1 vote (11.11%)
4 votes (44.44%)
1 vote (11.11%)

9 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 173
January 7th, 2019 at 10:57:28 PM permalink
If owned an NFL team, I would have the best top 3 kicker every year and the kicker would become the highest paid position in the NFL. The Browns would have won at least 3 more games in the the two previous years. This controversy alerted me to the fact the Bears had Robbie Gould, don't know why they got rid of him unless it was a sacrifice to lose games and gain draft picks.
Careful man! There's a beverage here! Being good is no fun. I want to make ignorant jokes too! :-| The Cleveland Browns look for another victory to build on their impressive two-game winning streak...Drug dealers got my boy, Jimmy! The story will continue in a moment. If the deal is too good, there is something wrong. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. Oh! through the wilderness You and I we're walking Through the emptiness Oh! my heart is a mess Is it the only defense Against the wilderness They tried to kill us, Jimmy. They did. They're dirty f**king cops!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 287
January 8th, 2019 at 3:13:50 AM permalink
is it possible they go more Ape in Chicago than in New York? Some say the outrage is at the level of Bart-man, I feel for the dude.

My favorite part is the Bear mascot's reaction.

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FinsRule
FinsRule 
  • Threads: 115
January 8th, 2019 at 4:04:12 AM permalink
I live in the Chicagoland area. This is not even close to Bartman hysteria.

I think it’s pretty standard day after tough loss mood in the city.

I hate the Bears, so I couldn’t have scripted a better ending to the game. I just wish I wasn’t in no gamble January, or I would have made some nice money on this.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 6
January 8th, 2019 at 4:12:26 AM permalink
Those Eagle fans: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/eagles-fan-pay-bears-kicker-cody-parkey-venmo-missed-game-winning-field-goal-171353340.html
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak 
  • Threads: 40
January 8th, 2019 at 4:20:03 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

AND

The guy kicked it perfectly, but the refs claimed the Eagles had called a time-out in time to negate the kick. I'm not so sure about that, actually. I think the ball was hiked before the TO and it was a late whistle. So the double-doink was actually the second time he kicked it.

I do think mostly it's just all the chatter about the 4 doinks in one game, and everybody holding their breath to see if, after all the commentary about it, the guy could kick the game winner. Irony and destiny mixed together.

Doug Pederson called the timeout before the snap. It’s on the refs if they were late to the whistle.

People always saying icing the kicker doesn’t work, until it works beautifully.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 137
January 8th, 2019 at 4:40:24 AM permalink
pretty funny. Chicago Bears mascot Staley Da Bear first thinks the kick is good and then reacts to seeing it double doink
90% 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭
gamerfreak
gamerfreak 
  • Threads: 40
January 8th, 2019 at 5:15:39 AM permalink
Bear’s Coach face was also great

Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 218
January 8th, 2019 at 11:08:44 AM permalink
They ought to give more points for hitting the upright. How many kickers could do it from 40 yards out, even if they tried? Doesn't Australian Rules Football, or some other similar field sport have two sets of uprights, with more points awarded for propelling the ball through the narrower gap?
Voice of the Announcer: Meanwhile, at an abandoned gold mine, a sinister figure lurks. Snidley Whiplash: I love to lurk. It's so me
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 131
January 8th, 2019 at 11:20:11 AM permalink
Imagine if it had been deflected at the line, bounced off the upright, then hit the crossbar and bounced into the endzone. It would have been the birth of a legend.
Missed it by that much. I was sort of expecting a Bears- Pats Big Game. I am oh so disappointed.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 218
January 8th, 2019 at 12:24:35 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Imagine if it had been deflected at the line, bounced off the upright, then hit the crossbar and bounced into the endzone. It would have been the birth of a legend.
Missed it by that much. I was sort of expecting a Bears- Pats Big Game. I am oh so disappointed.

It could be Rams/Chargers... that would be something. There aren't even enough fans of both teams combined in the L.A. area to fill the 27,000 seat Stub Hub Center. Who's going to travel to Atlanta?
Voice of the Announcer: Meanwhile, at an abandoned gold mine, a sinister figure lurks. Snidley Whiplash: I love to lurk. It's so me

• Jump to: