darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 4074
January 8th, 2019 at 9:40:37 PM permalink
Quote: cmlotito

Quote: darkoz

Quote: cmlotito

Ok, a little behind in my updating.

I went Sunday January 6th for the Wheel Of Winners Promotion. Spin the wheel on a kiosk game and win from $50 to $5,000 in free play. I won $100. Not terrible as I rarely ever get over $100. I think $125 was the highest I ever got. Usually it's 50-75 I would get. Also, I at some point today the tracking system didn't track some of my losses so MGM thinks I won $512 more than I actually did. Not sure what happened as neither machine malfunctioned and I always had my players card inserted. yet at the end when I went to reconcile the cash I had on me with what my spread sheet had recorded compared to what the M-Life website said I should have won, there was a $512 discrepancy. I had a $2,031 discrepancy last year but that happened when a machine crashed on me so I can understand that. This however baffles me.

Now as for the play, I played a lot on the 6th. Started off really well then tapered off. Here is what I got.

Jackpot 6 January 6, 2019
$10,000

Video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e874dKLPYGg

Jackpot 7 January 6, 2019
$2,240


jackpot 8 January 6, 2019
$2,240


Jackpot 9 January 6, 2019
$2,030


Jackpot 10 January 6, 2019
$2,000


I did $168,378 coin bringing my 4 trip daily average to $361,809/4=$90,452 per day



So $90,000 gambling per day

Well over a quarter million dollars in gambling

You get $100 in freeplay

Hmmmm....



$100 was from a kiosk game.

Currently I get $175 a week

The $350 was from a 1 day mystery free play that could range from 60 to 10,000

I'm posting my coin in and the average per day it gets me because I'm sure there are people here who are curious how that will translate to weekly free play a month or 2 from now.



From the numbers you have posted I predict very little change in 2 months.

Within 3-4 months it may go down slightly

Of course there is more gambling to be done so those estimates may change
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 4074
January 8th, 2019 at 9:43:53 PM permalink
I suppose the real question is what changes to freeplay are you hoping for?
cmlotito
cmlotito
Joined: Jun 3, 2013
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 300
January 8th, 2019 at 9:46:11 PM permalink
I think my average per day will be higher but my overall coin in per month may not be as high as the last 3 months of 2018. Time will tell.
cmlotito
cmlotito
Joined: Jun 3, 2013
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 300
January 8th, 2019 at 9:47:34 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I suppose the real question is what changes to freeplay are you hoping for?



I honestly have no idea what to expect. What I hope for would be more freeplay per week.
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 390
January 9th, 2019 at 2:15:16 PM permalink
I am not sure how Free Play is calculated at the place where you are playing.

Several properties I have worked for calculate a 3 month average, not including the last month and base all offers on that.

Example: January offer is based on Sep-Oct-Nov. They cannot base it on December, or they would not be able to notify you in time for the first day of the month. That cushion month is used for lead time for marketing etc.

The good news, when your play finally does fall off, it will be at least 1 month before you notice any effect on your offers. If you don't play at all in February, your March offer should not be affected.

Having said all that, I could be 100% wrong in your individual case.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 220
  • Posts: 6037
January 10th, 2019 at 3:23:17 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

I am not sure how Free Play is calculated at the place where you are playing.

Several properties I have worked for calculate a 3 month average, not including the last month and base all offers on that.

Example: January offer is based on Sep-Oct-Nov. They cannot base it on December, or they would not be able to notify you in time for the first day of the month. That cushion month is used for lead time for marketing etc.

The good news, when your play finally does fall off, it will be at least 1 month before you notice any effect on your offers. If you don't play at all in February, your March offer should not be affected.

Having said all that, I could be 100% wrong in your individual case.



For bigger players, do they look more closely at the coin-in pattern, or do they tend to ignore patterns and just look at totals per measuring period?
Voice of the Announcer: Meanwhile, at an abandoned gold mine, a sinister figure lurks. Snidley Whiplash: I love to lurk. It's so me
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 390
Thanks for this post from:
Ayecarumba
January 10th, 2019 at 4:22:51 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

For bigger players, do they look more closely at the coin-in pattern, or do they tend to ignore patterns and just look at totals per measuring period?



Bigger players will usually be dealing directly with a host. The formulas are for the masses who receive either a mailer or an e-mail telling them how much free play they will receive.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 12575
January 10th, 2019 at 4:37:30 PM permalink
Quote: FCBLComish

Bigger players will usually be dealing directly with a host. The formulas are for the masses who receive either a mailer or an e-mail telling them how much free play they will receive.



Acknowledging your much better knowledge, I will add that my 2 main hosts at 2 different companies were always able to override and augment my RFB and comps, and encouraged me to call them before coming. Like, Harrahs computer limited me to 5 nights once, but I was there for 8. The reservation agents were not empowered to change it. All I had to do was call my host and he overrode it in advance. They would also offer unadvertised tickets they happened to have on hand, add folio comps, and other things.

However, I never had one directly offer extra freeplay or cage cash so either I didn't rate discretionary money or they didn't have that capability.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 390
January 10th, 2019 at 4:41:16 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Acknowledging your much better knowledge, I will add that my 2 main hosts at 2 different companies were always able to override and augment my RFB and comps, and encouraged me to call them before coming. Like, Harrahs computer limited me to 5 nights once, but I was there for 8. The reservation agents were not empowered to change it. All I had to do was call my host and he overrode it in advance. They would also offer unadvertised tickets they happened to have on hand, add folio comps, and other things.

However, I never had one directly offer extra freeplay or cage cash so either I didn't rate discretionary money or they didn't have that capability.



Not sure about CET, but we can give out discretionary Slot Free Play and/or TG Promo Chips.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 2782
January 10th, 2019 at 4:44:14 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Acknowledging your much better knowledge, I will add that my 2 main hosts at 2 different companies were always able to override and augment my RFB and comps, and encouraged me to call them before coming. Like, Harrahs computer limited me to 5 nights once, but I was there for 8. The reservation agents were not empowered to change it. All I had to do was call my host and he overrode it in advance. They would also offer unadvertised tickets they happened to have on hand, add folio comps, and other things.

However, I never had one directly offer extra freeplay or cage cash so either I didn't rate discretionary money or they didn't have that capability.



My Caesars host back when I was Diamond did the same. I used to get comped way more than my offers stated that I should. He used to take care of everything when I checked out. We became friends and I found out when he quit Caesars that other hosts weren't as nice lol. I was informed that my account showed I was at 550% comp (by the new host) meaning that I had been comped 5.5 times more than I should have lol. I guess Andrew was very good to me.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston

  • Jump to: