometimes be the question of how that opinion is presented.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 23rd, 2014 at 4:03:04 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Even if it is one's opinion, there can also sometimes be the question of how that opinion is presented.

Are we now to be penalized for the following ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnO9Jyz82Ps

Don't take it personal, Mission. Just asking a valid question .
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
April 23rd, 2014 at 4:06:09 PM permalink
Whipping someone in the neck is a 3-day suspension.
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 23rd, 2014 at 4:07:16 PM permalink
Not if that someone is one of those nags Fin is always betting on.
Face
Administrator
Face
April 23rd, 2014 at 4:17:40 PM permalink

Let me give this a shot. I'll use AZ and I since I have a good relationship with him and doubt he'll mind...

Both he an I have differing opinions on terms the other has found offensive. In one of the NFL threads, he stated he doesn't have a problem with the term "Redskin" and doesn't even recognize it as a slur. I, as a Native, do have a problem with it and I know it is a slur. He stated his case, I stated mine, neither of our minds changed, and we moved on.

In a political thread, I referred to members of the Tea Party as "teabaggers". I explained why I used it and why I didn't think it was a slur, he explained why it was offensive and why it was a slur. I stated my case, he stated his, neither of us changed our minds, and we moved on.

Neither of these instances are the least bit trolling. It is just what you said - voicing our opinions and discussing or debating the differences. Both of us had an emotional reaction, both of us feel strongly, yet we discussed it and moved on and I'm sure we consider each other "friend".

Now, if I hopped in every single political thread just waiting for a right-winged opinion and then started throwing the teabagger slur around, or called him one any time he mentioned something conservative, you know, went out of my way to purposely incite a negative reaction, that's clearly trolling.

It's not an exact science, but I'm sure you can notice it when it's there. There are plenty of references to injun this and wampum that in the history of this place. I have thick skin, it doesn't bother me, no harm no foul. If I were a more sensitive lad and that did bother me, I'd expect that I could voice that and be free from such slurs. And if someone took opportunity of my sensitivity and cranked it up just to bother me, well, that's trolling. Following people thread to thread, that's trolling. Bringing up the same arguments from another thread and rehashing them in 10 others, that's trolling.

In short, if you offend someone, that's life. If you make it your goal to purposely and constantly offend someone, then you need to leave.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
LarryS
LarryS
April 23rd, 2014 at 6:00:14 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Let me give this a shot. I'll use AZ and I since I have a good relationship with him and doubt he'll mind...

Both he an I have differing opinions on terms the other has found offensive. In one of the NFL threads, he stated he doesn't have a problem with the term "Redskin" and doesn't even recognize it as a slur. I, as a Native, do have a problem with it and I know it is a slur. He stated his case, I stated mine, neither of our minds changed, and we moved on.

In a political thread, I referred to members of the Tea Party as "teabaggers". I explained why I used it and why I didn't think it was a slur, he explained why it was offensive and why it was a slur. I stated my case, he stated his, neither of us changed our minds, and we moved on.

Neither of these instances are the least bit trolling. It is just what you said - voicing our opinions and discussing or debating the differences. Both of us had an emotional reaction, both of us feel strongly, yet we discussed it and moved on and I'm sure we consider each other "friend".

Now, if I hopped in every single political thread just waiting for a right-winged opinion and then started throwing the teabagger slur around, or called him one any time he mentioned something conservative, you know, went out of my way to purposely incite a negative reaction, that's clearly trolling.

It's not an exact science, but I'm sure you can notice it when it's there. There are plenty of references to injun this and wampum that in the history of this place. I have thick skin, it doesn't bother me, no harm no foul. If I were a more sensitive lad and that did bother me, I'd expect that I could voice that and be free from such slurs. And if someone took opportunity of my sensitivity and cranked it up just to bother me, well, that's trolling. Following people thread to thread, that's trolling. Bringing up the same arguments from another thread and rehashing them in 10 others, that's trolling.

In short, if you offend someone, that's life. If you make it your goal to purposely and constantly offend someone, then you need to leave.

I tend to agree and that sounds reasonable. But then you do have to distinguish between "offensive" and "annoying". You might be offended by a racial slur, or being called a name like "troll" or "idiot"........but you might be "annoyed" by people on the obamacare site that continually bash the program.

But lets face it Mods can be told that something is offensive....and just laugh it off and say its funny. Thereby leaving that behavior to repeat
For example someone posted when EB didnt show up for a few days.....myabe he is dead....and gave a+3500 line that he doesnt post again if due to death. I posted that I found joking about the death of members to be insulting and offensive. BBB says that was actually "funny". Thats just great....Hey I havent seen DICE24 for a few days...maybe he is dead.....maybe he and his entire family died in a carcrash....I will give +4500 if they all died.....but +2500 if just one or 2 died. .....Hilarious.

Even if EB is known to be alive....why joke about his death. If a woman on this board is anounces she is cancer free after years of breat cancer treatment. Can we joke about her dying from cancer.....even though we know she is alive. What kind of sick joke is that. So EB is alive today....maybe he will die tonight....would that be a cool joke?

So life goes on. We can joke about members ficticious death. Fine I accept that. And I guess if we can do that we can joke about non members death like family members. Maybe even if they have terminal cancer....that would be a good joke too. But in the end thats the rules and I accept it. I never asked for the person to be punished...I voiced an opinion. And my opinion was found to be unfounded. Fine. It doesnt affect me one way or the other. I still wont joke about other people deaths or health and live my life how my parents raised me. Others can live their lives how they were raised. I make no judgement.

ofensive comments are obviously in the eyes of the beholder and therefore the label "troll" is in the eyes of the beholder.

But just being annoyed by someone is not grounds for namecalling them a "troll". Just because someone is engaged in a debate and winning easily making the other person look foolish just by making better and more cogent points....is not trolling. Someone who goes back and forth and is engaged by others and keeps making new points even if the points annoy someone....its not trolling.

If someones posts continually annoy someone..they can block. If a thread on a topic runs to long for ones tastes...they can avoid that thread and not open it. The whiners that continually post...."i had enough of this thread"........or "i am tired of STATR33's opinion........well the world doesnt revolve around them, they can take action to avoid those threads......thats individual choice. We still possess that...we are adults...we can protect outselves from annoying posters and annoying threads.
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 23rd, 2014 at 6:38:26 PM permalink
It would be just like EB to die tonight, just to make Larry feel guilty.

Just wondering, does anyone really believe that EB emailed me ?
LarryS
LarryS
April 23rd, 2014 at 6:59:38 PM permalink

It would be just like EB to die tonight, just to make Larry feel guilty.

Just wondering, does anyone really believe that EB emailed me ?

it wouldnt make me feel guilty since its not me making fun of the possibility. It not me making a line. Its not me saying its "funny"

Those people should feel guilty....but they wont because after all its "fun"

well you have to say "emailed" ///if you mention PM you will be assumed to be posting content of PMS' without consent. at least I was.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
April 23rd, 2014 at 7:00:42 PM permalink
The word "racist" has taken on a scatalogical meaning in our society. It has replaced the N-word as the most derogatory name one can be called. It means "lowdown, scumbag, ignorant, stupid idiot."
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
LarryS
LarryS
April 23rd, 2014 at 7:06:03 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

The word "racist" has taken on a scatalogical meaning in our society. It has replaced the N-word as the most derogatory name one can be called. It means "lowdown, scumbag, ignorant, stupid idiot."

Ever see Key and Peel? Great comedy duo on com central.

Theydid a short bit on how no slur toward white people could ever stick or have meaning.....whitey , cracker, honkey...etc...none really was the equivalentt of a white person using the N word.

Until the word "racist" came along
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 23rd, 2014 at 8:24:18 PM permalink
Hand and glove with "racism" is the recently coined notion of a "hate crime."

This post-WW II term refers to targeting based on affiliation with a social group, and it is an odd construct to wrap one's mind around.

For example, two identical acts can lead to different prosecution, if one of them is labeled a "hate crime."

Why is it more wrong to commit a crime based on disliking a group of people, than it is for disliking an individual?

What difference does it make?

Punish the action, not the motivation.

A thug who punches out a wino for sport should be given no better treatment than one who punches out another solely because they are of a different race.

I see no need to carve out special treatment for "hate crimes," aka bias-motivated crimes.
"What, me worry?"
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 23rd, 2014 at 8:36:32 PM permalink
We just need a manifesto section and every time somebody posts one, it gets moved there so nobody has to roll their eyes and say they don't give a fece.
I am a robot.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
April 23rd, 2014 at 8:48:53 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Hand and glove with "racism" is the recently coined notion of a "hate crime."

This post-WW II term refers to targeting based on affiliation with a social group, and it is an odd construct to wrap one's mind around.

For example, two identical acts can lead to different prosecution, if one of them is labeled a "hate crime."

Why is it more wrong to commit a crime based on disliking a group of people, than it is for disliking an individual?

What difference does it make?

Punish the action, not the motivation.

A thug who punches out a wino for sport should be given no better treatment than one who punches out another solely because they are of a different race.

I see no need to carve out special treatment for "hate crimes," aka bias-motivated crimes.

I thought the designation of "hate crime" is used for purposes similar to crimes associated with gangs. If you treat gang crimes like the same thing as crimes done as one-off as individuals, you're missing the power of organized groups to perpetrate and plan and uniquely protect each other through tactics groups can utilize.

But that's a wild guess.

I freely admit I didn't even look up the reason though. I assume the KKK was a lot more powerful in its day, and treating everything like individual acts probably would never put a dent in it. (for example)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
LarryS
LarryS
April 23rd, 2014 at 9:17:19 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I thought the designation of "hate crime" is used for purposes similar to crimes associated with gangs. If you treat gang crimes like the same thing as crimes done as one-off as individuals, you're missing the power of organized groups to perpetrate and plan and uniquely protect each other through tactics groups can utilize.

But that's a wild guess.

I freely admit I didn't even look up the reason though. I assume the KKK was a lot more powerful in its day, and treating everything like individual acts probably would never put a dent in it. (for example)

Zimmerman was an individual.After he was found "not guilty" there was talk of the feds retrying him under the hate crime laws.

they didnt.....but they could have....costing hundreds of thousands of dollars in lawyers and court time.

Its kind of an end around of double jeopardy
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
April 23rd, 2014 at 9:28:31 PM permalink
How did you turn this into a thread about race?

Oh ya, you went on, and on, about how there are more racists on this forum then the other one. I don't know why anyone has to talk about race in the first place.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
LarryS
LarryS
April 23rd, 2014 at 9:35:46 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I think your posts are cogent and very well constructed. They portray the clarity and the intellegence of a highly educated person. You are my hero. A very astute and intuitive person with a supremely sophisticated sense of humour and intellect.
LarryS
LarryS
April 23rd, 2014 at 9:46:38 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

How did you turn this into a thread about race?

Oh ya, you went on, and on, about how there are more racists on this forum then the other one. I don't know why anyone has to talk about race in the first place.

who are you refering to.....mickey??? I apprecaite your concern. I will have a chat with him in a PM and scold him/
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
April 23rd, 2014 at 10:04:43 PM permalink

No wonder he isnt anxious to come back and rub elbows with the racists in the police state

Larry, don't scold me. Scold the person who made the above statement.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
April 23rd, 2014 at 11:07:46 PM permalink

Larry, don't scold me. Scold the person who made the above statement.

Please find and include each time he added something concerning racists after that. I really don't know what he is talking about. I don't participate in to many of the political threads, perhaps I missed something. Larry seems to involve himself in them type of discussions often. I'm a white boy who stereotypes everyone equally.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
April 24th, 2014 at 6:41:18 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Please find and include each time he added something concerning racists after that. I really don't know what he is talking about. I don't participate in to many of the political threads, perhaps I missed something. Larry seems to involve himself in them type of discussions often. I'm a white boy who stereotypes everyone equally.

Larry interjected racism into this thread on pages 5 and six where he used the terms racist and racism several times in describing WoV and its members. While he bristles at someone suggesting he is trolling he has no problem smearing us as racists. After your query about who interjected racism into this thread he implied that I did. Whats up with that? How can you take take someone seriously when they can't even remember or won't acknowledge their own actions?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 24th, 2014 at 6:43:06 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 24th, 2014 at 7:13:24 AM permalink

How can you take take someone seriously when they can't even remember or won't acknowledge their own actions?

Mickey, you already know the answer to that. I don't, you probably don't and most others probably don't either. Not speaking for others, but I feel I am usually a good judge in a case like this and I see any bet on it as huge +EV.
Mikey75
Mikey75
April 24th, 2014 at 7:30:23 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally :-)

Lol that may be the comment of this thread thus far.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
April 24th, 2014 at 7:40:30 AM permalink
deleted
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 24th, 2014 at 7:57:03 AM permalink
The first refererence to "racism" in this thread seems to have been posted not by Larry S., but by an admin.

see the second post on page five of this thread:

"It's odd. Even right now there's a conversation about cultural differences and stereotypes. It's evolving into a history lesson and possible reasons of why it came to be. We've had similar conversations here. Took all of two posts until it turned into 5 pages of racism.

Weird."

Face seems to have opened the door, and Larry S. just walked right in.
"What, me worry?"
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
April 24th, 2014 at 8:13:31 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

If he wants to know, he can come here and find out for his damn self!

He comes here every day to view the effect on his absence.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
April 24th, 2014 at 8:16:59 AM permalink
deleted
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 24th, 2014 at 8:57:30 AM permalink
" well you have to say "emailed" ///if you mention PM you will be assumed to be posting content of PMS' without consent. "

Yeah like EB is desperate enough to PM me. LOL
LarryS
LarryS
April 24th, 2014 at 8:59:26 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

The first refererence to "racism" in this thread seems to have been posted not by Larry S., but by an admin.

see the second post on page five of this thread:

"It's odd. Even right now there's a conversation about cultural differences and stereotypes. It's evolving into a history lesson and possible reasons of why it came to be. We've had similar conversations here. Took all of two posts until it turned into 5 pages of racism.

Weird."

Face seems to have opened the door, and Larry S. just walked right in.

Dont let the facts get in the way of rhetoric.
LarryS
LarryS
April 24th, 2014 at 9:24:15 AM permalink

" well you have to say "emailed" ///if you mention PM you will be assumed to be posting content of PMS' without consent. "

Yeah like EB is desperate enough to PM me. LOL

do you really sit a terminal and laugh out loud at your own comments? Sounds kind of creepy.

I agree, it would be an act of desperation.
Buzzard
Buzzard
April 24th, 2014 at 9:34:38 AM permalink
If I dont laugh at me, who will ? Certainly not EB
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
April 24th, 2014 at 10:39:39 AM permalink

Dont let the facts get in the way of rhetoric.

You certainly don't.
  • Jump to: