YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
  • Threads: 7
March 13th, 2012 at 10:21:53 PM permalink
This thread is dedicated to the teams that must go back home and start practicing for the fall in the NCAA Men's Tournament. The Big Dance. Post your reactions to the wins and losses here.

03/13/2012

Happy Trails to Miss. Valley State. MY OH MY, what a game. You had the lead with 4:54 left and just started turning the ball over like West Kentucky was doing in the beginning of the game. Sloppy passes and bad dribbles led to consistent finishes in transition for West Kentucky. W. Kentucky was able to pull it to within 1 with less than a minute to go and was up by 3-4 for the last half minute even after missing several free throws. A come from behind win to remember for sure.

Happy Trails Iona. BYU had some luck to come back here being down 10 with 12 minutes to go. I didn't get to watch the game but watched the gamecast. Wow.

Tough times ahead for both W. Kentucky and BYU as they progress to the next round to face Kentucky and Marquette respectively!
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
March 14th, 2012 at 6:31:01 PM permalink
03/14/2012

Happy Trails to Lamar. Good to see this school represent in the Big Dance but Vermont will steam right along after a 71-59 victory here to meet the tough offense of UNC. Best of luck! Will this year be THE YEAR?

And Happy Trails to California. You played well in the first half but absolutely fell apart in the second half. The Curse of the Huskies fell upon you as the committee snuffed the UW Dawgs and took the shaky Cal team instead. This proved it as a surging SFU team blasted through to complete the Field of 64. Good luck SFU!

The real action starts tomorrow folks!!!
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
March 14th, 2012 at 10:05:29 PM permalink
I'll be watching all the games tomorrow and updating you guys if you wish to follow the post game action here.

If you'd like to follow my commentary on the games you can follow me on twitter @diamondgolf Send me a message!!

Cheers!
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
March 15th, 2012 at 11:53:14 AM permalink
03/15/2012

Happy trails to Colorado State. Murray St was just too much for you.

Happy trails to Southern Miss.. You missed 6 consecutive three point attempts in the last couple of minutes. You got out-rebounded by Kansas St.

Happy Trails to Davidson. Louisville was just too much for you offensively. Louisville is used to grinding a win out against tough teams, which you weren't because you couldn't hit a 3 to save your life. You finally hit one at 8:30 left in the 2nd half after not hitting one since early in the first half. Too little. Too late. Good luck Louisville!

Better luck next year to Montana. You made a good showing but couldn't compete with the pedigree of Wisconsin and got blown out.

Goodbye to BYU. Your weird strategy to get behind and make room for a comeback didn't work against Marquette. They were too much of an inside presence. Too physical for you and you just couldn't hit enough from outside the post and outside the 3 point line

Happy Trails to UNC Asheville . The officials were a little one sided on some of the baby bump calls under the basket for the Orange. Probably the only reason they escaped. But they are going to have a tough next game if they can't even handle the pressure of a 16 seed. Syracuse advances even though they got all the freaking help they could've imagined with the worst calls I've ever seen. These officials need to be investigated for gambling on the Orange. OK maybe not. But still very sad to see obvious calls completely ignored. Karma will come back to bite Syracuse.

Time to sit down and watch the rest of the tourney Long Beach State. What a great game to watch!!!! Most evenly matched game so far in my opinion. Good luck to the New Mexico Lobos. You were able to hold off the 49'ers attempt at a good run at the end of the game.

See you next year Harvard. This game was surprisingly loud for an Ivy League game ;). Good game to watch. A little scrappy at times but eventually Vanderbilt was able to hit the inside more consistently despite a decent outside 3 point threat from Harvard. You gave it a very good showing in the last 5 minutes to try for a comeback.

Happy Trails Western Kentucky The first half was exciting to watch. WKU kept it close 16-12 Kentucky on top at 12:30. And then.....things kinda fell apart. But Kentucky didn't cover the 25 point spread. So if you bet $1,000 on WKU, you just won $909 or so. Good luck Kentucky!
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
March 15th, 2012 at 4:15:47 PM permalink
Anyone Watching the WKU/Kentucky game???
duckmankilla
duckmankilla
  • Threads: 15
March 15th, 2012 at 4:37:28 PM permalink
Yup. WKU putting up a fight. Impressive to see them come back early after being down 10-0 to start the game. A friend of mine is a WKU alumni so I'm rooting for them even if it would destroy my bracket.
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
March 15th, 2012 at 6:25:18 PM permalink
3/15/2012 Night Games

Happy Trails Wichita St. Lots of people had VCU easily upsetting Wichita St. here, myself being one of them. Exciting game to watch when it came down to the last six minutes. UNREAL FINISH. VCU was able to pull it off!!!!!

Happy Trails WVU. Gonzaga's offensive set was way too much for you to handle. Better luck next year! GO ZAGS!

Happy Trails South Dakota St. South Dakota made 8 unanswered points to start the game. Baylor's consistent machine took a little bit to jumpstart, but once it did, it was pretty formidable. The ending was a bit of a nail biter. But Baylor was able to get key possessions to turn in their favor in the final minute thanks to some shots inside and a nice shot by Heslip.

See ya later UCONN, I'm sick of seeing you in the tourney anyway.

Keep your head up New Mexico St.. Only watched a bit of this game, not that exciting.

May the Road Come up to Meet You Loyola(MD) Another abnormally close game for the first half for the top seed. But just as usual, the 15 falls.

Happy Trails UNLV Gotta go eat dinner, catch this while eating, But Dang I hope my RUNNING REBELS advance! Man watched this while eating and was devastated as the 2nd half started ticking minutes off. UNLV made one helluva run to get back within 3 with 3 minutes left or so but Colorado fired back to make it a 5 point game with 2:30 left. But in the end Colorado was able to pull off the upset. Dang! But I still like seeing upsets even if it hurts my bracket.
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
March 15th, 2012 at 9:45:39 PM permalink
So how are everyone's brackets doing after Day 1??? Mine is hurting from UNLV losing and Murray State pulling through. The bracket on the pool for this site is doing pretty good for now. Tomorrow will settle some more action though!
duckmankilla
duckmankilla
March 15th, 2012 at 10:09:34 PM permalink
my non-wizard bracket is doing better than this one, but I don't have anyone in the 2nd round out here yet so that's good news. UNLV hurt me in my other bracket as I had them advancing past Baylor, but other than that, not too bad. My gut said to go against UCONN, but I gave them the win and was hoping for a mini Cinderella story out of Harvard, but that didn't come through either. Not a bad 1st day and lets hope tomorrow is a 16/16 day.
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
March 16th, 2012 at 1:14:12 PM permalink
Same here with Harvard....
YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
March 16th, 2012 at 1:17:47 PM permalink
03/16/2012

Happy Trails Alabama. You lost by ONE point! MY OH MY. You had a shot at the three but just couldn't pull it off. Would have rather seen a screen pass into the post for the win. When you don't need a three, don't force the three. Great game.

Happy Trails Virginia. The smug Billy Donovan and the Gators were just too much to handle.

Good try St. Bonaventure. You almost took down Florida State. Good show to watch but you made an idiotic last shot attempt in the middle post rather than shooting up a 3 for the tie to push to OT. Your costly mistake sends you back home.

Happy Trails Belmont. The Hoyas were too strong down the line. Best of luck to Georgetown!

Happy Trails Missouri. WHAT AN UPSET!!!! MY OH MY. Norfolk State pulls off the upset and boy are those kids excited. This is only the fifth time a 15 seed has upset a 2 seed and the last time this happened was in 2001.

Happy Trails Texas. Good thing too, I have Cincy winning it all!!

Happy Trails San Diego St.. A good game. Good to see the Wolfpack keep up their mojo. I have them in the Final Four on multiple brackets.

Happy Trails Vermont. You made it an interesting first half. But the inside pressure and tempo of UNC made you sweat and sent you packing.

Happy Trails Memphis. Technically, an upset, but some people had you losing. Good luck Saint Louis. Good to see some depth in the field of 64 this year. Love seeing new teams rather than just UCONN, Memphis, etc, etc, every stinkin year.

Happy Trails Michigan. I didn't even watch your game. That's how much I don't care. Good luck Ohio!

Keep your head up St. Mary's. You put up an impressive fight and a lot of people had you going to the Sweet 16 this year. But a lot of people also had Purdue for the easy upset. Only one other Washington State team in the tourney. Go Gonzaga! And Good luck Purdue!

Better luck next year Duke. Didn't think I would be writing this so soon. Two #2's upset in ONE day??? Wow. What are the odds of that? Good job Lehigh!
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
March 16th, 2012 at 10:40:42 PM permalink
Couldn't be happier... UCONN and DUKE get nuked. Looks like its Tar Heels baby!
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
duckmankilla
duckmankilla
March 16th, 2012 at 10:44:25 PM permalink
Crazy games today. Despite having Duke as nearly everyone else in the world did, I'm glad to see Lehigh win. It may lose me my other pool but being from Western NJ about a 45 minute drive from Bethlehem where Lehigh is located, this is pretty big news in the area right now. Similar to when Bucknell won a few years ago as a 14 seed. Congrats to Lehigh and Norfolk State. Hope they can continue their respective runs into the sweet 16.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
March 17th, 2012 at 5:48:04 AM permalink
Hey Yo;
It's not SFU, it's USF. Whooped them Owls. Sweet 16 with 3 FL teams entirely possible.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 17th, 2012 at 6:15:18 AM permalink
I know a lot of people love to hate Duke (I can be counted in that club...I RESPECT them immensely; I don't LIKE them at all...) and I didn't expect them to survive the first three games, but it was a shocker to see them and Mizzou out in the first round. That is why they play the games!!
  • Jump to: