Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 8
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
November 22nd, 2021 at 9:08:28 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Some stuff vis-a-vis Progressives is likely legitimate information, but if the book only covered basic concepts, then people could get that for free.
link to original post

He was struggling with the notion that a game prize can increase as more games are played without that particular prize being awarded for a win.

So before we even think about meter rates or base game returns, I figured he should read the page and a half section on it.

If you want his number to explain it to him, I can get you the $4... but no hard feelings if you decline.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
November 22nd, 2021 at 10:12:21 AM permalink
I'd explain it for free, but...

1.) How often does he gamble?

2.) Does my explanation actually have a chance of helping?
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Mission146
November 22nd, 2021 at 10:51:41 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'd explain it for free, but...

1.) How often does he gamble?

2.) Does my explanation actually have a chance of helping?
link to original post

1.) Perhaps 3 times a year. (at present)

2.) No.

I tossed him a copy of Gambling 102 as well, so he can start to understand probability vs odds.

(Sorry for the hijack. Knowing the gentleman we are discussing, however, I have a pretty good idea of who Professor Slots' target student is.)
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Mission146
November 22nd, 2021 at 12:50:24 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

So in this next video the professor says you should check out the Goodness Ratio, and that is determined this way: "if the top jackpot is in currency, divide it by both the denomination and the maximum credits. If the top jackpot is displayed in credits, divide it by only the maximum credits. " ... he then gives an example of 6000/3 but does not say if 2000 is good or bad or what. 

In the larger video that is excerpted from, he says higher is better. (This is not necessarily true or false; I believe he also said it depends on what your "gambling goals" are.)

Quote: odiousgambit

bottom line: it's the first time I've heard anyone claim there's any reason to look at the paytable of a slot machine. Until someone I respect can say there is something to that, I'm putting this guy down as an opportunistic BS artist.
link to original post

For the casual player, reading the paytable means they're not losing for a few minutes, even if they get no practical information from it.
I believe I've heard the advice of "stand up and walk around the chair three times every time you get a three of a kind" for casual video poker players, with the same overall intent.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 312
Mission146
November 23rd, 2021 at 5:34:00 AM permalink
This is a july 2020 video sent to me to by youtube, by being subscribed to his channel [for now], selected due to number of views. This one is really bad, claiming things that have been thoroughly debunked. Eight wasted minutes of your life you'll never get back. I suggest using closed caption, with the sound off, at 2x speed LOL.  

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Kristmitchell
Kristmitchell
  • Threads: 2
November 23rd, 2021 at 11:01:31 AM permalink
Why not see for yourself Mrsters odius gambits? if a homeless man across the street spewed the same info as this man did, would you take him w/ any credit? imo no

but since this man has studied in colleges and schools and what have you you decide to jump on em, again try his 5 method of spins on slots see if it works, if its operational about ten times over he maybe true if not discard discretly =)

if you do try his system/method do tell id like to hear it thx
Kristmitchell
Kristmitchell
November 24th, 2021 at 11:22:05 AM permalink
whats a matter Odius? did his system work or not? =)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 312
November 24th, 2021 at 12:21:21 PM permalink
Quote: Kristmitchell

whats a matter Odius? did his system work or not? =)
link to original post

Dear Mr. Mitchell,

I saw your first post and decided my best course of action would be to ignore it, so replying now is against my best instincts. However, perhaps you've caught me in a moment where I might believe you are asking in good faith, and after all much of the other threads are boring the hell out of me [that could be 'just me'] so why not?

Evidently you feel if someone claims to be an expert in something, you can take his word for it, that he is just that. Perhaps you feel no person with a wall full of framed text that he claims are diplomas would attempt to deceive? Yet my instincts, after just a minute or so, told me to be wary of Herr Professor.

I'd like a close-up of some of those diplomas. I suspect they might read like the below image.

Can you tell me why you believe I should risk my money, when I am wary?

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Kristmitchell
Kristmitchell
November 25th, 2021 at 1:42:45 AM permalink
no no sir, you came to this site and posted a man, a man with a background of math (or i assume of math) and this man went on to spew "his" "beliefs" of attacking the slot machines and if some homeless man claim the same deal youd look the other way

if you want to be wary thats totally and only up to u
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 49
November 25th, 2021 at 2:05:39 AM permalink
Quote: Kristmitchell

no no sir, you came to this site and posted a man, a man with a background of math (or i assume of math) and this man went on to spew "his" "beliefs" of attacking the slot machines and if some homeless man claim the same deal youd look the other way

if you want to be wary thats totally and only up to u
link to original post

Trying to understand why Kristmitchell is goading OdiousGambit, and why indeed ODG bothers to reply.
As I understand it, ODG flags this so called Professor as a total hocus pocus BS SELLER and believes him no more than he would believe a hobo in the street. And it seems KM has a similar point of view of the Prof. Yet KM seems to be challenging ODG to some sort of 'try it if you want to' dare.
The only two things of any note about the 'professor' are that 1: He claims an absurd level of qualification. 2: He want's to charge money or receive revenue from Youtube.

We have a saying here "I wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole."
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.

• Jump to: