3 votes (37.5%)

8 members have voted

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 135
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
February 9th, 2018 at 12:49:40 PM permalink
He think they will be serious SB contenders in two years. I have no dog in the fight. Last time I rooted for the Browns was a game against the Cowboys in the playoffs and that was a long , long time ago.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Mission146
February 9th, 2018 at 1:03:52 PM permalink
Is the Cleveland Browns a racist name like the Redskins or the Fightin' Irish?
100% risk of ruin
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 118
RogerKint
February 9th, 2018 at 1:05:15 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Is the Cleveland Browns a racist name like the Redskins or the Fightin' Irish?

Not at all. They're named after the color of the word most often used to describe the team.
Vultures can't be choosers.
RogerKint
RogerKint
Mission146
February 9th, 2018 at 1:12:12 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Not at all. They're named after the color of the word most often used to describe the team.

I have so much Browns swag cause it's always on the Ross clearance rack. The Ross clearance rack is actually cheaper than the thrift in some cases. Browns swag is usually one of those cases. Instead of raiders fans threatening to kick my ass, they just laugh, so there's that.
100% risk of ruin
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 135
Mission146
February 9th, 2018 at 1:12:27 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

That is inaccurate. The Browns took the name in the late 40s. Some say it is named after their legendary coach, Paul Brown.
Others say the nickname came from some loose connection to Joe Louis, the Brown Bomber. By coincidence, the best player in team history is Jim Brown, but the team he played for now plays in Baltimore. The helmet is colored after the nickname, not the other way around.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
RogerKint
RogerKint
Mission146
February 9th, 2018 at 1:19:31 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

That is inaccurate. The Browns took the name in the late 40s. Some say it is named after their legendary coach, Paul Brown.
Others say the nickname came from some loose connection to Joe Louis, the Brown Bomber. By coincidence, the best player in team history is Jim Brown, but the team he played for now plays in Baltimore. The helmet is colored after the nickname, not the other way around.

The brown bomber? Was he black? Did Democrats not exist back then? 😉 Although we do have a current american heavyweight champ that goes by bronze bomber.
100% risk of ruin
Mission146
Mission146
February 9th, 2018 at 1:27:30 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I know all of that. I was making a joke insinuating that it's because people say they play like...ahhh...fecal matter.
Mission146
Mission146
February 9th, 2018 at 1:28:58 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

I have so much Browns swag cause it's always on the Ross clearance rack. The Ross clearance rack is actually cheaper than the thrift in some cases. Browns swag is usually one of those cases. Instead of raiders fans threatening to kick my ass, they just laugh, so there's that.

Sounds like before Steve & Barry's went out of business. Those places were awesome! $9.xx jerseys that would survive a cursory examination before being identified as knockoffs.

• Jump to: