JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
February 5th, 2018 at 9:14:07 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

THANK YOU Mission for all of the hard work you put in to running this. All of the wrong format picks, questions, confusions, and for giving us all this great free roll.

THANK YOU Ed Collins for all of your analytical work getting everyone's points and standings together. You help make this fun and easy for the rest of us by just clicking the thread and seeing the results!

Amen to all that !!!
Last edited by: JohnnyQ on Feb 5, 2018
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
February 5th, 2018 at 9:20:15 AM permalink
Ps: I think the question 3 correction puts GWAE and me into a tie
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
February 5th, 2018 at 6:24:09 PM permalink
Wow, several weeks ago I figured my best shot was for the last place consolation prize. SO, regarding the tie-breaker based on the PRELIM results, my SB picks waaaay back when were:

Superbowl VIKINGS 30 - PATRIOTS 27

RE:

Quote: Mission146

2. Super Bowl Pick Tiebreaker

I received a PM asking how the tiebreaker works for the Super Bowl prediction, I thought it would be pretty intuitive, so I didn't really explain it out too much.

The tiebreaker shall be adjudicated, if necessary, in the following order:

A.) Did you make a SB prediction at all?

If Yes/No: The person who attempted to do so is the winner.

B.) Did you pick the correct winner?

If Yes/No: The person who picked the SB winner is the winner.

If Yes/Yes: Move to C.

If No/No: Move to C.

C.) Did you pick the losing Super Bowl Participant correctly?

If Yes/No: The person who picked the losing SB team is the winner.

If Yes/Yes: Move to D.

If No/No: Move to E.

D.) For this tiebreaker to apply, one of two things happened:

-Both players selected the same Super Bowl winner AND participant, and at least one of those selections was correct.
-Both players selected one of those things right, but the other thing wrong.

D1.) Whoever comes closest on the Super Bowl score for the applicable team shall be the winner. If this fails, move to E.

E.) If no other tiebreaker has decided this at this point, it means that either the Super Bowl Winner, Losing Team, or both, was wrong for both tied players. Thus, it will be decided by:

-Of the one different selection, unless both selections were wrong, which person's selection scored the most points throughout the playoffs?

F.) If none of the above has resulted in a winner, here is the final tiebreaker:

-When the Super Bowl participants are known, each player will be asked to submit a precise margin of victory AND precise final score for the Super Bowl. If tiebreakers A-E have failed, then this final selection will apply.

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
February 6th, 2018 at 7:23:47 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

F.) If none of the above has resulted in a winner, here is the final tiebreaker:

-When the Super Bowl participants are known, each player will be asked to submit a precise margin of victory AND precise final score for the Super Bowl. If tiebreakers A-E have failed, then this final selection will apply.

It doesn't matter (at least in my case) but I didn't submit a prediction for Super Bowl score after the participants were known, to be used if tiebreaker F was needed. Am I the only one who missed doing that?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
February 6th, 2018 at 8:04:59 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

It doesn't matter (at least in my case) but I didn't submit a prediction for Super Bowl score after the participants were known, to be used if tiebreaker F was needed. Am I the only one who missed doing that?

Not even close.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
February 7th, 2018 at 3:26:38 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I missed that, probably because the official rules were posted way back at the beginning of the contest, life is busy, etc, etc, etc. Eh, no big deal. A reminder wouldn't have hurt, but chalk that up as a lesson learned and life goes on.

Maybe this sorts itself out in A-E. I think it does but I wouldn't "bet the farm" on it.

ONCE AGAIN, thanks to Mission146 & EdCollins for all the work they put into this as a service to the forum.
  • Jump to: