onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
January 16th, 2017 at 9:19:02 PM permalink
http://www.skysports.com/racing/results/full-result/357614/turfway-park/12-02-2010/starter-allowance

Appears it broke down not finishing the race, but I'm not sure. I'm referring to Smokin Jordan.

He never raced again either way.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Jan 17, 2017
I am a robot.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
January 17th, 2017 at 1:30:00 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

http://www.skysports.com/racing/results/full-result/357614/turfway-park/12-02-2010/starter-allowance

Appears it broke down not finishing the race, but I'm not sure. I'm referring to Smokin Jordan.

He never raced again either way.

This horse was scratched by his trainer on Feb 12th, 2010. In your link, I saw where it said "also ran", but he did not. That's a mistake. The horse was still alive at Louisiana Downs on May 1, 2010 and finished 8th in a ten-horse field. After that I can find no more races.

But he definitely did not run and did not break down in the race you linked. I watched the replay.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
January 17th, 2017 at 1:57:17 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

This horse was scratched by his trainer on Feb 12th, 2010. In your link, I saw where it said "also ran", but he did not. That's a mistake. The horse was still alive at Louisiana Downs on May 1, 2010 and finished 8th in a ten-horse field. After that I can find no more races.

But he definitely did not run and did not break down in the race you linked. I watched the replay.

For some reason this horse was entered in a quarter horse race in 2007, and won at 870 yards. Following that he broke his maiden as a thoroughbred, and was claimed. After his last race in May of 2010, he was sold back to the original owner who bought him as a 2-year old. Not claimed, must have been a private sale. I don't have a date. Maybe he made a pet out of him.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
January 17th, 2017 at 9:19:32 AM permalink

For some reason this horse was entered in a quarter horse race in 2007, and won at 870 yards. Following that he broke his maiden as a thoroughbred, and was claimed. After his last race in May of 2010, he was sold back to the original owner who bought him as a 2-year old. Not claimed, must have been a private sale. I don't have a date. Maybe he made a pet out of him.

Oh, thank you. We wondered what happened to him. The first time my sister bet an exacta, he won the race and Monoridge placed, she won the bet, so we always talked about him. Last time we saw him race at Mountaineer, he won, but was disqualified.
I am a robot.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
January 17th, 2017 at 7:17:33 PM permalink
Hey One Nickel, equibase dot com is a great place to find horse info. I also use a service at drf dot com (Daily Racing Form) that allows you to track a horse. You can enter its name and then choose what you want to be notified about. Workouts, entries, charts, everything. My inbox is so full of horse stuff.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 17th, 2017 at 11:20:28 PM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

get second you pig

Your sig line cracked me up. Did you just put that there? I guess we know YOU'RE a horse player. That's funny.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
Thanked by
bobbartop
January 18th, 2017 at 3:34:04 PM permalink
life time horseplayer and I back wheel bombs alot, thus I apparently yell that often.
get second you pig
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
February 14th, 2017 at 3:59:30 AM permalink
Monique's Candy probably is gone. Race was over, not paying attention, then see her limping across the finish line, the other day, at Tampa, iirc, The results said vanned off. Her past races indicate she had had some long layoffs between races. Hoping that's the reason, something Chronic she struggles with, but not life threatening. Have her in my stable, hoping she'll show up as an entry before you know it. Why if she was a goner, did the jockey force her over the finish line? Not sure he did or she did without his control, but it makes it worse thinking she suffered just for an extra $200 finishing the race.
I am a robot.
bobbartop
bobbartop
February 14th, 2017 at 10:08:56 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Monique's Candy probably is gone. Race was over, not paying attention, then see her limping across the finish line, the other day, at Tampa, iirc, The results said vanned off. Her past races indicate she had had some long layoffs between races. Hoping that's the reason, something Chronic she struggles with, but not life threatening. Have her in my stable, hoping she'll show up as an entry before you know it. Why if she was a goner, did the jockey force her over the finish line? Not sure he did or she did without his control, but it makes it worse thinking she suffered just for an extra $200 finishing the race.

My aged memory at work, I think I was at Hollypark many years ago and early in the card I saw a horse go over the finish line with its front leg snapped in half and dangling. It was awful, just awful. I just turned around and went home, tears in my eyes. Part of the game.

I seem to remember the name of the horse was Hello.
bobbartop
bobbartop
February 14th, 2017 at 10:16:48 AM permalink

My aged memory at work, I think I was at Hollypark many years ago and early in the card I saw a horse go over the finish line with its front leg snapped in half and dangling. It was awful, just awful. I just turned around and went home, tears in my eyes. Part of the game.

I seem to remember the name of the horse was Hello.

I just confirmed on Equibase, it was an Irish horse named Hello, in the Swaps Stakes, Grade 2, in July 1997, at Hollypark. I'm sure they put him down.

The 2-to-5 winner was Free House, if you're old enough to remember him.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
February 14th, 2017 at 11:01:20 PM permalink
That's too bad. Just heard Lucky Pulpit, California Chrome's sire pased away from a heart attack in the breeding shed covering his first mare of the season. 16 years old.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: