mycran
mycran
  • Threads: 11
April 21st, 2013 at 11:15:42 AM permalink
Going to give UTH a go for the first time on my upcoming trip and wanted to get the opinion of regulars if you avoid this bet or place it and if you do how much? When practicing on the wizards fine game I do much better when I avoid it. Also does the Wizards game warnings use Grosjeans stratgy? How large of a bankroll will i need at lower bets to not get blown outa the water to fast?
There are three types of people in this world,those who can count and those who can not.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 21st, 2013 at 11:47:31 AM permalink
There are several possible paytables for the trips sidebet. If you can find it with the 9/7/4 (FH/flush/straight) or 8/6/5 paytable, then you should play it - the house edge on that bet will be less than 2%.

On a $10 table, you'll risk about $40/hand on average (not counting the trips bet). I'd probably bring about $1,000 to that table to make sure I could last through a 4 hour session.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
April 21st, 2013 at 1:32:51 PM permalink
The UTH game on the wiz's site warns on perfect strategy. You may notice it telling you to do something different than the published strategies in edge cases. You can use the calculator to confirm that the game is correct.
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 21st, 2013 at 2:07:23 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
mycran
mycran
April 22nd, 2013 at 11:26:32 AM permalink
Thanks for info .So are the Blind paytables pretty much all the same?
There are three types of people in this world,those who can count and those who can not.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 22nd, 2013 at 11:50:43 AM permalink
Quote: mycran

Thanks for info .So are the Blind paytables pretty much all the same?

Yes, they are all the same. This is a major house edge driver for the game. Any significant change to the blind paytable in the player's favor could make the game +EV for the player.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
April 22nd, 2013 at 12:03:09 PM permalink

Going to give UTH a go for the first time on my upcoming trip and wanted to get the opinion of regulars if you avoid this bet or place it and if you do how much? When practicing on the wizards fine game I do much better when I avoid it. Also does the Wizards game warnings use Grosjeans stratgy? How large of a bankroll will i need at lower bets to not get blown outa the water to fast?

If you're going to play it in Reno (which is what I assume).
1.) Do NOT play the "trips" bet, it's bad payback everywhere.
2.) Do NOT listen to other players or dealers; if you play CORRECTLY you'll be berated and told "You're a fool."
3.) Play it at Eldorado, as it's hand-shuffled and dealt like a real Hold-Em' game, rather than in "card packs" like a shuffle machine does...
4.) Do NOT listen to other players or dealers; if you play CORRECTLY you'll be berated and told "You're a fool."
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
tringlomane
tringlomane
April 22nd, 2013 at 12:07:17 PM permalink
Yeah, correct strategy makes you look like a maniac. Roger was such a genius with this game.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
April 22nd, 2013 at 12:15:48 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Yeah, correct strategy makes you look like a maniac. Roger was such a genius with this game.

True...considering how rare it is to see people bet 4x...99% of the time, they check all the way though...SOOOOOMETIMES they bet 3x (with like AA/KK/QQ/JJ)
I watched a guy with KK put 3x (he had $125 blinds; so he put $375 on the raise) and the dealer turns over 2-5 to make the wheel....further strengthening ever raising 4x (he lost $625 in one shot right there)
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 22nd, 2013 at 5:16:46 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

True...considering how rare it is to see people bet 4x...99% of the time, they check all the way though...SOOOOOMETIMES they bet 3x (with like AA/KK/QQ/JJ)

And simultaneously betting at $5, $10 or even higher on Trips.
mycran
mycran
April 22nd, 2013 at 5:36:08 PM permalink
Yes TIMSPEED I will be playing in Reno,do they allow using a strategy card at the table? I have the preflop down pretty good but after that only about 80-90%.Thats using the wizards practice game.I have no problem lookin the fool,happens when I use BS in BJ all the time.
tringlomane
tringlomane
April 22nd, 2013 at 7:43:38 PM permalink

Yes TIMSPEED I will be playing in Reno,do they allow using a strategy card at the table? I have the preflop down pretty good but after that only about 80-90%.Thats using the wizards practice game.I have no problem lookin the fool,happens when I use BS in BJ all the time.

Generally any strategy card is allowed. They may not let you physically lay it on the table, but you should be able to have it in your lap for reference.
FunkyDoctor
FunkyDoctor
  • Threads: 10
April 23rd, 2013 at 6:32:37 AM permalink
Speaking of strategy cards, I use the Grosjean strategy for UTH and am seeking a clarification on one of the rules for betting after the flop. The rule states:

"Otherwise, bet only if you have a 4-Flush AND: pocket 22 or a suited Ten or higher in hand"

My question is in relation to the suited Ten or higher in hand. Does that mean both my hole cards need to be suited to match two of the same suit on the board - such as T3s - or should I also bet if I only have the Ten in my hand of a suit that matches a monochrome flop?
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
April 23rd, 2013 at 2:34:19 PM permalink
Quote: FunkyDoctor

Speaking of strategy cards, I use the Grosjean strategy for UTH and am seeking a clarification on one of the rules for betting after the flop. The rule states:

"Otherwise, bet only if you have a 4-Flush AND: pocket 22 or a suited Ten or higher in hand"

My question is in relation to the suited Ten or higher in hand. Does that mean both my hole cards need to be suited to match two of the same suit on the board - such as T3s - or should I also bet if I only have the Ten in my hand of a suit that matches a monochrome flop?

It means if you have one ten in your hand that is included in the 4 card flush.It does not have to be suited with the other card in your hand.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
June 8th, 2013 at 10:41:43 AM permalink
I personally don't like the Blind structure or the Trips Bet.

Blind Bet of 1-2-3-12-35-100 is fairly close if I did the math right.
The 500:1 Blind-Bet payoff on the Royal is too high IMHO to provide a comparable Side-Bet... why bother?

I would prefer a "Flop Bet" as a Side-Bet using the Flop + Pocket for the award. Dollah for a Hollah.
Ace-Ace 2:1
Two-Pair 5:1
Trips 10:1
Straight 25:1
Flush 40:1
Full House 60:1
Quads 200:1
Str-Fl 800:1
Royal Str-Fl 4000:1
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
  • Jump to: