DogFlips -3,878

YTD Total -28,290
+130dogs +491
Other dogs -1,086
Favorites -503
Focus Picks -15,244
FocusFlips -3,457
DogFlips -8,491
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
June 15th, 2017 at 9:33:28 AM permalink
Today's Picks:
 Mariners 115
 White Sox -102
 Red Sox -230 DogFlips 7X's
 Mets 102
 Brewers 129
 Rockies -158 DogFlips 7X's
 Athletics 100 Focus 7X's
 Royals 119
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 16
June 15th, 2017 at 9:46:50 AM permalink
I've never posted in this thread but I follow your picks daily (I don't bet, just love baseball so your thread intrigues me) and I was wondering at what point you might start scaling back your bets or if you don't plan to? At this rate you're on pace to lose close to $90,000. I'm not saying you can't turn it around and still have a winning season but I was just wondering if you had a stop loss? Anyways good luck with the betting and go Red Sox!!! 😊
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
bazooooka
bazooooka
  • Threads: 3
June 15th, 2017 at 10:04:02 AM permalink
His picks have been great for +130 dog and "alt" line players. I suspect they do well on the runline too once the chalk starts hitting more consistent. The problem isn't the algo but how he applies it. There are many who are up but they use these picks other than presented.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
June 15th, 2017 at 10:05:37 AM permalink
Hey PokerGrinder, the thought of scaling back has occurred and I even posted that thought on this thread. Fortunately, things turned a bit for the better and I put it off. The issue at this point is that the only group with a statistically significant sample size and the one in which I wouldn't scale back on is the +130dogs and they won't be back for a few weeks. Of the others, the Focus picks had intrigued me when I started them. They hadn't reached a statistically significant sample size and I really never should have increased the size on those. Screw up on my part. Those are the ones that I will most likely scale back here shortly unless they turn.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 16
June 15th, 2017 at 10:08:56 AM permalink
Interesting. Thanks for the response. Beating the books is so tough so I'm always rooting for anybody who tries to do it.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
bazooooka
bazooooka
June 15th, 2017 at 11:20:25 AM permalink
Steel,

If the +130 algo had merit (it did) play the alt line. If your Focus chalk picks become significant now that it is Summer than play the run line. You did the hard part by devising a system that can pick out patterns in dogs and favs. Now the next part (the easy part) is to monetize it. I'm not sure why you don't see that 1 run margins are uneventful in the context of your algos picks. Thus picks up the extra 50 to 100 points. Your blind followers will appreciate, other who PM me have already made the adjustment..

Quote: steeldco

Hey PokerGrinder, the thought of scaling back has occurred and I even posted that thought on this thread. Fortunately, things turned a bit for the better and I put it off. The issue at this point is that the only group with a statistically significant sample size and the one in which I wouldn't scale back on is the +130dogs and they won't be back for a few weeks. Of the others, the Focus picks had intrigued me when I started them. They hadn't reached a statistically significant sample size and I really never should have increased the size on those. Screw up on my part. Those are the ones that I will most likely scale back here shortly unless they turn.

vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 6
June 15th, 2017 at 3:23:31 PM permalink
Quote: bazooooka

Steel,

If the +130 algo had merit (it did) play the alt line. If your Focus chalk picks become significant now that it is Summer than play the run line. You did the hard part by devising a system that can pick out patterns in dogs and favs. Now the next part (the easy part) is to monetize it. I'm not sure why you don't see that 1 run margins are uneventful in the context of your algos picks. Thus picks up the extra 50 to 100 points. Your blind followers will appreciate, other who PM me have already made the adjustment..

Baz
You have mentioned this many...many times. I know Steel has heard you but he is not interested. It is his system and for now he wants to play it his way.
bazooooka
bazooooka
June 15th, 2017 at 9:15:04 PM permalink
Vegas,

I don't really post to change anyone's mind, in fact I'm pretty sure he and others plays picks other than what the tracking would suggest. It's more for my own MLB betting, as well the few who use his picks in a right way and PM me.

His picks are quite useful. There should/could be many who are up more than 100 betting units. A few have taken the time to read my posts and backtested what I've said.

Heck, everyone here is trying to beat the book.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
June 15th, 2017 at 10:09:57 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Baz
You have mentioned this many...many times. I know Steel has heard you but he is not interested. It is his system and for now he wants to play it his way.

vegas,

I had a similar impression of Bazooka posts, but I went back and read about the last 3 weeks or so. steel said Baz was "welcome" to continue to post his ideas based on steels lines, even though steel.himself would not be applying Baz advice at this time. It appeared to be genuine, not a polite brushoff.

So I decided not to brush Baz back. I believe it reads like haranguing, but steel is not taking it that way, so it can continue as long as the intent is to be helpful, not disparaging, of what steel is posting.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."

• Jump to: