offTopic
offTopic
Joined: Dec 6, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 44
August 19th, 2018 at 7:06:42 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

I still have not witnessed a player playing perfect or close to perfect strategy besides myself. I've actually had the entire table turn their hand over and I told them what to do, everyone won. It's a huge edge when you get to see what cards has has been dealt. But I stop doing that, actually casino told me to refrain helping the entire table. Advice is still allowed based on individual inquire. Some guy was betting $60 a hand and was dealt pocket 9's. He was going to check it and I told him it's a 4X bet. He took my advice and put out $240. The board was A-A-J-J-5, oops! LOL,,, his 9 high was good!

This is why I wish I could bank this game, players are horrible. They have no clue playing heads up poker. I still have to tweak my betting range. Flat betting every hand doesn't accomplish much, I'm still experimenting when I need to keep pressing. I do not play trips!



Be careful what you wish for - player banking is allowed in California and about 5 years ago I saw a guy banking the one UTH table they had in the casino. He had to sit with enough chips in front of him to fade all the potential payouts (this place also has the 10,000-1 two-way bad beat) and ended up getting robbed at gunpoint as he was returning to his hotel.

https://abc7news.com/archive/9361560/
Commish
Commish
Joined: Jan 5, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 88
Thanks for this post from:
Joeman98Clubs
August 20th, 2018 at 8:21:41 PM permalink
A few comments here. There are only 2 times when you should bet 3x. First is when that is all the chips you have left and the second is never. The blind bet is a 31% loser and the ante is 16%. You need to bet 4x often to make up the difference.
Several casinos have told me your average wager is the ante, the blind and the trips bet added together.
If you are playing good strategy why would you ever make a second wager (trips) that was not as good as your first?
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 78
  • Posts: 845
August 20th, 2018 at 8:45:15 PM permalink
Quote: offTopic

Be careful what you wish for - player banking is allowed in California and about 5 years ago I saw a guy banking the one UTH table they had in the casino. He had to sit with enough chips in front of him to fade all the potential payouts (this place also has the 10,000-1 two-way bad beat) and ended up getting robbed at gunpoint as he was returning to his hotel.

https://abc7news.com/archive/9361560/



That's California, the worst of the worst when it comes to the US. That's another country as far as I'm concerned.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1423
  • Posts: 24364
August 20th, 2018 at 8:53:21 PM permalink
For much the same reason you never double for less in blackjack, you never make a 3x raise. Go the full 4x or check.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
98Clubs
98Clubs
Joined: Jun 3, 2010
  • Threads: 52
  • Posts: 1728
August 23rd, 2018 at 3:14:56 PM permalink
I've been reading other threaads about UTH, and see that there is the "Play Bet Required" scam by some Houses.

IMHO such scams are a violation of liscense, as is the "1 or 2 card from the hand" requirement (not yet seen by me, but heresay from others) that has/will take its place. /MHO

98
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14234
August 23rd, 2018 at 4:44:56 PM permalink
Quote: 98Clubs

I've been reading other threaads about UTH, and see that there is the "Play Bet Required" scam by some Houses.

IMHO such scams are a violation of liscense, as is the "1 or 2 card from the hand" requirement (not yet seen by me, but heresay from others) that has/will take its place. /MHO

98



I agree it's a scam, and so does SHFL, the distributor, last I heard. The Trips bet stands alone, except you have to bet the ante/blind to bet it optionally. But it has its own house edge and there's no excuse beyond pumping up the HE of the main game thru greed.

You should be able to fold your main hand and win the trips separately when it's on the board. I only know one place I play that does that (require the Play bet to collect Trips).
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Aug 24, 2018
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Commish
Commish
Joined: Jan 5, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 88
August 23rd, 2018 at 10:06:05 PM permalink
I have played UTH in dozens of casinos all over the world for the last 9 1/2 years. I have only seen one place as well where you had to stay in the hand in order to cash n the trips. I think it was on a cruise ship. Everywhere else it was a completely separate wager and you could fold the hand and collect the trips. The trips bet still remains as a lesser bet than the hand itself which is why I have never made a trips bet.
jmills
jmills
Joined: Sep 16, 2014
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 111
October 5th, 2018 at 3:31:30 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The Trips bet stands alone, except you have to bet the ante/blind to bet it optionally. But it has its own house edge and there's no excuse beyond pumping up the HE of the main game thru greed.

You should be able to fold your main hand and win the trips separately when it's on the board. I only know one place I play that does that (require the Play bet to collect Trips).



I did play somewhere recently where you could just make the trips bet, like only betting pair plus in 3CP.
Deucekies
Deucekies
Joined: Jan 20, 2014
  • Threads: 52
  • Posts: 1334
October 6th, 2018 at 1:30:50 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs



You should be able to fold your main hand and win the trips separately when it's on the board. I only know one place I play that does that (require the Play bet to collect Trips).



Where I used to work, we allowed you to fold and collect trips if it was on the board, but if one of your cards played for it, you had to call to get it. Funny thing is if one of your cards plays, mathematically you should be calling anyway.
Casinos are not your friends, they want your money. But so does Disneyland. And there is no chance in hell that you will go to Disneyland and come back with more money than you went with. - AxelWolf and Mickeycrimm
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14234
October 6th, 2018 at 8:53:25 AM permalink
Quote: Deucekies

Where I used to work, we allowed you to fold and collect trips if it was on the board, but if one of your cards played for it, you had to call to get it. Funny thing is if one of your cards plays, mathematically you should be calling anyway.



Yeah, I would say that's a weird rule. Like if the board has trips Qs with a 5 2 ,and you have a 6 4, you should fold, even though the 6 plays. The dealer is going to win that hand 99+% of the time. Can't imagine not being paid if you didn't declare the 6. Cards talk.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

  • Jump to: