GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 68
December 28th, 2015 at 4:25:33 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

yes, you are correct on both.

you can do two 5k Tier credit runs on separate days.
but DiaD = more comps

You are partially correct. Sometimes 1200 theo is equal to 1800 theo when it comes to comps.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 30
May 23rd, 2016 at 9:02:39 AM permalink
Signing up for a TR credit card puts you at Platinum status after spending some money (worthless, I know).

But does anyone know if this means that you only need to earn 10k TC to reach diamond, or do you still need to earn all 15k?

The card rewards seem pretty lousy in general compared to a straight cash back card. The 5x RC for spending money on property seems like the only real benefit, considering the silly amounts I spend on rooms and food.
whodat
whodat
  • Threads: 6
May 23rd, 2016 at 9:47:27 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Signing up for a TR credit card puts you at Platinum status after spending some money (worthless, I know).

But does anyone know if this means that you only need to earn 10k TC to reach diamond, or do you still need to earn all 15k?

The card rewards seem pretty lousy in general compared to a straight cash back card. The 5x RC for spending money on property seems like the only real benefit, considering the silly amounts I spend on rooms and food.

I have one. It only give you "platinum status." There are no tier points to go with it. In other words they don't load 5000 tier points on for you. Platinum only gives small perks and no nice offers unless you play, and then you are rated and offered according to your play. If you want Diamond status, you still have to earn/buy 15K tier points.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 68
May 23rd, 2016 at 9:53:22 AM permalink
You are better off getting the SPG cc and paying $400 for the foundeRS card if you really want diamond. At least that way you can get 6 to 8 free hotel rooms and still have your diamond and for $400
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 26
May 23rd, 2016 at 10:00:29 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

You are better off getting the SPG cc and paying $400 for the foundeRS card if you really want diamond. At least that way you can get 6 to 8 free hotel rooms and still have your diamond and for $400

And you get free nights with Diamond as a perk at any Caesars hotel in the world... And you get $100 celebration dinner... and 2 free show tickets per month. If you actually play for it you also get mailers/etc too. To me, if you want to be Diamond it's beyond worth getting.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
May 23rd, 2016 at 10:03:58 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I've heard of founders card, but I thought you had to own a business to qualify. And I also don't understand how it relates to SWG?

I barely play and CET comps me for pretty much any weekday room in AC. What I'm trying to do is get weekends comp'd. Obviously I need to play more to do this, but so TC/R/levels make any difference with that, or is it all daily theoretical?
Last edited by: gamerfreak on May 23, 2016
Romes
Romes
May 23rd, 2016 at 11:21:05 AM permalink
Daily Theoretical plays a larger role in to the amount of your comps (weekday vs weekend) though I've found once you reach a certain level all of the above wasn't a problem. Then again I played for my statuses everywhere so perhaps they like my ADT. If you get the founders card and diamond I would presume that would get you most the perks but perhaps not the weekends. You could always just earn Diamond by playing 2 sessions where you get 2500 tier credits (5k bonus) if I'm remembering that correctly. That will help up your ADT a bit (not a ton because it's just a couple days) but your EV is not that bad if you can find 9/6 JoB or the 99% Deuces I've found at numerous properties.

Summary: If you want diamond that bad, I seriously think it's a PLUS EV PLAY to just play for it. With a good VP game your EV is like -$400, but the mailers/dinner(s)/tickets/perks you get more than make up for that, in my opinion.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
May 23rd, 2016 at 11:38:18 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

You could always just earn Diamond by playing 2 sessions where you get 2500 tier credits (5k bonus) if I'm remembering that correctly. That will help up your ADT a bit (not a ton because it's just a couple days) but your EV is not that bad if you can find 9/6 JoB or the 99% Deuces I've found at numerous properties.

Summary: If you want diamond that bad, I seriously think it's a PLUS EV PLAY to just play for it. With a good VP game your EV is like -$400, but the mailers/dinner(s)/tickets/perks you get more than make up for that, in my opinion.

The problem with the VP play is that, to my knowledge, the full pay machines in AC only give 1 TC per $20 or $50 coin in, as opposed to $10. In which case 8/6 has a better EV. Maybe I'm wrong about this?

Another play could be a slot that is advertised to have a 2% house edge (assuming their advertising is required to be accurate), but I'm assuming these reward less TC as well.
Romes
Romes
May 23rd, 2016 at 11:57:07 AM permalink
Slots are easier to earn TC's, but the mystery as you pointed out leaves too many questions we can't answer. How do we know which one's are 2%? How do we know they're actually set at 2%? How do we know those machines aren't set up to return tier credits at a poor rate? Supposedly it's $10 for 1 TC in VP and $5 for 1 TC in slots... but does that include the 2% HE slots? Are those top heavy for super high variance, etc, etc, etc?

At the end of the day the variance could kill you on just a couple sessions. I'd rather stick to 8/5 JoB even where I KNOW the TC's, the variance, and my EV for the play. Even if it was $20 for 1 point on FP, so long as you're playing correctly, that has a POSITIVE expectation, unless you're referring to 9/6 JoB as "full pay," in which case I'd 'probably' agree with you that 9/5, 8/6, or 8/5 would probably be better (haven't done the math yet just my educated guess).
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 79
May 23rd, 2016 at 12:13:17 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I've heard of founders card, but I thought you had to own a business to qualify. And I also don't understand how it relates to SWG?

I barely play and CET comps me for pretty much any weekday room in AC. What I'm trying to do is get weekends comp'd. Obviously I need to play more to do this, but so TC/R/levels make any difference with that, or is it all daily theoretical?

I have/had a founders card. You have to be an "entrepreneur" to get one. That might mean that you own your own business, but it's not needed. There's no screen or anything. I got the card last May, and I won't renew (hence the wording in the first sentence - not exactly sure when it expires).

I haven't used any of the "perks" except for the Diamond upgrade. I thought maybe the Sixt car rental perks or hotel discounts would work for me, but they're still higher than I could get with my company's discount and I'm allowed to use that for personal travel. If I didn't have my company's discounts to rely on, the Founder's card would probably have been a better fit for me.

I know there's a total rewards/Starwood tie-in now, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the Founders Club.

Also, I don't think there's necessarily a correlation between diamond status and room offers. There's a big correlation between ADT and room offers, and a lesser correlation between ADT and card status (depending on visit frequency). But the primary benefit of the card (for me, at least) is/was line jumping. Avoiding 50 person check-in lines at Harrah's AC and in Vegas all year last year was pretty swell.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett

• Jump to: