Madbse
Madbse
Joined: Jul 2, 2017
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 4
July 2nd, 2017 at 8:54:58 PM permalink
6 decks continuous shuffler
Double on first 2 cards, hard 9,10,11
Split to 3 hands, except A's
Double after split
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 4374
July 2nd, 2017 at 9:14:19 PM permalink
My local casino just made all their $5 tables the exact rules of free bet blackjack but without the free bet. I laughed really hard when I saw this and the players don't even care.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
July 2nd, 2017 at 9:26:28 PM permalink
Quote: Madbse

6 decks continuous shuffler
Double on first 2 cards, hard 9,10,11
Split to 3 hands, except A's
Double after split


Before the push 22, I get a house edge of 2.09%. The push 22 adds 6.91% to that for a total HE of about 9%! Someone can recheck for me.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
RogerKint
RogerKint
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1910
July 2nd, 2017 at 10:15:37 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Before the push 22, I get a house edge of 2.09%. The push 22 adds 6.91% to that for a total HE of about 9%! Someone can recheck for me.



100% risk of ruin
phydeaux
phydeaux
Joined: Jul 2, 2017
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 4
July 2nd, 2017 at 11:04:10 PM permalink
On the other side of the coin my local casino Hollywood Indiana Lawrenceberg, seems to have reversed course on some of the BJ games. They took out the 6:5, even tho there was decent action due to a 5$ min, and have added in the "tri-lux" bonus bet.
Two bets actually. Traditional 21+3, and the "super" version, were it pays "cubed" for a suited straight flush, 3OAK, and something else, I have forgotten what. but the payout for a suited 3oak is a nice 270:1
I hate the +3 part of the game so I am not sure on the edges on the bet. Im sure the normal +3 is unchanged but the trilux I have no idea on. You MUSTS make the regular +3 bet to make the trilux bet. They have added a couple new tables to implement these new bonus games, and are currently a 6 deck shoe game. Oh, to be sure you can still find the dreaded CSM, but they now seem to be less than 50% of the games at this point.
I am sure that will change at some point, but for now, if you can put up with the +3 crap, you can find an ok shoe game there.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
July 3rd, 2017 at 5:48:22 AM permalink
Quote: Madbse

I encountered this version of blackjack in my travels and it just seems horrible.

H17
6-5 blackjack
22 for dealer all hands are stand-off except bj.

The only benefit for player is that it is a low limit table.

This is not in Las Vegas.
Interested to hear thoughts on this abomination of a game.

Thanks



In this case you should be fine putting the location of this out there. I doubt there will be a rush of AP's flying in to kill the action.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 4139
July 3rd, 2017 at 8:28:29 AM permalink
Is that worse than all those Indian casino BJ games where you have to pay 50 cents a hand to even play?
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 1978
July 3rd, 2017 at 9:45:29 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Is that worse than all those Indian casino BJ games where you have to pay 50 cents a hand to even play?



If you only bet $5 it is. And I see people do it.

The Indian casinos in OK charge $0.50 per $50. So you can reduce the edge from the ante to 1% with proper betting. (I still won't play it)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 8690
July 3rd, 2017 at 1:35:22 PM permalink
Decades ago was at a charity event. House won ties.......
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 2176
July 3rd, 2017 at 1:47:01 PM permalink
I remember a decade ago where the Rio in Vegas had a SD game where blackjack paid even money. People played that too.

  • Jump to: