GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
January 19th, 2020 at 3:02:37 PM permalink
Quote: scolist

That was my plan, but it's not looking too promising right now. 8^(

I actually took the opposite if what I thought would happen. Hoping I predicted all 4 correctly
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
scolist
scolist
  • Threads: 0
Mission146
January 19th, 2020 at 4:31:14 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I actually took the opposite if what I thought would happen. Hoping I predicted all 4 correctly

I tried the exact same scenario as you, but I got the first game all wrong.
There's no way out of here When you come in You're in for good There was no promise made The part you played The chance...........you took
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Mission146
January 19th, 2020 at 5:20:15 PM permalink
Quote: scolist

I tried the exact same scenario as you, but I got the first game all wrong.

Looks like I nailed the packers pick. Just need 49ers to stop scoring.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 38
Mission146odiousgambit
January 19th, 2020 at 5:48:40 PM permalink
I notice that miplet and Wizard often make the exact same picks. Fueling the theory that they are really the same person.

Although, looking at their picks this week . . . . ouch!

Edit: Only Romes is in contention to have a perfect week! The O/U on the 49ers win is still in doubt.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
Mission146
January 19th, 2020 at 6:29:06 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I notice that miplet and Wizard often make the exact same picks. Fueling the theory that they are really the same person.

Although, looking at their picks this week . . . . ouch!

Edit: Only Romes is in contention to have a perfect week! The O/U on the 49ers win is still in doubt.

I think if GB closes to within 7 (one more TD) I have a perfect week. Unlikely but not zero.....
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 16
Mission146beachbumbabsprozemagordonm888IndyJeffreyJoemanunJonscolist
January 19th, 2020 at 6:56:45 PM permalink
Current Standings

GenWyzgy
GenWyzgy
  • Threads: 3
Mission146beachbumbabs
January 20th, 2020 at 5:30:42 AM permalink
Quote: GenWyzgy

Since I'm not in the running (and not even part of the contest) I'll just pick what I hope will happen -

49ers -7.5 OVER
Chiefs -7 OVER

I love it when a plan comes together!
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
prozemaMission146
January 20th, 2020 at 1:05:45 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Making Picks:

1.) The Lines for each week will be posted Wednesday/Thursday before the weekend of the games being played. For each game, there shall be a Point Spread and an Over/Under, every player MUST make picks for the Point Spreads and Over/Unders of every game, there are no Confidence Picks.

2.) The winner will be determined by whoever scores the most points, how points are scored is as follows:

Wild Card + Divisional Playoffs: 1 Point for Every Correct Pick (8 Points Per Week)

Conference Championships: 2 Points for Every Correct Pick (8 Possible Points)

Super Bowl: 4 Points for Every Correct Pick (8 Points Possible)

Furthermore, for the Super Bowl, there will be ten questions based on Props that will be worth one point each. Thus, a perfect score will be 42 Points...

When are the Super Bowl props expected to be available?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
EdCollins
EdCollins
Mission146Ayecarumba
January 20th, 2020 at 1:36:26 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

When are the Super Bowl props expected to be available?

For the few who are new to the game, here's the ten prop questions (and answers) we used for this contest two years ago. Ayecarumba got nine of the ten correct. The only one he missed was #4.

1.) Will an equal or lesser number of points be scored in the third quarter as in the first quarter?

---No. 21 Points were scored in the third quarter and 12 in the first quarter.

2.) Will an equal or lesser number of points be scored in the second quarter as in the fourth quarter?

---No. 22 Points were scored in the second quarter compared to 19 in the fourth quarter.

3.) Will the team that calls the toss be correct?

---Yes. The Patriots called it and won.

4.) Will the Patriots score first by way of Touchdown (either defense, offense or ST) or Field Goal? (Eagles scoring first OR Patriots scoring on a Safety would be a, 'No,' for this question)

---No, the Eagles scored first by FG.

5.) Will Tom Brady throw for at least 50 more yards than Nick Foles?

---Yes, Brady threw for 505 and Foles 373.

6.) Will Tom Brady run a QB sneak at least once this game on 2nd&1, 2nd&2, 3rd&1, 3rd&2, 4th&1 or 4th&2?

---No. Brady had only one rush in the game, and it was for six yards on 1st & 10.

7.) If we multiply the points scored in the fourth quarter by three and then subtract two, will that result be MORE points than was scored in the first three quarters combined?

---No. The question was MORE points. (19*3)-2 = 55 and there were 55 combined points in the first three quarters.

8.) Will at least one two-point conversion be attempted in this game?

---Yes. There were two attempted.

9.) If overtime DOES NOT count, will 24 or more points be scored in the second half?

---Yes. 40 Points were scored in the 2nd half.

10.) Will there be a failed 4th Down Conversion attempt in this game?

---Yes. New England went for it on 4th and failed early in the second quarter.
EdCollins
EdCollins
Mission146Ayecarumba
January 20th, 2020 at 2:10:02 PM permalink
Ah, shoot.

The order of the standings remain exactly the same but my total percentages were all wrong.

Reason: This is the first year we are having the Mr. Average and You Suck Prizes for this playoff contest. In past years the prize for this playoff contest has always been for 1st Place only, so there was no need to keep track of percentages. In my Excel spreadsheet I was simply listing everyone's total score.

But the with these additional prizes this year, I changed the total points column to list the percentage, so we could see at a glance how close each participant was to Mr. Average.

Alas, I screwed up. I neglected to consider yesterday's picks were worth TWO points each, not one. Yes, two points each was correctly reflected in the Week 3 points column... but I wasn't taking that into consideration in the Percentage column.

Again, it affected everyone so the standings are exactly the same. I revised the graphic.

• Jump to: