Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 13
October 17th, 2017 at 11:29:10 AM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

-snip-
Or was he pitched poorly last night?

Away, Away, Away. In general I think they have done a great job in shutting him down (and extending his slump). But trying to sneak a 2-2 fastball by seemed like a poor pitch choice when Judge connected for the home run.
https://www.mlb.com/video/judges-three-run-home-run/c-1863809783?tid=94787060
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
October 17th, 2017 at 4:42:54 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

...<SNIP>,,,
LAD vs CHI gives us 2 righties going, Darvish/Hendricks. Each allow over a home run per 9 innings. Combined with:
http://www.windsblowingout.com/index.php
I am looking at the over 8 runs.

[Bolded emphasis added]

I'll be interested in that as I watch. I have a 'park factor' of 1.01 (101% of MLB avg. runs per game) for just a bare scosch over average runs/game at 9.3-ish in 2017, as a raw average unadjusted for other factors. Which seems a bit odd to me given Wrigley's reputation, even though that's what the numbers are saying. But that's for the regular season, makes no allowance for opponent or pitchers, and I don't yet have any way to account for game day weather & atmospheric (air density) conditions there.

I am getting just about to the point of being able to do this with reasonable confidence at some ballparks in the west including Chase Field, Dodger Stadium, Petco Park... while still with nothing more than a wildazzguess for variable conditions at Wrigley. No bet for me, but interested in that all the same.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
October 17th, 2017 at 5:49:18 PM permalink
Aw shucks, I was ready to send Starlin Castro a box of chocolates. And a can of WD-40.
Keeneone
Keeneone
October 18th, 2017 at 12:46:01 PM permalink

-snip-
LAD vs CHI gives us 2 righties going, Darvish/Hendricks. Each allow over a home run per 9 innings. Combined with:
http://www.windsblowingout.com/index.php
I am looking at the over 8 runs.

Well I got that one wrong. 3 homers hit but all were solo shots early in the game. Combined 1-14 RISP...on to tonight.
Go Yanks.
Do Cubs fans actually want a win today or would they be satisfied with a sweep and last year's championship?
monet0412
monet0412
October 18th, 2017 at 1:11:50 PM permalink
Quote: monet0412

So now that I told you my expert pick I think that anyone who has extra money should bet the Yankees to win the ALDS :)

Take your winnings from the Yankees and parlay it on the Dodgers to win it all :)

I feel lik ZenKing and others who make mental bets and don't see any return profits 😢
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 138
October 18th, 2017 at 2:20:50 PM permalink
I got my money in on the Yankees going all the way at 8-1 ,prior to Game 5 in Cleveland.
Only money I have on this series is a bet on a Captain America statue with a shop owner from Houston.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
October 18th, 2017 at 8:27:21 PM permalink
#PuigWantedToBeYourFriend

Well I got that one wrong. 3 homers hit but all were solo shots early in the game. Combined 1-14 RISP...on to tonight.
Go Yanks.
Do Cubs fans actually want a win today or would they be satisfied with a sweep and last year's championship?

In my experience, what Cubs fans mostly want is to get drunk and stay that way. And I want them to get a nice early start on that. 'Cause I'm such a thoughtful guy that way.

Quote: MLB Gameday

Justin Turner homers on a fly ball to left center field...

Yasiel Puig walks...

I think this would be an excellent time for Chicago to panic.
Keeneone
Keeneone
October 19th, 2017 at 9:49:52 AM permalink
Well the Cubbies survive and get at least one more game tonight.

Quote: DrawingDead

#PuigWantedToBeYourFriend-snip-

I generally like all ballplayers (mostly Cubans) with first names starting with the letter Y. Because why not!
Who was the greatest MLB player with a first name starting with Y?

It would be great to get a classic New York Yankees vs Brooklyn Los Angeles Dodgers World Series...
The Yanks will seek revenge for their last defeat at the hands of the Dodgers in 1981. "The Empire Strikes Back".
RisingDough
RisingDough
  • Threads: 4
October 19th, 2017 at 11:43:40 AM permalink

I'm a HUGE Cubs fan and of course I wanted a win in game 4! I'd love a comeback however unlikely it is. I actually think our season probably comes to an end tonight but you never know.
What is life if not a gamble?
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
October 19th, 2017 at 11:57:35 AM permalink
After being briefly drunk on an implied HOU vs. LAD lock, he futures market has now revalued the probability (more than 100% sum with vig) of winning the World Series, and the subsequent right to claim that "our Puerto Rican, Dominican, and Cuban ballplayers are better than your Puerto Rican, Dominican, and Cuban ballplayers, so there, niya, niya, niya" as follows:

Los Angeles Dodgers* 56%
New York Yankees 31%
Houston Astros 20%
Maleficent Agents of Satan 4%

The sum of my two WS tickets has diminished from the peak price of a couple days ago, but is still valued by the betting market at more than I paid for them in total, so there's that.

*I never got what they're supposed to be dodging nowadays around Echo Park between Sunset Blvd & the 110 Fwy. Seems like they'd have the Giant pretensions, or at least should represent the Immoderately Large, while that peninsula between Alcatraz and Salinas is manifestly Dodgy.

• Jump to: