sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 3209
Thanks for this post from:
Laymedown
March 26th, 2018 at 3:13:10 PM permalink
I don't think dice setting has any actual influence on the results of the roll when thrown legally, but I am always sure to set the dice if there is another player at the table, especially if he is betting much higher checks than me.

Then I always set the dice and throw very carefully and deliberately.

If I go on a long roll (guaranteed to happen if you play enough), there is a substantially greater chance I will be tipped as the shooter because it looks like I am focusing my efforts.

Since taking this approach I have been tipped three times at dice tables.

Another benefit is that the floormen automatically think you're an idiot and you slow the game down for comping purposes.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1087
  • Posts: 18532
March 26th, 2018 at 3:16:18 PM permalink
Quote: Laymedown

Random shooters should be shot on site.



Ooo. It just got hotter in here.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Laymedown
Laymedown
Joined: Nov 15, 2017
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 264
March 26th, 2018 at 3:23:19 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

No. They lose just the same as every other craps player.



I'm sure you are a very nice person but do you know the difference between a dice setter and a random shooter.

There is not much difference other than the starting roll using the same set of numbers to start with. in many cases having dice numbers set to a certain way to simply AVOID A SEVEN.

DI's on the other hand are a whole new ball game with their fancy shmancy robotic arms and precision rolls.

But just sit back while you have your bets off and watch their rolls, dice setters tend to roll an average of 10-12 numbers pretty easy.

In my personal experience I'd have to say at least 8 out of every 10 random rollers will never see the light to a fire bet.

I myself set the dice using a hard way set and I am able to roll at least a 4 number fire bet at least 2 out of 50 rolling sessions.

One day you will see the light and start setting your own dice with your favorite set.
But in the mean time let's all make money by motivating dice setters and not embarrassing them at the table.
Sorry for my many daily posts. I am a retired professional and I love to chat about gambling. I also enjoy reading and can't help but to reply to some fantastic articles.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 66
  • Posts: 11932
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
March 26th, 2018 at 3:26:23 PM permalink
Quote: Laymedown

I'm sure you are a very nice person but do you know the difference between a dice setter and a random shooter.


There is no difference!! Wait, yes there is. The "believers" have been scammed, while the the randoms haven't!
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Laymedown
Laymedown
Joined: Nov 15, 2017
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 264
March 26th, 2018 at 3:32:06 PM permalink
Try this at your next visit to the tables. Simply tell a new shooter "Put the 4's up and try to hit that back wall using one hand only"
When the table is ice cold just sit back and watch it warm up very fast.
Together we can end the RANDOM SHOOTER Syndrome.

Again don't get confused with a DI vs. a Dice setter.
If there are more than 3-4 different numbers rolled repeatedly before a seven then this would be a dice setter.
(They simply roll to avoid the seven)

A DI is one who bets on a seven and actually rolls it using precision. In most situations these people would fall under some kind of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) issue i think because they are funny to watch at the tables.

There is a member on here who has this kind of thing going on, also has youtube videos showing ultra slow dice rolling.
Last edited by: Laymedown on Mar 26, 2018
Sorry for my many daily posts. I am a retired professional and I love to chat about gambling. I also enjoy reading and can't help but to reply to some fantastic articles.
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 61
  • Posts: 3209
March 26th, 2018 at 3:44:20 PM permalink
Quote: Laymedown

Try this at your next visit to the tables. Simply tell a new shooter "Put the 4's up and try to hit that back wall using one hand only"
When the table is ice cold just sit back and watch it warm up very fast.
Together we can end the RANDOM SHOOTER Syndrome.

Again don't get confused with a DI vs. a Dice setter.
If there are more than 3-4 different numbers rolled repeatedly before a seven then this would be a dice setter.
(They simply roll to avoid the seven)

A DI is one who bets on a seven and actually rolls it using precision. In most situations these people would fall under some kind of OCD issue i think because they are funny to watch at the tables.

There is a member on here who has this kind of thing going on, also has youtube videos showing ultra slow dice rolling.



I am sure you keep rigorous and detailed written records so you can prove beyond a doubt this is not selective memory or confirmation bias. Please share the data at your earliest convenience.
Laymedown
Laymedown
Joined: Nov 15, 2017
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 264
March 26th, 2018 at 3:47:35 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Ooo. It just got hotter in here.



When it comes to the game of craps, We need to keep it hot for as long as we can because when the table gets cold due to a bus load of tourists and random shooters, we need to be there to heat things up again.
Sorry for my many daily posts. I am a retired professional and I love to chat about gambling. I also enjoy reading and can't help but to reply to some fantastic articles.
Laymedown
Laymedown
Joined: Nov 15, 2017
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 264
March 26th, 2018 at 3:53:04 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

I am sure you keep rigorous and detailed written records so you can prove beyond a doubt this is not selective memory or confirmation bias. Please share the data at your earliest convenience.



No need to keep records. Every regular shooter that plays craps for more than 3 times a week can easily have a visual and determine how their day will go at the tables.

The more you stay, the more you play, the more you learn about what your outcome will be like.

A good example is the member IBEATYOURACES how he tends to turn off his bets when he see's a dice setter shooting at the table. To him, he is convinced that this style of play works for him.
Sorry for my many daily posts. I am a retired professional and I love to chat about gambling. I also enjoy reading and can't help but to reply to some fantastic articles.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1087
  • Posts: 18532
March 26th, 2018 at 7:22:16 PM permalink
Quote: Laymedown

A good example is the member IBEATYOURACES how he tends to turn off his bets when he see's a dice setter shooting at the table. To him, he is convinced that this style of play works for him.



His cover has just been blown.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
discflicker
discflicker
Joined: Jan 1, 2011
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 439
March 26th, 2018 at 7:30:12 PM permalink
Quote: Laymedown

No need to keep records. Every regular shooter that plays craps for more than 3 times a week can easily have a visual and determine how their day will go at the tables.

The more you stay, the more you play, the more you learn about what your outcome will be like.



The perfect casino customer! Do you also have a strategy? How do you use a good dice setter to make you money? Do you play more aggressively when you see someone setting the dice?
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.

  • Jump to: