Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 29th, 2022 at 12:37:42 PM permalink
Seen on Twitter:

“Will Smith just slapped an extra zero onto the paycheck of Chris Rock’s next Netflix special.”
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 56
March 29th, 2022 at 7:14:17 PM permalink
Some are reporting that polls indicate that a majority of the general public supports Will Smith in this incident.

And by the way, any defense lawyer would argue that this was an unscripted moment between two fabulously wealthy entertainers on a stage during a reality TV event, that it was an open-handed slap and that no one was physically hurt and that neither entertainer wants charges to be pressed. There isn't a police force in the world that would choose to soil themselves by getting involved in this drama.

The real winner was the Academy Awards show which has been losing its audience for a long time.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
March 29th, 2022 at 8:00:36 PM permalink
On what I think is a very very remote chance it was staged, I'd have to give Will Smith an Oscar for that performance. The yelling from the audience really sold it.

Best meme I've heard, Is --

"Jussie Smollet is now claiming Will Smith hit him too."
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 31
March 29th, 2022 at 9:20:30 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

On what I think is a very very remote chance it was staged, I'd have to give Will Smith an Oscar for that performance. The yelling from the audience really sold it.

Best meme I've heard, Is --

"Jussie Smollet is now claiming Will Smith hit him too."
link to original post

The first time you hear the audience gasp is when Will yells the first f-bomb threat. This is when they realized it wasn't staged

His demeanor after the slap is almost as shocking as the slap itself. His level of rage is so high, like a sociopath. You could imagine Mike Tyson like this, but Will Smith?!
It’s all about making that GTA
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 30th, 2022 at 8:10:25 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Some are reporting that polls indicate that a majority of the general public supports Will Smith in this incident.

I don't believe those reports for a second. Anecdotally, I've personally seen almost nothing but Will Smith getting dragged through the mud for the past few days.

Less anecdotally, BetOnline came to the conclusion that people are overwhelmingly siding with Chris Rock on this one.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 272
March 30th, 2022 at 9:52:16 AM permalink
I'm pretty certain will Smith did this because it was Chris Rock.

Can you imagine if Denzel was giving the joke? You think Will would have gone up to Denzel and smacked him onstage or that Denzel would have had the same peaceful reaction?

I can name a number of actors Will Smith would not have tried that on.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ams288
ams288
March 30th, 2022 at 10:17:04 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I'm pretty certain will Smith did this because it was Chris Rock.

link to original post

And don’t forget, when Chris Rock hosted the Oscars in 2016 he went after Jada hard then too. So there could be some pent up resentment from then.

(Skip to about 2:45 in the video)
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 3
March 30th, 2022 at 7:44:49 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

His demeanor after the slap is almost as shocking as the slap itself. His level of rage is so high, like a sociopath.

Yeah. Unsettling screaming.

The academy president did ask him to leave after the incident. He refused. I’m guessing to avoid a showdown they let him remain.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 340
March 30th, 2022 at 10:27:24 PM permalink
I bet he was drunk or high.
"What, me worry?"

• Jump to: