Thread Rating:

PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 16
August 4th, 2017 at 10:26:08 PM permalink
I can't believe how much time you've spent on this, it's actually really good lol. I would watch this!
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 8
August 5th, 2017 at 8:11:16 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I think the movie goes straight to streaming. Rotten Tomatoes will give it a 20%. Or less.

Giovanni Ribisi plays Mark Frissora, CEO of Caesars Entertainment.
Ken Jeong plays "Guy Lo", the comedic president of the Chinese card making factory.
Steve Buscemi plays "Tony Burducci" the Director of Table Games at Bellagio
ZenKing played of course by Jonah Hill. We'll name is character "Leo" with a nickname of "Lucky"
We'll throw in Hayden Panettiere as Leo's love interest.

I think Ribisi, Buscemi and Jeong would be great fits but I don't know about Hill. I've been getting more of a Jay Baruchel vibe from ZK.

A more intriguing question is who plays the forum members who attended the July get-together. This is clearly a key scene so casting the right actors for the parts of Romes, Axel, Monet, etc is important.
Another scene worth including is OnceDear trying to make good on his offer to lift the curse. I'm thinking we couldn't do better than Christopher Walken:
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 270
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
August 5th, 2017 at 10:40:25 AM permalink

I envision a scene where ZK takes out all of the money and puts it in his shoes and drives across America in with the cash in his shoes. He gets pulled over in Texas of course for a "broken taillight" and the police ask to search his car. He refuses and he gets taken to a holding cell where they take his car apart. But they never search his shoes, and he leaves a day later, paranoia intact, with the sweaty money in his shoes.

Might I suggest a twist?

They search his shoes and find the money.

Upon inspection they note that not only are the bills counterfeit, they are all encrusted with cocaine.

The cops tear ZK's ricer apart and find a few ounces of heavily cut cocaine.

The movie ends on a fade-out of a sadistic jail guard beating a restrained ZK with a billy club, saying "Bad boy!"

I'd pay good money to see it, if only to catch the happy ending.
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 62
Thanks for this post from:
PokerGrinder
August 5th, 2017 at 10:59:43 AM permalink
I think you are the first who thinks this saga ends with any sort of happy ending.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
August 5th, 2017 at 11:23:56 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

The movie ends on a fade-out of a sadistic jail guard

And in a twist of irony , that jail guard once worked in the very same Chinese prison where pre-shuffled decks of cards with king of diamonds missing were made
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 270
August 5th, 2017 at 11:34:17 AM permalink
Quote: michael99000

And in a twist of irony , that jail guard once worked in the very same Chinese prison where pre-shuffled decks of cards with king of diamonds missing were made

The circle is now complete.
"What, me worry?"
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 16
August 5th, 2017 at 1:50:19 PM permalink
I think people learn from their mistakes.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 62
August 5th, 2017 at 2:53:13 PM permalink
Some people do learn from their mistakes. Other blame others or outside forces for their own shortcomings.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 80
August 5th, 2017 at 7:11:50 PM permalink

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
  • Threads: 23
August 12th, 2017 at 6:48:56 PM permalink
-2330 / 117 hours

LOL. I swear i have to be the best counter in the world. Itxs alright i dont need to hit EV ever. Why would i need to hit EV? You know 1000 hours and 39k profit to show for it is so amazing right. Its alright instead of hitting EV i rather be down -1 SD after 1000 hours. God fuxkin bless me. Nobody on this forum knows what it feels like to run so bad. Not one. Dont even care, not even witchcraft can stop me. I was obviously put into this world for one reason and thats to be tortured. Surprised i still have both of my legs at this point or even both of my arms
Wong Halves Full Indices ------------ LoneWoLF

• Jump to: