Thread Rating:

EdCollins
EdCollins
Joined: Oct 21, 2011
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 1537
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:41:57 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Greetings!

I'm about to check for missing players...

PlayYourCardsRight, rdw4potus, Romes.

Edit. Whoops. I now see you determined this yourself at the bottom of your own thread.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 3610
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 11:02:56 AM permalink
I picked 49ers +4 as my confidence pick, 100% because of the 8 point error. Win or Lose, I will stay even with all the other "good" contestants on this pick and I will try to catch the leaders based on my performance on the 84 other picks in this contest.

A gift of 8 points is just too much. 49ers +4 (versus -4) takes us past the super-key numbers of -3 and +3 and gives us a push on the key number of +4.

I wonder if Mission will make the same flub next week and offer us Dolphins -22.5 ?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 11:33:00 AM permalink
Itís showing my pick as Ravens -3 and Over 44.

That was a mistake in my message to Mission. It shouldíve just been the Over 44 in the game. Iíve only bet on over/unders for all 5 of my picks every week thus far.

If this has to count as a no pick on this game I understand.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14234
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 12:09:38 PM permalink
I'm in the minority, I guess, on how this was handled. I think since people made picks before it was corrected, and everybody knew the line was incorrect, AND there were other errors in the lines as first posted, either the 49/browns game should have been declared a non-pick, or the line should have been corrected, as the others were. JMO, though, since we're all weighing in.

I just got out of the way of the train wreck and chose other games. I'm not fond of the idea that people should take advantage of the game over a typo. None of your excuses were very convincing either. Kind of spoils the fun. I hope winning/losing/not playing this particular game doesn't determine the season for any significant placements.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 3678
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 1:23:47 PM permalink
Holy Mackeral, Hou-Atl 85 points ! I went with Under 50. Aaarrrggghhh.
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 15308
October 6th, 2019 at 2:03:54 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Itís showing my pick as Ravens -3 and Over 44.

That was a mistake in my message to Mission. It shouldíve just been the Over 44 in the game. Iíve only bet on over/unders for all 5 of my picks every week thus far.

If this has to count as a no pick on this game I understand.



Good on the OVER, will Edit posts.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 15308
October 6th, 2019 at 2:05:25 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm in the minority, I guess, on how this was handled. I think since people made picks before it was corrected, and everybody knew the line was incorrect, AND there were other errors in the lines as first posted, either the 49/browns game should have been declared a non-pick, or the line should have been corrected, as the others were. JMO, though, since we're all weighing in.

I just got out of the way of the train wreck and chose other games. I'm not fond of the idea that people should take advantage of the game over a typo. None of your excuses were very convincing either. Kind of spoils the fun. I hope winning/losing/not playing this particular game doesn't determine the season for any significant placements.



To the first paragraph, no line was corrected, only added. Iíll sometimes do that if thereís not a line out on Thursday, so thatís effectively the same thing.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 8689
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 2:06:21 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm in the minority, I guess, on how this was handled. I think since people made picks before it was corrected, and everybody knew the line was incorrect, AND there were other errors in the lines as first posted, either the 49/browns game should have been declared a non-pick, or the line should have been corrected, as the others were. JMO, though, since we're all weighing in.

I just got out of the way of the train wreck and chose other games. I'm not fond of the idea that people should take advantage of the game over a typo. None of your excuses were very convincing either. Kind of spoils the fun. I hope winning/losing/not playing this particular game doesn't determine the season for any significant placements.



I think you are being unfair. While EVERYONE had the opportunity to change their picks, Mission made it crystal clear that the line would be honored as written. Using the phrase 'take advantage' is taking an unfair shot at the competitors. Mission made the rules clear. Funny, there has been lots of talk of players using as their SOLE STRATEGY to take advantage of stale (meaning not available at the time of selection) lines!

I do agree with you that I hope this one game does not determine a final placement.
Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 5552
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 2:28:32 PM permalink
Sigh, tried to get on to do picks at like 3am Friday morning, no lines, didn't submit 2 weeks, I'm DQ'd now right?

cool
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 15308
October 6th, 2019 at 2:33:04 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Sigh, tried to get on to do picks at like 3am Friday morning, no lines, didn't submit 2 weeks, I'm DQ'd now right?

cool



You can actually still win Top 3 and Perfection bonuses.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219

  • Jump to: