Thread Rating:

MrGoldenSun
MrGoldenSun
  • Threads: 3
July 1st, 2016 at 3:53:12 PM permalink
Quote: dutchman

So let's say you sit at a table with no knowledge of what the current count is. What number do you start off at?

Zero if you're using hi/lo. The thread "rookie card counter" in this forum addresses this question in more detail.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 5th, 2016 at 7:14:06 AM permalink

So let's say you sit at a table with no knowledge of what the current count is. What number do you start off at?

0 (I use Hi/Low). I simply modify the number of cards "behind the cut card" to accommodate for cards already in the discard rack, as I'll never have the opportunity to play or record them.

Quote: MrGoldenSun

Zero if you're using hi/lo. The thread "rookie card counter" in this forum addresses this question in more detail.

Yeah there's a lot more explanation there!

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/blackjack/26097-rookie-card-counter-question/2/#post539291
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
dutchman
dutchman
  • Threads: 7
July 9th, 2016 at 8:10:41 PM permalink
Sorry guys,

I had forgotten I already asked that question in another post. Never post in forums when you're drunk lol.

Another question though: Is there a good forum just for card counters where you can meet and form teams? I've got a long way to go but I like the idea of playing as part of a team before branching out on my own. I've tried the blackjack forum but forums specific to card counting are for paid subscribers only and there's something off with the site and I can't subscribe to it.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 9th, 2016 at 8:58:30 PM permalink
You've pretty much got to prove yourself as a player befrore you can join a team. Unless you know people. There are a lot of scammers out there. There be sharks in those waters.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
July 9th, 2016 at 9:11:35 PM permalink

Sorry guys,

I had forgotten I already asked that question in another post. Never post in forums when you're drunk lol.

Another question though: Is there a good forum just for card counters where you can meet and form teams? I've got a long way to go but I like the idea of playing as part of a team before branching out on my own. I've tried the blackjack forum but forums specific to card counting are for paid subscribers only and there's something off with the site and I can't subscribe to it.

You say you've got a long way to go. You should get proficient at card counting, money management, learning what you can get away with, index plays, etc., before you join a team. I would think that no team would want to nurse you through the basics.
  • Jump to: