ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
August 30th, 2018 at 6:58:31 AM permalink
https://www.caesars.com/content/cet-global/caesars-com/total-rewards/promotions/diamond-tier-upgrade.html

Click on Nevada and it says they will match MLife Gold to Diamond.

The status is only good through Jan. 31, 2019, but still...

It's much easier to get MLife Gold than CET Diamond.

I'll be in Vegas all next week. Will have to try this.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
September 20th, 2018 at 7:12:03 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

https://www.caesars.com/content/cet-global/caesars-com/total-rewards/promotions/diamond-tier-upgrade.html

Click on Nevada and it says they will match MLife Gold to Diamond.

The status is only good through Jan. 31, 2019, but still...

It's much easier to get MLife Gold than CET Diamond.

I'll be in Vegas all next week. Will have to try this.

Did it work? Do they restrict any benefits, like the $100 celebration dinner?

I'm headed out next week to take my wife to see Barry Manilow and I may want to try this...I usually like to play craps at Cromwell anyway...
ams288
ams288
September 20th, 2018 at 7:18:44 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Did it work? Do they restrict any benefits, like the $100 celebration dinner?

Unfortunately, I totally forgot to try on my last trip.

But in a MyVegas Facebook group, I've seen other people say that you do get the $100 celebration dinner from tier matching. Some even said they got comped offers to Atlantis in the Bahamas just from tier matching to Diamond.
RonC
RonC
September 20th, 2018 at 7:19:38 AM permalink
Thanks...I shall check it out...

Famous last words on any of my Vegas trips...
ams288
ams288
October 6th, 2018 at 4:04:19 PM permalink
I did the tier match this morning at Planet Hollywood with no issues.

It is valid till the end of January. She said since it’s already October I only need to get 3,750 tier credits to maintain Diamond through 2019 (instead of the usual 15,000).
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 6th, 2018 at 11:28:31 PM permalink

I did the tier match this morning at Planet Hollywood with no issues.

It is valid till the end of January. She said since it’s already October I only need to get 3,750 tier credits to maintain Diamond through 2019 (instead of the usual 15,000).

I would be surprised if that is true. First I would have heard of that.

Note, they will only tier match 1 time. If you get tiered now for only 3 months, they wont do it again in Jan.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
ams288
ams288
October 7th, 2018 at 5:50:26 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Note, they will only tier match 1 time. If you get tiered now for only 3 months, they wont do it again in Jan.

Yep, she mentioned that too.

I’m not a big CET fan. I’m gonna take the $100 dinner credit and run.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
October 7th, 2018 at 6:33:45 AM permalink

I would be surprised if that is true. First I would have heard of that.

They prorated the maintenance requirements last year too. If I knew they were going to do this again this year,
I would have done it early this year. We made a quick trip to Vegas in January just to get resort fees waived one last time. Oops. But at least I got to try out the diamond lounges for free back then I guess. I would never pay $10 for them.

Did you get the tier match done RonC?
RonC
RonC
October 7th, 2018 at 8:16:26 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

It was on my list of things to do while I was there, but I did not get it done.
ams288
ams288
October 7th, 2018 at 10:16:39 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

They prorated the maintenance requirements last year too. If I knew they were going to do this again this year,
I would have done it early this year. We made a quick trip to Vegas in January just to get resort fees waived one last time. Oops. But at least I got to try out the diamond lounges for free back then I guess. I would never pay $10 for them.

What do you get in the Diamond Lounges? I was thinking about checking out one of them today.

I have $10 in resort credits that I can’t imagine using on anything else so might as well...
GWAE
GWAE
October 7th, 2018 at 4:39:25 PM permalink

What do you get in the Diamond Lounges? I was thinking about checking out one of them today.

I have $10 in resort credits that I can’t imagine using on anything else so might as well...

In vegas they are terrible. They will put food out around 4pm when they open and the food is gone by 445 and they do not refill it. About the only thing you can get is free alcohol.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
wakeywakey92
wakeywakey92
  • Threads: 0
October 24th, 2018 at 12:10:48 PM permalink
Did they match and give you the status right away? I only plan to be in Vegas this weekend and will probably not be back til next year so would be pointless to status match if it's not right away.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
October 24th, 2018 at 12:45:32 PM permalink

In vegas they are terrible. They will put food out around 4pm when they open and the food is gone by 445 and they do not refill it. About the only thing you can get is free alcohol.

You are right about Vegas DL's (at least in my experience), but I have found some of the DL's outside Vegas (New Orleans, Biloxi, Cherokee, Joliet) to be quite nice with better and more plentiful food. Joliet is my favorite, but you do have to pay for alcohol.

Alas, I'm back to Gold (well, Platinum, now) as of this January.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
GWAE
GWAE
October 24th, 2018 at 12:56:22 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

You are right about Vegas DL's (at least in my experience), but I have found some of the DL's outside Vegas (New Orleans, Biloxi, Cherokee, Joliet) to be quite nice with better and more plentiful food. Joliet is my favorite, but you do have to pay for alcohol.

Alas, I'm back to Gold (well, Platinum, now) as of this January.

I have it through founders.. I was going to renew it but if they are making changes inam worried that they may eliminate founders.
ams288
ams288
October 24th, 2018 at 1:12:04 PM permalink
Quote: wakeywakey92

Did they match and give you the status right away? I only plan to be in Vegas this weekend and will probably not be back til next year so would be pointless to status match if it's not right away.

I got the card right away, but she told me it'd take a day or so for everything to go through in their system (I didn't check to see how long it actually took).
GamblinCabbie
GamblinCabbie
  • Threads: 1
January 17th, 2019 at 11:39:09 AM permalink
Question could someone play a nested game of continually being upgraded? Have a match at one that gets you Diamond at CET and then using the Diamond to be matched elsewhere that you later use to get more Diamond back at CET?
GWAE
GWAE
January 17th, 2019 at 4:58:47 PM permalink
Quote: GamblinCabbie

Question could someone play a nested game of continually being upgraded? Have a match at one that gets you Diamond at CET and then using the Diamond to be matched elsewhere that you later use to get more Diamond back at CET?

cet will only match 1 time they say. I have heard of people getting it a second time but that may not be common.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 17th, 2019 at 5:23:49 PM permalink

cet will only match 1 time they say. I have heard of people getting it a second time but that may not be common.

I thought it was you couldn't do it two years in a row.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
BlueEagle
BlueEagle
  • Threads: 5
January 18th, 2019 at 8:29:25 PM permalink
The year before last, I took advantage of the tier-match offer to get Total Rewards Diamond from my MLife Platinum. The only thing I used it for was free parking and the $100 dinner voucher. I didn't take advantage of the free stay at Atlantis. Tier-match was offered again last year, but I was turned down because I had tier-matched before.

I received an email a couple months ago from Total Rewards offering local residents a free upgrade to Platinum until the end of January 2019. I stopped by to take advantage of that, but then realized I was thinking of Diamond. At least I'd get free parking.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 19th, 2019 at 10:02:44 AM permalink
Quote: BlueEagle

The year before last, I took advantage of the tier-match offer to get Total Rewards Diamond from my MLife Platinum. The only thing I used it for was free parking and the $100 dinner voucher. I didn't take advantage of the free stay at Atlantis. Tier-match was offered again last year, but I was turned down because I had tier-matched before.

I received an email a couple months ago from Total Rewards offering local residents a free upgrade to Platinum until the end of January 2019. I stopped by to take advantage of that, but then realized I was thinking of Diamond. At least I'd get free parking.

Platinum waives resort fees too, and lets you skip *some* lines (not all). It's better than nothing.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
GWAE
GWAE
January 19th, 2019 at 10:29:07 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Platinum waives resort fees too, and lets you skip *some* lines (not all). It's better than nothing.

Cet platinum doesnt waive resort fees.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 19th, 2019 at 10:57:37 AM permalink

Cet platinum doesnt waive resort fees.

Hmm, do they get waved on a total comp ($0 night)? My last stay at Flamingo I remember not paying them somehow. I was platinum via the TR credit card, have never been diamond.

This was many years ago (2014 I think), so I absolutely believe you. This may even be before CET started with the resort fees and I'm remembering something else. I know ElCo waived them for me on my next trip after that, as the rooms were a total comp and that was their policy at the time (or at least my host's policy).
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 19th, 2019 at 12:22:19 PM permalink
They were waived at Harrahs Laughlin so I think it depends on the locale. Don't think they waive them in Vegas, but CET changes things up often, and I have managed to wean them from my life so don't follow them much.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 19th, 2019 at 2:44:37 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Hmm, do they get waved on a total comp ($0 night)? My last stay at Flamingo I remember not paying them somehow. I was platinum via the TR credit card, have never been diamond.

This was many years ago (2014 I think), so I absolutely believe you. This may even be before CET started with the resort fees and I'm remembering something else. I know ElCo waived them for me on my next trip after that, as the rooms were a total comp and that was their policy at the time (or at least my host's policy).

Yeah, platinum got devalued in either 2015 or 2016, and now diamond and up waive resort fees. I do think individual locations can add platinum waiver though.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
June 7th, 2019 at 10:27:55 AM permalink
This is still in effect
https://www.caesars.com/total-rewards/promotions/diamond-tier-upgrade
"Present your valid , eligible VIP loyalty card from select competitors to any Caesars Rewards Center between February 1 - December 31, 2019, and we will upgrade you to Diamond status through January 31, 2020."
for example just show my Cosmopolitan (where I do play these days) platinum Identity card, and I get my Caesar's (where I don't play lately) Total Rewards card upgraded to Diamond.

https://www.caesars.com/total-rewards/benefits-overview

But wonder if merely being Caesar's diamond gets you comp offers, without any recent play? I doubt it.
If you look closely:
"NEW! 1 free night in Las Vegas or Atlantic City for every 5,000 Tier Credits earned in 2019, up to 7 nights" --- this offer is for ANY tier level, which implies that action is what gets you the free nights, not mere tier status.
Yes you get "no resort fee" merely by being diamond, but - who cares? I can get free suites AND no resort fee already at Cosmopolitan.
In the end, I think about all this will be good for, unless I resume play at a Caesar's property, is to bypass the buffet line, or get a restaurant discount, if we decide to dine at a Caesar's property.

I haven't played at a Caesar's resort (Harrah's bought Caesar's Ent. in 2005 then changed its name to Caesar's Ent. in 2010) in a decade or so, so my old Harrah's Total Rewards card eventually reverted to just gold.

We stayed in Tahoe for a couple of weeks early this year at a Caesar's Ent. property, and I just paid cash for everything since I no longer gamble in Tahoe, so whatever we spent in the resort/spa/restaurants turned into points. You do get access to their "Laurel Lounges" (formerly Diamond Lounges) with a Caesar's diamond card, which they have two nice ones in Tahoe that used to go to all the time, but apparently the current rule is that you gain access only if you have earned at least 25K tier credits in the year, otherwise you gotta cough up 1000 reward credits ($10.) per entry, even with a Diamond card.

So...over all...it would seem that they are making Diamond tier status not as powerful as it was back when I used to play heavily at Harrah's properties, and making Seven Stars the tier that gains automatic benefit.
Last edited by: MDawg on Jun 7, 2019
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
June 7th, 2019 at 11:17:20 AM permalink
This is making me shed a tier
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
GWAE
GWAE
June 7th, 2019 at 11:37:38 AM permalink
It is definitely worth it. You wont get offers because of it but you get no resort fees, free show tickets, 100 dinner, and skip the lines including hotel check in.

We ate at hash house a go go. There was a 3 hour wait, my diamond card got us in in 12 min
MDawg
MDawg
June 7th, 2019 at 1:28:51 PM permalink
The free show tickets, 100 dinner, and skip the lines definitely sound good. Especially since for zero action (at Caesar's).
Last edited by: MDawg on Jun 7, 2019
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
June 8th, 2019 at 9:13:11 AM permalink
What about then taking the Caesar's diamond card to M Life to have M Life match it for gold? You read on the internet about people trying this with varying success.

I currently have multiple lines in Vegas but haven't gotten back into playing at MGM resorts yet.
GWAE
GWAE
June 8th, 2019 at 10:28:34 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

What about then taking the Caesar's diamond card to M Life to have M Life match it for gold? You read on the internet about people trying this with varying success.

I currently have multiple lines in Vegas but haven't gotten back into playing at MGM resorts yet.

MGM gold gets you basically nothing other that line passes at some places. May have a few other benefits like discounts but nothing that I ever use.
MDawg
MDawg
September 12th, 2019 at 10:44:22 AM permalink
Been in Vegas almost two weeks already but finally got around to walking over to Caesar's and presenting my Platinum Cosmo card to upgrade my Caesar's Total Rewards to diamond. Funny in that I gave her my old diamond Harrah's card which the player number is still the same, and she threw it in the trash after she created the new card. I asked her to retrieve it "that's my lucky card."

Haven't played at a Caesar's Ent. resort in years.

Not sure we'll even have time to take advantage of the new Diamond card for anything this trip, but plan to be in Tahoe for skiing again this season so it should be useful for something while staying up there again at Harvey's. She said that the "Diamond celebration dinner" kicks in in about a week, maybe if this stays on the card long enough and it works for Harvey's will be able to use it in Tahoe, if not, will try to use it before we leave Vegas this trip.
Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 12, 2019
  • Jump to: