1 vote (5.88%)
2 votes (11.76%)

17 members have voted

DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 164
May 20th, 2017 at 8:29:35 PM permalink
Quote: UCivan

"Hit It Again" is a great name. You should consider trademarking it.

Not interested. But even if I were, don't you actually have to USE a trademark in order to protect it?

On an unrelated note, I often wonder how an animal would react if they knew what their name was. On the other hand, I recently thought up a great name for a race horse: The Fix Is In.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
RoyalBJ
RoyalBJ
  • Threads: 33
May 20th, 2017 at 8:49:56 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Not interested. But even if I were, don't you actually have to USE a trademark in order to protect it?

On an unrelated note, I often wonder how an animal would react if they knew what their name was. On the other hand, I recently thought up a great name for a race horse: The Fix Is In.

u can trademark it before a commercial use. U can also sell it, like a domain name.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 132
May 20th, 2017 at 9:43:21 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I agree 100%. I love beets and will order a beet salad every chance I get.

On a related topic, I don't get why Americans are so big on lettuce salads. Have you ever tried eating straight lettuce? It doesn't taste like anything. Sure, the texture in your mouth feels like any crunchy but the taste is almost a big zero. I think what people really like is all the fattening stuff they put on the salad.

That's common sense but also common sense being wrong. The nutrients in lettuce and vegetables are fat soluble, the fat is necessary to digest your meal. Americans also do not get enough fiber in their diets, especially our youth, who will pay with lower life expectancy. You're the actuary, so what do I know. I think you should eat a big salad with zero fat, do ten push-ups and make sure your kids dont believe that about salad.

Personally, the days I eat a salad with dinner, I feel so much better, have better energy, and think clearer, for hours. Salads lost favor in our household as I got older, always noticed feeling better when I was at my grandmother's( lived well past 100), but still couldn't change our routine getting home. I wasn't the grocery shopper, now realize things changed when the head grocery shopper changed in our household. If the main person cooking, or the main shopper doesn't like something, it's not being bought. Doesn't matter what they agree to, or agree is a good idea, they might not do what they say they will repeatedly. I think it cost my mother years of her life, gaining weight becoming a diabetic. Hunger and appetite grows for food when you're not eating a balanced diet, the body is begging for nutrition.

I think part of the avoidance is ecoli outbreaks that kill, I think we get scared to eat raw food.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 978
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
May 21st, 2017 at 7:25:09 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

That's common sense but also common sense being wrong. The nutrients in lettuce and vegetables are fat soluble, the fat is necessary to digest your meal. Americans also do not get enough fiber in their diets, especially our youth, who will pay with lower life expectancy. You're the actuary, so what do I know. I think you should eat a big salad with zero fat, do ten push-ups and make sure your kids dont believe that about salad.

Thanks, I didn't know that.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
vox
vox
  • Threads: 2
May 27th, 2017 at 5:32:37 PM permalink
Since you asked:

Eggs often have salmonella on them, and in the US they are washed before being sold. However, washing them also washes off a natural protection on the egg that helps to prevent bacteria from penetrating the shell, so refrigerating them is a good idea in the States.

Pretty sure I got that right. The topic was recently addressed on a public radio show, one of the cooking shows, I believe.

• Jump to: