RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
May 20th, 2018 at 8:24:38 AM permalink

We just finished the three hand demo for Bonus Discard Poker in the Jacks or Better version.

To play the game, wins in the primary hands are multiplied by wins in the secondary hand using three of the five discards from the hand to create the multiplier. Be sure to try the three different versions of the discard pay scale for different multipliers.

Jacks or Better:
http://www.realizegamingllc.com/demo/tripleBDP1

DDB- Math still a work in progress:
http://www.realizegamingllc.com/dev/tripleBDP2/

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
May 20th, 2018 at 9:46:34 AM permalink
Interesting game.

One issue is that I was initially very confused about the discount - I thought it was a multiplier of 0 for a high card hand. You may want to consider changing the last line on the discount bonus table to read:

Other 1x

or

Two Pair or Lower 1x.

Also, it did take me a little while to realize that I could change the discount bonus table AFTER I had received the first 5 cards. On most hands I imagine that is not important, but one some hands it is quite important.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
May 20th, 2018 at 10:06:13 AM permalink
During my play, I did not happen to notice any instance in which a card drawn to the discard hand duplicated any card drawn to the 3 primary hands.

So, are any of the cards drawn to the 3 primary hands "removed from the deck" and unavailable to be drawn to the discard hand?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
May 20th, 2018 at 12:53:34 PM permalink
That's a million times better than the earlier version. I don't remember what it did but it made little sense when I first played it, and it seemed impossible to win.

Now it's easier to understand, and you can better see where the wins and multipliers come from. Still didn't dop all that well, but much better than before.

It has potential IMO.

Edited to add that I think that the "wins" would look better lined up with each hand on the side than in front of the cards.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
May 20th, 2018 at 1:34:05 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Interesting game.

One issue is that I was initially very confused about the discount - I thought it was a multiplier of 0 for a high card hand. You may want to consider changing the last line on the discount bonus table to read:

Other 1x

or

Two Pair or Lower 1x.

Also, it did take me a little while to realize that I could change the discount bonus table AFTER I had received the first 5 cards. On most hands I imagine that is not important, but one some hands it is quite important.

gordonm888, you are correct on the label. We don't want to award a x0 multiplier in the game as it would nullify all wins in the primary hand if you get the x0 in the discard hand.

Great catch on the ability to change the multiplier mid-game. It should be locked until the completion of the hand.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
May 20th, 2018 at 1:39:27 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

During my play, I did not happen to notice any instance in which a card drawn to the discard hand duplicated any card drawn to the 3 primary hands.

So, are any of the cards drawn to the 3 primary hands "removed from the deck" and unavailable to be drawn to the discard hand?

You are correct. Once the cards are shown on the deal and the player chooses where to place them, they are "virtually" removed from the other hands and can't appear again. Just like triple play poker, once you hold and discard the cards, they are removed from subsequent hands. The difference in my game is that you see the discards from the deal in the discard hand while in triple play they are "physically" removed from the current and subsequent hands.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
May 20th, 2018 at 1:43:58 PM permalink
Quote: Hullabaloo

That's a million times better than the earlier version. I don't remember what it did but it made little sense when I first played it, and it seemed impossible to win.

Now it's easier to understand, and you can better see where the wins and multipliers come from. Still didn't dop all that well, but much better than before.

It has potential IMO.

Edited to add that I think that the "wins" would look better lined up with each hand on the side than in front of the cards.

Thanks Hullabaloo. A few edits and some final touches have helped. A huge thanks to everyone on the forums who offered their feedback.

I definitely understand your comment on the win labels over the cards. It is a hard decision since we want everything to look great in both landscape and portrait mode on any mobile device. With two pay scales it makes it very tough to fit everything on the screen.
edwardjsmith
edwardjsmith
  • Threads: 1
May 20th, 2018 at 3:20:18 PM permalink
A popular attraction of 25cent Triple play is no W2G on $1,000 hit. With a multiplier of 2 this becomes a W2G event, And if player takes standard deduction, he will definitely be taxed on the win. Of course bigger payout, but still cost twice as much to play. And AGI will be higher, which sometimes hurts. Just saying
No ICE in my drink, PLEASE
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
May 21st, 2018 at 2:30:25 PM permalink
Quote: edwardjsmith

A popular attraction of 25cent Triple play is no W2G on $1,000 hit. With a multiplier of 2 this becomes a W2G event, And if player takes standard deduction, he will definitely be taxed on the win. Of course bigger payout, but still cost twice as much to play. And AGI will be higher, which sometimes hurts. Just saying

I understand what you are saying. The x2 multiplier would definitely result in a tax form, but once you get into the higher possible multipliers (X8, X14, X16) I'm sure most players would be okay with it.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
May 21st, 2018 at 4:32:55 PM permalink
I wanted to share a nice win that was sent to me yesterday. This person was playing the DDB version of the game.

VladAlex1
VladAlex1
  • Threads: 23
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
May 21st, 2018 at 6:27:08 PM permalink
Wow! Thank you for sharing a great Win pic!
I’d rather have to be a lucky player than good one.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
May 22nd, 2018 at 4:43:56 AM permalink
If anyone has any nice hands they have earned from playing the demos, please feel free to post them or send them to me at tnottke@realizegamingllc.com and I will gladly post them for you.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
May 27th, 2018 at 7:28:47 AM permalink
A minor update where the win labels are now off to the side to avoid covering up the hands.

http://www.realizegamingllc.com/demo/tripleBDP1/#RG

• Jump to: