Thread Rating:

mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
January 17th, 2011 at 8:10:26 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Oh, I don't know. I think you and Jerry Logan are both equally disdainful of everyone else here, in your own ways. I don't think you are capable of saying a kind word to anyone here on this forum. Which is kind of sad, seeing as how just about everyone here thought you were pretty OK at one time. I know I did. But you've said several times that you didn't really care whether or not anyone liked you here, and then you backed that up with what you wrote: witness the "should Jerry Logan be banned" poll, where the majority of voters wanted you both gone. You reap what you sow; it didn't just happen out of nowhere.

I would accept your statements as at least being representative of your honest attitude, except for the repetition of Nareed's nonsensical and stupid remark about my "not being able to say a kind word, blah blah". Arguments from worthless premises are themselves worthless.

I don't recall saying "several times" that I didn't care whether anyone liked me here, but I may have once or twice--as I recall, it was after receiving a torrent of flaming in respnse to my suggestion that perhaps a basic social safety net for all Americans might be desirable. However, even if I did say that "several times", I'd like to amend that to include only you, Nareed, EvenBob, and Jerry (four birds of the same feather, unfortunately).

And since you not only thought that wasn't a shitty thing to say, but indeed, repeated it, you have absolutely no call---NONE---to say anything about MY tone or attitude. I LOOOOOOOVE hypocritical double standards.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 17th, 2011 at 8:46:32 PM permalink
Don't dish it out if you can't take it. That's all I have to say about that.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 17th, 2011 at 9:06:52 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

I LOOOOOOOVE hypocritical double standards.

I think we've all noticed that.

Anyways, this is playoffs and sports betting. Can't we talk about the real games instead of the meta-gamesyou guys like to play?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 17th, 2011 at 9:14:59 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I think we've all noticed that.

Anyways, this is playoffs and sports betting. Can't we talk about the real games instead of the meta-gamesyou guys like to play?

If you cared so much about that, they why didn't you resist the urge to get in your little dig before asking the question?
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 17th, 2011 at 9:20:11 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Ooops! Gotta leave work now. more on this topic later.

Having thought better of it. I won't post more on this topic. No sense adding fuel to the fire.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
January 18th, 2011 at 5:48:48 AM permalink

I would accept your statements as at least being representative of your honest attitude, except for the repetition of Nareed's nonsensical and stupid remark about my "not being able to say a kind word, blah blah". Arguments from worthless premises are themselves worthless.

I prefaced it with "I don't think"; it is my own opinion. I chose those words. I honestly think you have no empathy for anyone here, and do not think of us as worth your consideration. It is not an argument, it is a statement of what I believe, and your response is exactly what I would have expected. Take it or leave it, I don't care.
A falling knife has no handle.
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 18th, 2011 at 11:03:29 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I prefaced it with "I don't think"; it is my own opinion. I chose those words. I honestly think you have no empathy for anyone here, and do not think of us as worth your consideration. It is not an argument, it is a statement of what I believe, and your response is exactly what I would have expected. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

Wow. You insult someone, then not only defend, but actually repeat that insult, and they react exactly how you would have expected? What superhuman prescience on your part!!!

Why should I have any "empathy" or "consideration" for you, if you do stuff like that?
CrappedOut
CrappedOut
  • Threads: 4
January 18th, 2011 at 4:43:51 PM permalink

I don't recall saying "several times" that I didn't care whether anyone liked me here, but I may have once or twice--as I recall, it was after receiving a torrent of flaming in respnse to my suggestion that perhaps a basic social safety net for all Americans might be desirable. However, even if I did say that "several times", I'd like to amend that to include only you, Nareed, EvenBob, and Jerry (four birds of the same feather, unfortunately).

And since you not only thought that wasn't a shitty thing to say, but indeed, repeated it, you have absolutely no call---NONE---to say anything about MY tone or attitude. I LOOOOOOOVE hypocritical double standards.

JerryLogan needs some company on his month-long vacation.
mkl654321
mkl654321
January 18th, 2011 at 5:26:43 PM permalink
Quote: CrappedOut

JerryLogan needs some company on his month-long vacation.

I appreciate your volunteering, but I don't think you've come all that close to JerryLogan.

Yet.
  • Jump to: