JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
July 5th, 2013 at 11:01:40 PM permalink
I also played the UTH machine at the trop and I highly recommend it. I will probably give the table game another try durring my next trip, but while it lasts I prefer the machine.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
July 6th, 2013 at 5:34:48 PM permalink
I like this game but I get the feeling it's skinning the sheep too much with the 4x and 3x raise PF. Most gamblers want a $5-10 shake at a round (BJ, craps, etc) and it's too much to wager in a round, unless it's the $3 ante + bonus + $1 trips at the Trop machine.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
July 6th, 2013 at 5:43:31 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

I like this game but I get the feeling it's skinning the sheep too much with the 4x and 3x raise PF. Most gamblers want a $5-10 shake at a round (BJ, craps, etc) and it's too much to wager in a round, unless it's the $3 ante + bonus + $1 trips at the Trop machine.

Eh, I personally fall into this category since I am poor, but I think there are many players that are okay with a $5 ante. Especially if they are people playing sub-optimally and checking all but the most premium hands.
UTHfan
UTHfan
  • Threads: 17
July 11th, 2013 at 1:35:15 PM permalink
That's the thing with the video tables, not only can they disrupt collusion by giving everyone their own deck, the randomizer is also constantly spinning, meaning that your great play is more dependent on when you press a button than anything else. At least with a real deck, the cards are settled. But who knows, the SHFL tables probably keep spinning the deck as well.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
July 11th, 2013 at 4:51:24 PM permalink
Quote: UTHfan

But who knows, the SHFL tables probably keep spinning the deck as well.

Likely, but if it is programmed appropriately, it makes no difference in the long run. I definitely pressed the buttons at the wrong time while playing video poker today...lol
  • Jump to: