HOTROLLSTUDENT
HOTROLLSTUDENT
  • Threads: 1
April 12th, 2021 at 1:22:10 PM permalink
Hello Everyone:

This is my first post on the forum, therefore, I am sorry if this sounds like a dumb question or problem.

I have been playing videopoker for some time , about three years.

My favorite game is Hot Roll videopoker. I like playing ten hands. I trained myself on the software -so my strategy is very good.

I usually play Hot Roll Video Poker , ten hands 5 cent 10 cent and 25 cent denomination. The game of choice is 8/5 double double bonus or 9/5 for 25cent denomination. This is all we have here in Boston. each bet is $5.00 ; $10.00; and $25.00 respectively.

The question is : what is the bankroll requirement for each of these denominations to have a %1.00 ; %5.00 risk of ruin.

Also is it possible to make any money at these games or are they practically unbeatable? Is it possible to make between $25 or 40K a year playing this game . what amount of bankroll is required for this?

Thank you in advance for your patience! And thank you for the posts -I have learnt a lot.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
April 12th, 2021 at 2:57:45 PM permalink
My 2 Cents:

What exact 9-5 game are you playing ? DDB ? I don't know exactly what the rules variations are for "Hot Roll VP".

Anyhowz, of course you can make some money short-term. And for Entertainment, it may be worth it to you even if you lose.

If you are playing regular 9-5 DDB, long term you will lose a little more than 2 cents for every $ 1 you wager (2.5 cents when playing 5 x 25 cents denom). That's good compared to a Slot Machine. Not good to the best game you will find in Vegas or other places.

Have you seen the WizardofOdds.com website. It is truly a WEALTH of information.

Last edited by: JohnnyQ on Apr 12, 2021
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
April 12th, 2021 at 3:11:39 PM permalink
You'll need 3 Royals in the space of 1 to beat the House Edge.
HOTROLLSTUDENT
HOTROLLSTUDENT
April 12th, 2021 at 4:15:25 PM permalink
Thank you, Johnny! Good to know@! I like the multiplier feature in this game - so I thought it can be a leverage in the short run!
HOTROLLSTUDENT
HOTROLLSTUDENT
April 12th, 2021 at 4:16:20 PM permalink
Thank you, Chump! This is even if I play ten hands ?
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
April 12th, 2021 at 4:16:47 PM permalink
Quote: HOTROLLSTUDENT

Thank you, Johnny! Good to know@! I like the multiplier feature in this game - so I thought it can be a leverage in the short run!

I am not familiar with the advantages/disadvantages of that feature. I stick with the Keep It Simple approach.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
djtehch34t
djtehch34t
  • Threads: 2
April 12th, 2021 at 4:32:50 PM permalink
Neither playing 10 hands nor the Hot Roll multiplier feature change the return for a given pay table (see the Wizard's page on Hot Roll).
HOTROLLSTUDENT
HOTROLLSTUDENT
April 12th, 2021 at 4:37:30 PM permalink
Thank you, DJ! Does Wizard page have a formula for my situation-so it would be possible to calculate the bankroll to play this comfortably and make money? If you know of it and could direct me-I would appreciate it! Or, if some one could be hired as a consultant to assist me with it-I will be happy as well.

Thank you for the help again!
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
HOTROLLSTUDENT
April 12th, 2021 at 4:54:13 PM permalink
Quote: HOTROLLSTUDENT

Thank you, DJ! Does Wizard page have a formula for my situation-so it would be possible to calculate the bankroll to play this comfortably and make money? If you know of it and could direct me-I would appreciate it! Or, if some one could be hired as a consultant to assist me with it-I will be happy as well.

Thank you for the help again!

None of the pay tables are over 100% so you won’t make money in the long run. You’ll lose.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
HOTROLLSTUDENT
HOTROLLSTUDENT
April 12th, 2021 at 4:58:34 PM permalink
thank you, Jon! What about six months period? 3 month period!
RisingDough
RisingDough
  • Threads: 8
April 12th, 2021 at 7:45:50 PM permalink
You either have an advantage or you don't. If you DO you can make money long term, if you DON'T you will lose money long term. In the short run anything can happen. If you play perfect strategy and combine with a good slot club and/or promotions sometimes you can turn a negative game into a positive game.

RD
What is life if not a gamble?
  • Jump to: