DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 169
June 27th, 2011 at 10:06:39 AM permalink
I finally watched the videos.

That vibrating thing is lame at best. At worst, it will encourage people to think that the vibrating doesn't stop until it gets a roll it likes. Personally when I first saw it, I thought that it was going to be an automated Pop-O-Matic type thing.

I don't trust dice with embedded RFID being properly balanced.

I don't trust dice with rounded edges.

I don't trust dice that aren't see-thru.

Bottom line: I have no desire to play the game.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 27th, 2011 at 11:37:47 PM permalink
Putting in RFID's should be easy to balance, as each chip will weigh the same.

The rolling mechanism sucks though. I'm guessing you need rounded edges in that set up to get them to randomize....
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
DrEntropy
DrEntropy
  • Threads: 27
June 30th, 2011 at 3:17:33 PM permalink
Apparently they have this game in Arizona. I guess because you don't physically handle the dice, its ok under the compact, which doesn't allow normal craps. Governments are wierd.
"Mathematical expectation has nothing to do with results." (Sklansky, Theory of Poker).
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 17
June 30th, 2011 at 3:30:37 PM permalink
Quote: DrEntropy

Apparently they have this game in Arizona. I guess because you don't physically handle the dice, its ok under the compact, which doesn't allow normal craps. Governments are wierd.

Yes they are.
Same explanation given in CA.
The slot supervisor also said it was classified as a slot machine and not a table game and that is why dice can be used.

The time the "Dice Generator" was vibrating was always different. Around the 4 second mark. But sometimes it was only 3.5 or 4.5 or even 5 seconds. I wonder how that is determined.
I plan on going there again this weekend and check it out more closely.
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
June 30th, 2011 at 3:43:22 PM permalink
Quote: 7craps

The time the "Dice Generator" was vibrating was always different. Around the 4 second mark. But sometimes it was only 3.5 or 4.5 or even 5 seconds. I wonder how that is determined.

Perhaps this is how the duration is determined....
Quote: DJTeddyBear

That vibrating thing is lame at best. At worst, it will encourage people to think that the vibrating doesn't stop until it gets a roll it likes.

Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 17
June 30th, 2011 at 4:19:07 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Perhaps this is how the duration is determined....
That vibrating thing is lame at best. At worst, it will encourage people to think that the vibrating doesn't stop until it gets a roll it likes.

That is a good point I missed in your previous post.

The rounded dice, with 3 of them all at once banging into each other, take some wild rides with crazy turns before they come to a stop. The videos do not show how crazy they can get. I am sure the manufacture tested all the variables.

I also agree with you, if you agree with me, that the 'pop-a-matic' style as used in Sic Bo, like at MoSun and Foxwoods in CT, would be a far better solution, already time tested.

In CA, the dice (in this slot machine) do offer more excitement than the card craps versions and a closer drive than the 3.5 hour drive to Vegas.
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
June 30th, 2011 at 4:26:25 PM permalink
Quote: 7craps

In CA, the dice (in this slot machine) do offer more excitement than the card craps versions and a closer drive than the 3.5 hour drive to Vegas.

I've never been to Cali, but based upon some of the description here about Card Craps, and the multitude of ways it's been implemented, I guess I'd rather have dancing dice. Of course, I'd rather have a table with dealers, so I guess I'd still go with Card Craps.

• Jump to: