RisingDough
RisingDough
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
cantstandtowinbeachbumbabs
September 26th, 2019 at 2:59:54 PM permalink
Tonight is the matchup between the 1-2 Eagles @ the 3-0 Packers. If you look at records against the spread (ATS) the Eagles are 0-3 whilst the Packers are 3-0. This resonates in Joe Public's mind. They remember who they won and lost on in past weeks.

The Eagles could have won both games they lost and I think the Pack is a bit overrated but will be getting all the love. The game opened Packers -3.5 and the public drove it up to 4.5 at which point I took Eagles +4.5 and on the moneyline at +180. The market is sitting at 4 at most places but you can probably still find some 4.5's out there.

Not a lock by any means but I think +ev long term.

good luck!

RD
What is life if not a gamble?
RisingDough
RisingDough
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
cantstandtowin
September 26th, 2019 at 3:02:47 PM permalink
A couple of MLB games I like tonight would be

Cubs -112
White Sox +170

GL
What is life if not a gamble?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
cantstandtowin
September 26th, 2019 at 3:09:32 PM permalink
Quote: RisingDough

Tonight is the matchup between the 1-2 Eagles @ the 3-0 Packers. If you look at records against the spread (ATS) the Eagles are 0-3 whilst the Packers are 3-0. This resonates in Joe Public's mind. They remember who they won and lost on in past weeks.

The Eagles could have won both games they lost and I think the Pack is a bit overrated but will be getting all the love. The game opened Packers -3.5 and the public drove it up to 4.5 at which point I took Eagles +4.5 and on the moneyline at +180. The market is sitting at 4 at most places but you can probably still find some 4.5's out there.

Not a lock by any means but I think +ev long term.

good luck!

RD

I like the Eagles also, but I am kicking myself for not getting the +5.5 that was available earlier.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
September 26th, 2019 at 3:20:19 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I like the Eagles also, but I am kicking myself for not getting the +5.5 that was available earlier.

howd sunday night work out for you ;-)

We were both yelling at the TV on that last play for different reasons.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
September 26th, 2019 at 3:40:27 PM permalink

D. Rich I will give u eagles +5. I think you owe me $30. I will take up to $30. You still have 2 hours before kick off.
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
cantstandtowin
September 26th, 2019 at 3:48:04 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

D. Rich I will give u eagles +5. I think you owe me $30. I will take up to $30. You still have 2 hours before kick off.

I will do that but only if you agree to take my money if I lose. Bet for $30 I have Eagles +5.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
September 26th, 2019 at 4:12:12 PM permalink

I will do that but only if you agree to take my money if I lose. Bet for $30 I have Eagles +5.

I accept you bet You have Eagles +5. I like to take your money but I need to figure out HOW. Put MY money in a shoe box. Give me the box when we meet one day please. I will buy you a beer and or lunch. (Cheap lunch though)
DRich
DRich
September 26th, 2019 at 8:43:10 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

I will buy you a beer and or lunch. (Cheap lunch though)

I only drink Krystal and eat caviar. For you I will settle for chicken McNuggets and a large fry.
DRich
DRich
September 26th, 2019 at 8:52:39 PM permalink
It appears that I won that one but I will gladly buy you a drink or chicken McNuggets.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
RisingDoughcantstandtowinbeachbumbabs
September 27th, 2019 at 2:52:09 AM permalink
RisingDough: very nice calls - you got 3 out of 4 with one at +180 and one at +170..........................beautiful
Please don't feed the trolls
DRich
DRich
September 27th, 2019 at 7:13:20 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

howd sunday night work out for you ;-)

We were both yelling at the TV on that last play for different reasons.

Surprisingly, I arm very unemotional about football games even when I have a bet on them. I don't bet enough to get that vested. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely rooting for my bet but rarely express more than a "Yes" or a "No" when something happens.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
September 27th, 2019 at 8:43:32 AM permalink

Surprisingly, I arm very unemotional about football games even when I have a bet on them. I don't bet enough to get that vested. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely rooting for my bet but rarely express more than a "Yes" or a "No" when something happens.

Sounds like there is no point in betting them then. I only bet if I have enough vested where either outcome makes me feel it. Not talking life changing type money but not going to put 10 on a game where I couldn't care less
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
September 27th, 2019 at 8:54:12 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Sounds like there is no point in betting them then. I only bet if I have enough vested where either outcome makes me feel it. Not talking life changing type money but not going to put 10 on a game where I couldn't care less

I am happy if I think I have a 2% advantage so I still expect to lose 48% of the time. Hard to get excited when you know you will lose almost half of the time.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 27th, 2019 at 10:52:04 AM permalink

I am happy if I think I have a 2% advantage so I still expect to lose 48% of the time. Hard to get excited when you know you will lose almost half of the time.

That’s why you should bet 10-leg parlays with long odds. You’ll lose more often thus be less excited.
  • Jump to: