Thread Rating:

steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
October 4th, 2015 at 6:57:08 AM permalink
lilredrooster,
Thanks for the thoughts and kind words. I intend on posting a summary on the season today or tomorrow. I want to look at the results as if I had made all 100 unit wagers rather than what actually happened. I will also outline what I have in mind to change for next season.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
October 4th, 2015 at 5:12:35 PM permalink
The +130dogs, which is what I had focused on had a win rate of 38.94% with the average win bringing 149.42. There were a total of 472 of the +130dog picks made.
The breakdown by month, based upon a flat 100 units on every play showed the following:
Apr 442
May 891
Jun -127
Jul -1,418
Aug -966
Sep 208
Oct -300

Note the killing in July and August. Also the beginning of the season has every year done very well. It is my money management that I find an issue with. Up until now I have started at 100 units and continued to increase it as I won. However, that is in direct opposite of how the season plays out. My plan for next year is to start out at the 700 unit level (the one that I ended this year at) and slowly take it down to 100 by Mid-June. From that point I will either take a breather or start flipping those picks.

The Focus Picks ran the opposite way. They lost in the beginning of the season and then won in the 2nd. half. I will be changing my strategy on those for next year also.

As lilredrooster pointed out, the other dogs are worth a harder look. Unfortunately I didn't keep the level of detail on those that I have on the +130dogs. I really don't have the energy to go thru my 162+ files to compile it.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
October 5th, 2015 at 4:35:27 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

My plan for next year is to <snip>

i would suggest, in jest,
take a long vacation starting in March 2016 and return home in November 2016 (right after trick-or-treat).
Swim, eat, watch movies and music videos,
dance and sleep while only watching Nickelodeon (about all I do now)

my house sold
(right after my Angels went 5 wins and 2 lose on the OVER)
so time to pack and move to a mansion in CT (where my hubby like to be, i like him and the east coast too)
house party B4 Turkey Day 2015
I be there

i would say thanks for sharing your season
but will wait til next year

i still struggle with the run line
how a favorite is a dog
so i try harder next year too
I Heart Vi Hart
  • Jump to: