Thread Rating:

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
February 22nd, 2022 at 9:09:19 AM permalink
I donít know if thatís right or not. At least for me, a complete casual, heís THE reason the sport is synonymous with cheating in my mind. So, at least for someone like me, I donít know if a bad rep is better than no rep.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
February 22nd, 2022 at 9:20:14 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I donít know if thatís right or not. At least for me, a complete casual, heís THE reason the sport is synonymous with cheating in my mind. So, at least for someone like me, I donít know if a bad rep is better than no rep.
link to original post

I am like you just a casual fan. I only watch the big televised races and he is the only trainer I know. The only other name I know is D. Wayne Lucas whom I believe is an owner but I am not even sure about that.

I did see American Pharaoh at Del Mar and that is the extent of my historical racing knowledge.
Order from chaos
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
February 22nd, 2022 at 9:41:41 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: mcallister3200

link to original post

I am like you just a casual fan. I only watch the big televised races and he is the only trainer I know. The only other name I know is D. Wayne Lucas whom I believe is an owner but I am not even sure about that.

I did see American Pharaoh at Del Mar and that is the extent of my historical racing knowledge.
link to original post

I will double your knowledge. Lucas was the first trainer to win the three Triple Crown races in a single year with two different horses.
I think he is the only one but not certain.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 42
July 31st, 2022 at 10:19:18 PM permalink

Here's an odd ending to a race. It's making the rounds because of the name of the eventual winner. But never mind the politics. Can you imagine having big money riding on Moro Flyboy?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
camapl
camapl
  • Threads: 8
August 1st, 2022 at 1:28:19 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Here's an odd ending to a race. It's making the rounds because of the name of the eventual winner. But never mind the politics. Can you imagine having big money riding on Moro Flyboy?
link to original post

Wow, about how often is the jockey dislodged from his horse during a race on average? And how often is it from the lead horse? I could see this happening more often in the pack, both in saddle and on buggyÖ
* Actual results may vary.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
Thanks for this post from:
camapl
August 1st, 2022 at 4:13:36 PM permalink
That was a few weeks ago and the question asked is...the jockey hits the horse right handed once and it veers left...and then he does it a second time for some reason, not sure if or what he was thinking
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
Thanks for this post from:
camapl
August 2nd, 2022 at 4:17:21 AM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

That was a few weeks ago and the question asked is...the jockey hits the horse right handed once and it veers left...and then he does it a second time for some reason, not sure if or what he was thinking
link to original post

Yep. This is the jockey's fault.

• Jump to: