beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
June 13th, 2017 at 2:34:48 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Babs, did the Discard Inferno inventor tell you what the HE is for this game, and are you free to tell us? A friend and I are de-bugging a calculation of HE and I would not want to post a HE result that is unflattering, (i.e., too large) only to find out later that it is wrong.

Please see PM in reply to yours about this. Making progress on proprietary info (so no public comment from me atm). Thanks.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 978
Thanks for this post from:
charliepatrick
June 13th, 2017 at 3:20:42 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Can the Wizard please contact Shufflemaster/SG Gaming and get a rules statement and/or math report on this game? And please don't play secret squirrel with that info until you have something to post on WOO - Charlie and I have both done a lot of work on what I suspect are the wrong set of rules. If you know we have been wasting our time analyzing the wrong game rules, please intervene and say something.

I already did that but have yet to receive anything. Personally, I don't even know the rules of the game at this point, so will stay out of this until I have something meaningful to add.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
June 13th, 2017 at 4:03:12 PM permalink
After the above post, I nagged SG again for the math report and they quickly sent it.

Based on my reading of the report by Daniel Dale, the dealer starts with seven cards and keeps discarding 9's and higher until he gets to an 8 or less or has only one card left. So, the dealer could end up with anywhere from 1 to 7 cards.

In the event of a tie and the dealer has four or less cards, the tie shall go to the player. For example, if the player has JJ852 and the dealer has JJ85, the player would win.

The math report says the house edge is 1.60%, relative to one unit.
Last edited by: Wizard on Jun 13, 2017
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 206
June 13th, 2017 at 6:00:24 PM permalink
Odd that the rules or procedures don't mention the dealer receiving 7 cards. It also doesn't specify that Aces are always high for discard purposes. Is this assumed?
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed. - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
June 13th, 2017 at 8:42:00 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Odd that the rules or procedures don't mention the dealer receiving 7 cards. It also doesn't specify that Aces are always high for discard purposes. Is this assumed?

Good question. Daniel's report doesn't say how aces are treated. Since they are usually counted as high, I would assume they are higher than a 9, but I could be wrong on that one.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
June 14th, 2017 at 1:32:36 AM permalink
Aces are always high.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
June 14th, 2017 at 7:30:16 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Aces are always high.

For discard purposes.

An ace can be used as a low card in a straight.
I heart Crystal Math.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
June 14th, 2017 at 7:47:49 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Aces are always high.

Do you mean for discard purposes only? Or are you saying A-2-3-4-5 is not a straight in this game? If so, I don't see any mention of that rule in Daniel Dale's report.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
June 14th, 2017 at 8:18:41 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Do you mean for discard purposes only? Or are you saying A-2-3-4-5 is not a straight in this game? If so, I don't see any mention of that rule in Daniel Dale's report.

You may have missed my post. The ace is high for discard purposes, but can be used in a A2345 straight.
I heart Crystal Math.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
June 14th, 2017 at 8:32:10 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

You may have missed my post. The ace is high for discard purposes, but can be used in a A2345 straight.

Thanks. However, I think I can be forgiven as BBB said aces are ALWAYS high. Always does mean always.

• Jump to: