vetsen
vetsen
  • Threads: 3
March 17th, 2014 at 5:57:26 PM permalink
Does anyone know the best number available on the under for the Yankees season wins. I know it's roughly 86 1/2 or maybe 87 at minus something.
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
March 17th, 2014 at 5:58:30 PM permalink
Quote: vetsen

Does anyone know the best number available on the under for the Yankees season wins. I know it's roughly 86 1/2 or maybe 87 at minus something.

If the number is that high, go under, under, under!!!

They will be lucky to win 70 games imo.
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
vetsen
vetsen
  • Threads: 3
March 17th, 2014 at 7:37:54 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

That's the plan, just want to get the best number.
Tomspur
Tomspur
March 17th, 2014 at 7:40:41 PM permalink

That's the plan, just want to get the best number.

I guess my point was, because I am so averse to the Yankees performing this year, either figure you mentioned would be OK for me.

If you are value hunting because you think it may be a shave at some point, then I understand, otherwise, take either number, sit back enjoy the season and collect after the regular season is complete. (Cause the Yanks ain't going to the post season)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
March 17th, 2014 at 7:56:27 PM permalink

I will give u 80 games, US$10. I will take over.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
March 17th, 2014 at 8:01:22 PM permalink

There's no way you'll be able to find 87 or 86 on them. If you do, bet max on under. I think 84 is the current o/u
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
March 17th, 2014 at 8:09:26 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

There's no way you'll be able to find 87 or 86 on them. If you do, bet max on under. I think 84 is the current o/u

Sorry, I was wrong. 86.5 on Bovada. It opened lower. I'd check MGM, they seem to be higher than other places.
Tomspur
Tomspur
March 17th, 2014 at 8:22:22 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

I will give u 80 games, US$10. I will take over.

Make it 82 and you got a wager major!!!
speedycrap
speedycrap
March 17th, 2014 at 8:27:02 PM permalink

Make it 82 and you got a wager major!!!

Ok you got it Yankees 82. I will take over. US$10. settle through paypal or any convenient means. Confirm and you have a wager. Thanks for the US$10 first. :)))))))))))))
Tomspur
Tomspur
March 17th, 2014 at 9:03:04 PM permalink

Ok you got it Yankees 82. I will take over. US$10. settle through paypal or any convenient means. Confirm and you have a wager. Thanks for the US$10 first. :)))))))))))))

I absolutely confirm!!! :) It wil be my pleasure taking the $10 off your hands and buying my wife something nice :)

Seeing as I think you are a Yankees supporter and seeing that you, by far got the best of it in this bet if we only take the last 10 seasons into account, will you allow me to suggest a further bet with some odds?
I will bet you my $2 to your $5 that, no matter where the Yankees finish, the Orioles will finish tied or above them in the final "regular season" standings?

To simplify, that would be you laying me +250 that Yankees will beat the O's. If you agree I will have $2 on that bet. (Your $5 against my $2)

If not I will be happy to just book the original wager :)
speedycrap
speedycrap
March 17th, 2014 at 9:30:45 PM permalink

I absolutely confirm!!! :) It wil be my pleasure taking the $10 off your hands and buying my wife something nice :)

Seeing as I think you are a Yankees supporter and seeing that you, by far got the best of it in this bet if we only take the last 10 seasons into account, will you allow me to suggest a further bet with some odds?
I will bet you my $2 to your $5 that, no matter where the Yankees finish, the Orioles will finish tied or above them in the final "regular season" standings?

To simplify, that would be you laying me +250 that Yankees will beat the O's. If you agree I will have $2 on that bet. (Your $5 against my $2)

If not I will be happy to just book the original wager :)

My counter proposal:
Your $5 against my US$10. Tie I win. I will take Yankess's over Orioles. then WE have 2 bets. Otherwise, we stick to our original bet. please confirm.
By the way, $10 won't buy much nowadays. :((((((((((((((
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
March 17th, 2014 at 9:37:40 PM permalink
I think that the yankmes will win 88 games but that won't be enough to capture a playoff spot. And the bosox will win 97, and take first, hey hey.
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
Tomspur
Tomspur
March 17th, 2014 at 9:44:47 PM permalink

My counter proposal:
Your $5 against my US$10. Tie I win. I will take Yankess's over Orioles. then WE have 2 bets. Otherwise, we stick to our original bet. please confirm.
By the way, $10 won't buy much nowadays. :((((((((((((((

Sounds good, even though you are shaving me a half a point again :)

Both bets to be settled at the end of the regular 2014 season by paypal or whatever other arrangement we come to. If you live in Vegas all the easier or if you come to Vegas perhaps for the G2E WovCon then we can settle up then providing the regular season is up then.

Look forward to watching the yankees cry like girls this year :)

Oh, two things. My wife is a HUGE yankees fan and secondly we are headed to Camden Yards on the 10th 11th and 12th August to watch the O's-Yanks series!!!!
If you are around the Baltimore area, that would make for a fun meetup!!
speedycrap
speedycrap
March 17th, 2014 at 9:47:21 PM permalink

Sounds good, even though you are shaving me a half a point again :)

Both bets to be settled at the end of the regular 2014 season by paypal or whatever other arrangement we come to. If you live in Vegas all the easier or if you come to Vegas perhaps for the G2E WovCon then we can settle up then providing the regular season is up then.

Look forward to watching the yankees cry like girls this year :)

Oh, two things. My wife is a HUGE yankees fan and secondly we are headed to Camden Yards on the 10th 11th and 12th August to watch the O's-Yanks series!!!!
If you are around the Baltimore area, that would make for a fun meetup!!

I am closer to Buffalo but I will keep in mind. So 2 bets are confirmed.
Tomspur
Tomspur
March 17th, 2014 at 10:14:00 PM permalink

Yes!
speedycrap
speedycrap
March 17th, 2014 at 10:54:19 PM permalink

Yes!

A piece of advice.Start saving now. :))))))))))))))))))))
Tomspur
Tomspur
March 17th, 2014 at 10:57:16 PM permalink

A piece of advice.Start saving now. :))))))))))))))))))))

Looking at the stats, it does seem like my back is against the wall here. I base my eagerness for my bet on my absolute disdain for the yankees and their organization as well as the fact that I don't think their SP is very deep. Combine that with them ebing in the toughest league in the MLB, I'm happy where I'm at (right behind the 8-ball) :)
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 18th, 2014 at 10:48:38 AM permalink
Obligatory
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 18th, 2014 at 10:52:51 AM permalink

From Buffalo AND a baseball fan.

My heart weeps for you

;)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
  • Jump to: