2 votes (66.66%)
1 vote (33.33%)
No votes (0%)

3 members have voted

RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
October 24th, 2017 at 5:31:33 PM permalink
I've been back and forth on this question and would really like feedback from the video poker player community. We've finished the new video poker game for MultiDraw and we are now looking at applying that game into the multi-hand format.

If you want to read more about the game and play the demo, I've posted links to the original forum discussion for the game and the links to the demos below.

My main question is which option would you prefer. Option A would use the main hand as the only place a MD card could appear and if it does, the rewards for the MD card would be applied to all the other hands. (Don't pay attention to the same cards appearing in the picture in Option A, we just used the same cards to show the look of the game).

Option B would allow each hand to be independent of each other. The MD card could appear in any open spot in any hand. An example would be the player could get a MD card in the main hand, nothing in the second hand, and another MD card in third hand. Each hand would determine it's own reward for the MD card. (Once again, the cards in Option B are just used to show concept and would not necessarily be the same).

Both examples are shown in the picture.

Here is the original post and discussion for the game:
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/video-poker/29531-multidraw-demo-looking-for-vp-feedback/

Here are the links for all three playable demos:

version 1: http://realizegamingllc.com/demo/mdPoker/

version 2: http://realizegamingllc.com/demo/mdPoker99

version 3: http://realizegamingllc.com/demo/mdPoker10x
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
October 24th, 2017 at 7:11:10 PM permalink
Definitely option A. Option B would slow the game down too much and you don't want players expecting bonus cards every hand because it dilutes the perceived value of the feature. Super Times poker was successful, Good Times Pay poker was not.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
VladAlex1
VladAlex1
  • Threads: 23
October 24th, 2017 at 8:58:47 PM permalink
Option A

If we have MD card on the main hand at the bottom, do you want to apply the same MD cards to the Upper hands (as it shown on picture) or upper hands cards could be different for the each hand?
I’d rather have to be a lucky player than good one.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
October 25th, 2017 at 7:02:47 AM permalink
Option A for my vote.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
October 25th, 2017 at 9:53:42 AM permalink
Doubt I would ever play any of the versions to be honest
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
October 25th, 2017 at 4:05:31 PM permalink
Thanks so much for everyone's feedback. I'm warming up to the first option because it seems to produce a "clean" game. I've updated the picture to show what a game outcome may produce using Option A.

RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
October 25th, 2017 at 4:06:49 PM permalink
Quote: VladAlex1

Option A

If we have MD card on the main hand at the bottom, do you want to apply the same MD cards to the Upper hands (as it shown on picture) or upper hands cards could be different for the each hand?

Definitely would want different cards for each outcome in the three hands.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
October 25th, 2017 at 4:08:17 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Doubt I would ever play any of the versions to be honest

I appreciate your honesty Wizardofnothing. Is there anything in particular you don't like about the game that could be changed to help pull you in?
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
October 27th, 2017 at 9:55:03 PM permalink
I'm going to be a contrian here.

The only thing that makes this game different than any other multi hand game is that it it lets you take advantage of the draw AND the deal. Option A pushes the value back to the draw. More traditional for sure.

But...

I think option B is going to pull in all the triple double bonus & bonus deuces players and make a good high variance but low covariance game. Pair option B with a payable that lets the player choose a 10 or a 15 coin per line bet to pump up the MD and I'd bet you get players. Maybe a 10 coin gets you multiple draws and 15 gets you multiple draws with multipliers.... Or vice versa.

The main objection of the others is speed, but if you can get 15 per line, that can offset a slower game. Think ultimate Texas Holden vs 3 card poker.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
Thanked by
VladAlex1
October 28th, 2017 at 9:40:36 AM permalink
Quote: prozema

I'm going to be a contrian here.

The only thing that makes this game different than any other multi hand game is that it it lets you take advantage of the draw AND the deal. Option A pushes the value back to the draw. More traditional for sure.

But...

I think option B is going to pull in all the triple double bonus & bonus deuces players and make a good high variance but low covariance game. Pair option B with a payable that lets the player choose a 10 or a 15 coin per line bet to pump up the MD and I'd bet you get players. Maybe a 10 coin gets you multiple draws and 15 gets you multiple draws with multipliers.... Or vice versa.

The main objection of the others is speed, but if you can get 15 per line, that can offset a slower game. Think ultimate Texas Holden vs 3 card poker.

Great feedback Prozema!

We are looking at three possible ways to play the game in a multi-hand format right now.

1. MD card comes up on the deal and the same MD card and multipliers are used for all the other hands in the same exact location.

2. MD card comes up on the deal and the MD card appears in the same location in the other hands. The MD card may have different values (number of extra cards and multipliers may be different in each hand).

3. MD card comes up on the deal and may contain any number of extra cards and multipliers, but it may show up in and random open card position. This allows for a possible MD card +3 x2 in the bottom hand, maybe no MD card in the second hand, and another MD card +2 x5 in the top hand. Once again each of the three hands would be independent of each other.

It seems like most multi-hand video poker players would like the action and excitement of the third option. I don't think the reveal of the cards would slow the game down and if anything I think it would add to the excitement of the game.

I also like the idea of paying up for the MD card although we haven't explored that option too much yet. I like the player paying for "possibility" of the MD card....similar to Super Times Pay.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
Thanked by
VladAlex1
November 2nd, 2017 at 4:11:06 PM permalink
We are still working on the 3 hand version of MultiDraw which should be available to play in about a month or so, but in the meantime, we do have some very early screenshots of the game.

You can still play the finished version of the single hand game at: http://realizegamingllc.com/demo/mdPoker10x/

VladAlex1
VladAlex1
  • Threads: 23
November 8th, 2017 at 4:35:00 PM permalink
My understanding :
Player may get & play up to nine (9) hands via 3 initial hands
3 initial hands x 3 multi-draw cards on each hand =9 final hands
Am I miss something?
I’d rather have to be a lucky player than good one.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
November 14th, 2017 at 2:31:52 PM permalink
Quote: VladAlex1

My understanding :
Player may get & play up to nine (9) hands via 3 initial hands
3 initial hands x 3 multi-draw cards on each hand =9 final hands
Am I miss something?

The player can get up to 9 total hands in a current build of the game we are working on, however, that all depends on the award that the MD card provides to the player and whether or not the MD card actually appears in each hand. For the multi-hand game, we are providing an additional 2 or 3 cards when the MD card appears plus a random multiplier.

We should have a working multi-hand version of the game shortly.
  • Jump to: