Thread Rating:

valoem
valoem
  • Threads: 7
March 7th, 2016 at 12:23:58 PM permalink
I'm gonna ask here too cause it looks like discussion moved to this thread. On the C-E bet if you bet $2 on the C-E and the shooter hit 11 do you get 7:1 on the $2 so $14 + your $2 back for $16 total or 7:1 on $2 plus $1 (half your bet) to get $15, $14 plus $1 back?

I am trying to make sure the information on Wikipedia is correct.
DeMango
DeMango 
  • Threads: 24
March 7th, 2016 at 1:03:26 PM permalink
Quote: valoem

I am trying to make sure the information on Wikipedia is correct.

So how about going to the Wizard of Odds pages on Craps? Instead of asking what has already been answered? Screw Wikipedia, you have the expert right on these sites.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 277
March 7th, 2016 at 1:58:05 PM permalink
I think Miss Sally is throwing some curve balls.
"Baccarat is a game whereby the croupier gathers in money with a flexible sculling oar, then rakes it home. If I could have borrowed his oar I would have stayed." .......... Mark Twain
valoem
valoem
  • Threads: 7
March 7th, 2016 at 2:18:17 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

So how about going to the Wizard of Odds pages on Craps? Instead of asking what has already been answered? Screw Wikipedia, you have the expert right on these sites.

Answer is not on there for C and E bet
eclectic
eclectic
  • Threads: 8
March 7th, 2016 at 2:26:50 PM permalink
My guess at this stage is that by laying odds after the come out point, she doesn't have to worry about the:

7, 11, or 12

Also, a lot less hassle w/chips instead of constantly putting dual bets on the P/DP line + another DC (which she thinks is a bad bet).

Now application of said strategy regards the when and how to bet is a different matter.

Patrick claims there isn't that much difference except the vig for the lay, but of course I'd like to hear from her: or others.
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 20
March 7th, 2016 at 2:52:03 PM permalink
Quote: rushdl

Lets see, first point has a 59.6% chance of losing 59/99. Ill stop there.

when the point established is a 4 or 10
it has a 66.67% chance of losing
I am slightly over 73% lifetime winning me Lay4 or Lay10 bets
(that is due to my skill level in knowing WHEN to bet, not HOW to bet)

The 5 or 9 has a 60% chance to lose
so sweet

the 6 or 8 are nothing real special
but still lose at a rate of 54.5%

no one can force me to Lay against every point.
I am a professional and pick my spots

S Wong
math and gambling expert, imo of course, knows

"knowing HOW and WHEN to place your bets is a workable skill
that can greatly influence how much money you get to take home"

nuff said
I still made my millions just playing the pass with 345x odds after the negotiation.

Lay bets always win on any 7 where the
dpass and dcome can win or lose on a 7

I have way more fun making Lay bets
luck has nothing to do with that
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
eclectic
eclectic
  • Threads: 8
March 7th, 2016 at 4:52:46 PM permalink
Thank you Sally for your reply. As you probably know, Patrick discusses both the Do/Don't dual bet on the comeout versus the ricochet lay bet after the comeout.
Also, when playing the right side, he claims there are advantages to Place betting versus Come betting, based mostly on choices and flexibility. It would appear you have adopted that philosophy for playing the don't side. Are you a DI, or is it just intuition when deciding when? The 3,4,5x odds strategy, as I understand it, not only reduces the HE, but also the swings or volatility in the equity curve/bankroll.
rushdl
rushdl
  • Threads: 9
March 7th, 2016 at 4:55:21 PM permalink
That was for ANY point thrown instead of "a" specific one.
I run my calcs off a different line of thinking , but real close. Too bad odius has me figuring about half this is BS, Haha. But math knows. You should answer my other question though I need a bit of help on how you think you would be betting those lays. How much you putting on a lay4 lay5 or lay6?

site gave me this for "Place To Lose":
Pay off are usually 5 to 11 (4 or 10), 5 to 8 (5 or 9), 4 to 5 (6 or 8) is what the internet said. And they have terrible odds best being 1.82 worst being 3.03.
But
Pay off 5 to 10 (4 or 10) 5% vig, 4 to 6 (5 or 9) 5% vig, 5 to 6 (6 or 8) 5% vig is what I think we do here. Is that right?
Last edited by: rushdl on Mar 7, 2016
DeMango
DeMango 
  • Threads: 24
March 7th, 2016 at 5:58:23 PM permalink
Quote: valoem

Answer is not on there for C and E bet

Bets not bet. It is a two bet bet.

Really? No Any Craps? No mention of Horn Bets including the yo? No mention that if you make different multiple one roll bets one may lose?
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 6
March 8th, 2016 at 12:18:19 AM permalink
Quote: eclectic

Thank you Sally for your reply. As you probably know, Patrick discusses both the Do/Don't dual bet on the comeout versus the ricochet lay bet after the comeout.
Also, when playing the right side, he claims there are advantages to Place betting versus Come betting, based mostly on choices and flexibility. It would appear you have adopted that philosophy for playing the don't side. Are you a DI, or is it just intuition when deciding when? The 3,4,5x odds strategy, as I understand it, not only reduces the HE, but also the swings or volatility in the equity curve/bankroll.

but john patrick is clueless.....following his ramblings would be like listening to guatemala's plans for world domination.
get second you pig

• Jump to: