• Threads: 441
January 2nd, 2014 at 9:59:04 PM permalink
double
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 2nd, 2014 at 9:59:06 PM permalink
I'll bet that floormen/shift managers will generally say "counting??!! No such thing, of course!!

Not once have they said that. They say things like:
Do whatever you want, or It's OK with me, or Count
you head off, or Why should I care. Not one of them
has ever pretended not to know what it is. You
still miss the point. Even if they said What's that?
They still aren't telling me it's against the rules, like
you say it is. And they never will, Dan, because it's
not against the rules and you know it.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 2nd, 2014 at 10:01:46 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

I know some [floormen who count] too. Knew a floormen who pinched and cap bets very well.
There are priests who molested children.

Not really. You see, the point here is that NO occupation defines morality or is moral, from gaming to religion to law and medicine.

You are 100% correct here Dan. The question is why do you define morality as you do time and time again with the labels that you attach?
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 2nd, 2014 at 10:02:38 PM permalink
Quote: paigowdan

I'll bet that floormen/shift managers will generally say "counting??!! No such thing, of course!!

your head off, or Why should I care. Not one of them
still miss the point. Even if they said What's that?
you say it is. And they never will, Dan, because it's
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
January 2nd, 2014 at 10:24:43 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I know some [floormen who count] too. Knew a floormen who pinched and cap bets very well.
There are priests who molested children.

Not really. You see, the point here is that NO occupation defines morality or is moral, from gaming to religion to law and medicine.

You are 100% correct here Dan. The question is why do you define morality as you do time and time again with the labels that you attach?

I don't define morality.
I describe a POV that makes sense to me, and I describe it.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
January 2nd, 2014 at 10:31:56 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

your head off, or Why should I care. Not one of them
still miss the point.

How seriously is a floorman supposed to take someone who walks in off the street and yaps about AP and counting, and how seriously are you supposed to take them, really.
If you're a problem at their property you get dealt with according to their guidelines, and if you're not a problem, you can play unencumbered.

Even if they said What's that?
you say it is.

Why would they tell you squat about anything that relates to their game protection methodology?
You go in, you conduct yourself reasonably, you're fine.

If you're a problem at their property you get dealt with according to their guidelines, and if you're not a problem, you can play unencumbered.

And they never will, Dan, because it's

Clearly, they flat-bet, back off, and 86 people who are in tune with the properties expectations of their conduct, eh?
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 2nd, 2014 at 10:41:37 PM permalink

Clearly, they flat-bet, back off, and 86 people who are in tune with the properties expectations of their conduct, eh?

They do that because they have a problem with
the guy's action, not because counting is against
the rules. Big difference.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
January 3rd, 2014 at 3:16:26 AM permalink
Skellyo,

Did you get the answers you were looking for? Were the 27 (and counting) posts by Paigowdan helpful? If not, perhaps you could start a new thread about Vegas where you could slip in a few blackjack questions as well as any other questions you may have. There are many good, knowledgeable people on this forum who would be happy to share with you.

If you do start another post be sure to word the title differently otherwise you'll be the bad guy for violating Forum Rule 5. Ironic, isn't it?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Skellyo
Skellyo
  • Threads: 3
January 3rd, 2014 at 6:44:47 AM permalink
Cheers for the mass amount of replies the thread a has got, and the back and forth for a bit of entertainment! Haha. I was in work all day yesterday so I've only been reading the posts on my phone. For a first experience communicating to other counters it's been quite an enlightening one. Learnt quite a few useful pointers and what to worry about and what not to so much.

My blackjack set (shoe, felt, chips, shuffler etc) got delivered this morning so getting friends and family member trained as dealers ASAP haha. Practicing with various bankrolls and testing the outcomes. Less pressure practicing with chips rather than my own cash.

I'll definitely be reposting to question certain areas I'm unclear on. I couldn't have recieved much a warmer welcome to the forum and look forward to chatting to everyone some more over the coming months!
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
  • Threads: 13
January 3rd, 2014 at 7:13:11 AM permalink
Check out qfit.com. CVBJ is an excellent product if you are serious about this.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
  • Jump to: