garyt1957
garyt1957
Joined: Nov 4, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 8
November 4th, 2019 at 1:00:23 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Was that number was the machine was currently holding or was it set to that? Newer version suggests it wasn't on the floor long . IIRC there's some bigger hits and even state wide progressives so it's off about 6% perhaps not enough spins to average out.



Not sure. She had it open and the screen up where I could see RTP- 79%, that's all I know. This one is not tied to any state wide progressives.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1246
  • Posts: 20539
November 4th, 2019 at 1:09:43 PM permalink
At Hooters they used to have sign-up promotion for new players, offering $500 in free slot play, or something like that. Maybe it's still running. I did it and the slot play is on a small bank of promotional machines. I estimate these machines have an RTP of about 5%. Same thing with a promotion the old Vegas World ran for years. Personally, I think gaming shouldn't allow such deception, but I'm not in charge.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3531
Thanks for this post from:
mipletgaryt1957Rigondeaux
November 4th, 2019 at 1:59:25 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

At Hooters they used to have sign-up promotion for new players, offering $500 in free slot play, or something like that. Maybe it's still running. I did it and the slot play is on a small bank of promotional machines. I estimate these machines have an RTP of about 5%. Same thing with a promotion the old Vegas World ran for years. Personally, I think gaming shouldn't allow such deception, but I'm not in charge.



I would think that is one of the dumbest promos of all time. Player signs up for card. Heads to your promo machines. Starts with $500 and ends with $25. REKT. Potential player is like "This place sucks, I'm outta here". What is marketing thinking? Might as well have a free ass kicking machine at the players booth for every new sign up.
garyt1957
garyt1957
Joined: Nov 4, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 8
November 4th, 2019 at 2:51:01 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

At Hooters they used to have sign-up promotion for new players, offering $500 in free slot play, or something like that. Maybe it's still running. I did it and the slot play is on a small bank of promotional machines. I estimate these machines have an RTP of about 5%. Same thing with a promotion the old Vegas World ran for years. Personally, I think gaming shouldn't allow such deception, but I'm not in charge.



I feel the RTP should be posted on every machine. Let the player make an informed decision. But I'm sure the casinos pay off who they need to to keep the status quo.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 5183
November 4th, 2019 at 2:53:02 PM permalink
Quote: garyt1957

I feel the RTP should be posted on every machine. Let the player make an informed decision. But I'm sure the casinos pay off who they need to to keep the status quo.



I believe either Illinois or Iowa require this on some if not all machines.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 232
  • Posts: 6546
November 4th, 2019 at 3:12:32 PM permalink
- What was the RTP on the "Lion's Share" machine at MGM that didn't produce a jackpot for decades?

- I recall Binion's recently got busted because their "free play" machine never awarded the top prize; which given the number of spins processed was next to impossible. The fact that someone could even set a slot machine in Nevada to never hit the jackpot is troubling. Doesn't the NGC lab have to test and clear a sample of every chip that goes into every slot machine?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 5183
Thanks for this post from:
Ayecarumba
November 4th, 2019 at 3:21:55 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

The fact that someone could even set a slot machine in Nevada to never hit the jackpot is troubling. Doesn't the NGC lab have to test and clear a sample of every chip that goes into every slot machine?




Yes, the NGCB does test all new chips before they can be installed. Just because a machine hasn't hit a jackpot doesn't mean it is gaffed. Sometimes crazy odds and standard deviations do happen.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3531
Thanks for this post from:
Ayecarumba
November 4th, 2019 at 3:38:29 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

- What was the RTP on the "Lion's Share" machine at MGM that didn't produce a jackpot for decades?

- I recall Binion's recently got busted because their "free play" machine never awarded the top prize; which given the number of spins processed was next to impossible. The fact that someone could even set a slot machine in Nevada to never hit the jackpot is troubling. Doesn't the NGC lab have to test and clear a sample of every chip that goes into every slot machine?



The Bunions thing was a players club kiosk game. Not a slot machine.
Last edited by: MaxPen on Nov 4, 2019
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1246
  • Posts: 20539
November 4th, 2019 at 3:58:46 PM permalink
Quote: garyt1957

I feel the RTP should be posted on every machine. Let the player make an informed decision. But I'm sure the casinos pay off who they need to to keep the status quo.



I agree that on every game, including slots, either the RTP should be posted or the full rules made available to the player can analyze it himself.

I don't think the casinos need to pay anybody off to prevent this. Nothing major changes in gaming law without the casinos blessing. Why do you think the short-lived smoking ban in bars had an exception for large casinos?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 410
November 4th, 2019 at 4:17:23 PM permalink
I once saw a vintage (1970s) slot machine from a Scandinavian country for sale on eBay that had a tiny depiction of the reel symbols next to each reel!

How's THAT for gambling transparency?!

Though I can't imagine more than a handful of people in the 1970s able to compute the odds of the machine!

  • Jump to: