Thread Rating:

JL2
JL2
  • Threads: 1
April 6th, 2011 at 6:30:51 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

I would not call that "cowardliness". He would be a "coward" if he thought he had a chance, but was afraid it would not go his way. But I have no doubt he knows full well that mathematically his "theories" is just a load of crap, and there is no way in hell anyone who had just a hint of a clue would buy any of it after seeing his "evidence".
Ducking the questions and challenges is not therefore cowardly on his part, the proper name for it is fraud.

Perhaps you should read my reply to "gog" that very well may lump you in with the confused soul that he appears to be this fine morning!
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
April 6th, 2011 at 6:32:40 AM permalink
I have no desire to be lumped in with any souls, confused or not, thank you very much.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 6th, 2011 at 7:26:45 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Fortunately, this forum has an anonymous poll feature. Go ahead and use it.

I still don't think JL2 dares. To help him along, though, I changed my mind and set up a poll on Singer. It's in the Free Speech Zone, due to the terms necessary for such a discussion.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
gog
gog
  • Threads: 5
April 6th, 2011 at 7:26:49 AM permalink
Quote: JL2

but I don't believe he lives in Nevada so can he really be expected to scour machines in Clark county?

And yet ME is a coward for not bothering to fly over to nevada, putting your troubled mind to peace so you can stop worrying about it and beg for your day job back

Quote:

Plus there's the problem of singer not being here to see it or this

So Rob made a challenge, had one of the involved parties accept, but does not know about it because he did not bother... er i mean was too afraid to follow up on it once either from reading this board, email or otherwise?

Quote:

and I didn't see where WoV said he e-mailed it to him, did you?

I see an acceptance and no response. Separate this from the me challenge if you please, doesn't change anything.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
April 6th, 2011 at 7:58:04 AM permalink
Quote: gog

I see an acceptance and no response. Separate this from the me challenge if you please, doesn't change anything.

Remember what Mr. Singer actually wrote:
Quote: RobSinger

I’m not hard to find, and all questions/responses must go to me via e-mail. If anyone wants to put in some stupid comments here go right ahead, I won’t be reading them.

Mr. Singer started this whole thing off by (a) making a challenge on this forum and then (b) choosing *not* to address any follow-up comments on this forum. He left the forum of his own free will. Instead of staying to address any comments or questions, or to facilitate the "agreement on the parameters of this" (his words), he scurried off to hide behind private emails. What did he expect - someone with a question to go track him down via email and then report back to this forum like a diplomatic liaison? That's ridiculous. And that's all in spite of the fact that his last email to me, back in January, indicated that such debates do indeed belong in a public forum. The moral of the story, apparently, is that Mr. Singer cannot be held to his word.

In any competitive sporting event, if one team leaves the field of play and refuses to return, they forfeit the match. That's what Mr. Singer did. He quit the game, left the field and refuses to return. He forfeits his challenge. Game over, man. WizardofVegas forum 1, Mr. Singer 0.

Edit: I know the Wizard, and I think that if Mr. Singer expressed sincere apologies for his past behavior and promised not to belittle or insult other members (per the forum rules that apply to everyone), the Wizard may possibly consider lifting his suspension so Mr. Singer can re-make his challenge in this forum and actually stick around to see it through. But that'd be up to the Wizard, and Mr. Singer would have to put together a pretty convincing argument. I wouldn't expect any of that to happen, though -- Mr. Singer doesn't have a good track record of putting together convincing arguments.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
JL2
JL2
April 6th, 2011 at 11:29:13 AM permalink
Quote: gog

And yet ME is a coward for not bothering to fly over to nevada, putting your troubled mind to peace so you can stop worrying about it and beg for your day job back

You're so confused...or out of touch, whichever. MathE wants to be paid and have expenses covered for something that'll last a few days (at least he says he does but he won't send the guy his request or response). Scouring all the machines in Clark County from out-of-state sounds like an impossible task for even someone who lives there.

So Rob made a challenge, had one of the involved parties accept, but does not know about it because he did not bother... er i mean was too afraid to follow up on it once either from reading this board, email or otherwise?

Mr. singer made the challenge TO MathE, that's how I and anyone else who can read will read it. It looks like you're feeling bad for the guy by making things up. Please read the proposal like I did. He also wrote that all communication has to be via e-mail because he didn't want to be involved in the forum any longer. Anyone who wasn't afraid would readily do that.

Then why don't you ask singer if he wants to or has the time to "scour the machines of Clark County" and maybe you could go along with him on that 5 year journey as a witness! Oh... WAIT! That doesn't make sense. You have a life!
JL2
JL2
April 6th, 2011 at 11:31:47 AM permalink

I’m not hard to find, and all questions/responses must go to me via e-mail. If anyone wants to put in some stupid comments here go right ahead, I won’t be reading them.

Mr. Singer started this whole thing off by (a) making a challenge on this forum and then (b) choosing *not* to address any follow-up comments on this forum. He left the forum of his own free will. Instead of staying to address any comments or questions, or to facilitate the "agreement on the parameters of this" (his words), he scurried off to hide behind private emails. What did he expect - someone with a question to go track him down via email and then report back to this forum like a diplomatic liaison? That's ridiculous. And that's all in spite of the fact that his last email to me, back in January, indicated that such debates do indeed belong in a public forum. The moral of the story, apparently, is that Mr. Singer cannot be held to his word.

In any competitive sporting event, if one team leaves the field of play and refuses to return, they forfeit the match. That's what Mr. Singer did. He quit the game, left the field and refuses to return. He forfeits his challenge. Game over, man. WizardofVegas forum 1, Mr. Singer 0.

Edit: I know the Wizard, and I think that if Mr. Singer expressed sincere apologies for his past behavior and promised not to belittle or insult other members (per the forum rules that apply to everyone), the Wizard may possibly consider lifting his suspension so Mr. Singer can re-make his challenge in this forum and actually stick around to see it through. But that'd be up to the Wizard, and Mr. Singer would have to put together a pretty convincing argument. I wouldn't expect any of that to happen, though -- Mr. Singer doesn't have a good track record of putting together convincing arguments.

I didn't know you would humble yourself in front of your adoring fans by scrambling through a litany of excuses like this.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
April 6th, 2011 at 11:43:30 AM permalink

So Rob made a challenge

Yes, just as he was leaving. How honorable.

He doesn't want to be involved in the forum any longer? Sure, that's what he said when he left the forum in January too. Whoops.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
April 6th, 2011 at 11:47:43 AM permalink

Mr. Singer started this whole thing off by (a) making a challenge on this forum and then (b) choosing *not* to address any follow-up comments on this forum. He left the forum of his own free will.

I didn't know you would humble yourself in front of your adoring fans by scrambling through a litany of excuses like this.

I'm not excusing Mr. Singer's behavior at all. The question is, why do you?
Nareed
Nareed
April 6th, 2011 at 12:06:13 PM permalink

I'm not excusing Mr. Singer's behavior at all. The question is, why do you?

Because he's either Singer, Singer's sock puppet/Jerry Logan, a shill or just a garden variety troll who knows how to spell "Singer."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
April 6th, 2011 at 12:18:29 PM permalink
from yesterday

My last post on this issue.

cue ken (cough)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
JL2
JL2
April 6th, 2011 at 1:21:00 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

from yesterday

cue ken (cough)

That's just poor comprehensive reading.

It was my last post in rebuttal to MathE's flowing list of excuses.

You're allowed one more try.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 6th, 2011 at 1:28:14 PM permalink

That's just poor comprehensive reading.

It was my last post in rebuttal to MathE's flowing list of excuses.

You're allowed one more try.

No, Chuckles, it's poor follow through, and you seem to be one of those poor confused souls who has to have the last word and fails to follow through on his own words with some flailing excuse and post-hoc explanations.

"My last word on this issue" would be read by most people as being.. well their last word on the topic under discussion. Your big on reading comprehension, but you should also try some writing comprehension.

But yet, you poor confused man, continue to keep writing and flailing and becoming a sweet object of derision.

Carry on... it amuses me at least, and I assume it amuses you as well. That's all good.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
JL2
JL2
April 6th, 2011 at 1:37:49 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

No, Chuckles, it's poor follow through, and you seem to be one of those poor confused souls who has to have the last word and fails to follow through on his own words with some flailing excuse and post-hoc explanations.

"My last word on this issue" would be read by most people as being.. well their last word on the topic under discussion. Your big on reading comprehension, but you should also try some writing comprehension.

But yet, you poor confused man, continue to keep writing and flailing and becoming a sweet object of derision.

Carry on... it amuses me at least, and I assume it amuses you as well. That's all good.

How entertaining.....watching one after the other coming to the rescue of MathE (and now, of even someone called rxwine) as he continually exhibited his fear of meeting Mr. singer! But how utterly sad....to see how you felt the need to dither & dally when the high road would have been to let sleeping giants lie.
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
April 6th, 2011 at 1:43:30 PM permalink

when the high road would have been to let sleeping giants lie.

The "giant" being you? (just making sure ...) Are you using that term in the same sense as Newton did when he called himself nanos gigantium humeris insidentes?
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 6th, 2011 at 1:49:16 PM permalink
I like poking giant trolls.

"Dither and dally" about what, bub? You make less sense with each passing post.

Sure sign of a poor fool whose mistakes just compound until his natural fear of being irrelevant even in the smallest community is exposed.

He creates a straw man, out of half grown grass, and keeps attacking it, but when Sancho Panza tells Don Quixote it's not even a windmill he's tiliting at, he just has to tell everyone that THEY are the deluded ones, and the the conspiracy is EVERYONE else. And everyone else is involved in group thinking... but the hero, the poor Don Quixote sees the truth in this straw man. And he'll keep riding at it, long after his donkey has dropped dead from exhaustion, the crowd has gone home and the sun is set. A few hours later, Don will walk back and say "see, I slew that giant, shame you weren't there to see it, but you all left".

The lack of interest in the bar is further sign to the poor, sun-addled mind of our hero that the world is mad, and he is the only sane one left.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Nareed
Nareed
April 6th, 2011 at 2:05:57 PM permalink
If this were a parable, Singer and Logan would be the con men, and JL2 would be the one beating up the child who pronounced the emperor to be naked.
JL2
JL2
April 6th, 2011 at 2:27:32 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

If this were a parable, Singer and Logan would be the con men, and JL2 would be the one beating up the child who pronounced the emperor to be naked.

And you might have 20 pesos left in your "purse" to have a life with.
JL2
JL2
April 6th, 2011 at 2:28:31 PM permalink

I like poking giant trolls.

"Dither and dally" about what, bub? You make less sense with each passing post.

Sure sign of a poor fool whose mistakes just compound until his natural fear of being irrelevant even in the smallest community is exposed.

He creates a straw man, out of half grown grass, and keeps attacking it, but when Sancho Panza tells Don Quixote it's not even a windmill he's tiliting at, he just has to tell everyone that THEY are the deluded ones, and the the conspiracy is EVERYONE else. And everyone else is involved in group thinking... but the hero, the poor Don Quixote sees the truth in this straw man. And he'll keep riding at it, long after his donkey has dropped dead from exhaustion, the crowd has gone home and the sun is set. A few hours later, Don will walk back and say "see, I slew that giant, shame you weren't there to see it, but you all left".

The lack of interest in the bar is further sign to the poor, sun-addled mind of our hero that the world is mad, and he is the only sane one left.

If that only made sense....BUT
I guess my reply is having its desired affect!
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 6th, 2011 at 4:11:11 PM permalink

If that only made sense....BUT
I guess my reply is having its desired affect!

Yep, you are very affected.

I thought you were hot on reading comprehension. Back to school, Bubba.
JL2
JL2
April 6th, 2011 at 4:40:36 PM permalink

Yep, you are very affected.

I thought you were hot on reading comprehension. Back to school, Bubba.

Please keep displaying your weaknesses. It's so thrilling!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 6th, 2011 at 4:44:48 PM permalink

Why doesn't somebody lock this thread? It has to be the stupidest discussion we've ever had on this forum.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
JL2
JL2
April 6th, 2011 at 5:39:32 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Why doesn't somebody lock this thread? It has to be the stupidest discussion we've ever had on this forum.

I'll have to agree with that. But do you think the other 15 will?
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 6th, 2011 at 7:13:29 PM permalink

I am but here to be your humble jester, to prance and tumble for the pleasure of the masses.

What's your excuse?
JL2
JL2
April 6th, 2011 at 8:07:35 PM permalink

I am but here to be your humble jester, to prance and tumble for the pleasure of the masses.

What's your excuse?

For I am without excuse. (psst: talk to MathE about that one)
  • Jump to: