TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
April 7th, 2011 at 1:48:14 PM permalink
I know for every craps player on this board, is probably a different style of play.
What "system" do you use?
I know for myself personally, I start out with a $500 bankroll and I play a $5 game with 3/4/5 odds and backend commission.
Passline for $5 with 3/4/5x at all times.
Place the 6/8 for $24 if the point is 6/8.
Place the 6&8 for $12 if the point is OTHER than 6/8.
As soon as I collect a $28 win, I'll add $2 to it and buy the 4, then the 10 (if the roll lasts long enough) for $30 ($60 win for $1 backend commission)
I'll get a $100 rate, as if everything works out, I had $25 average PL bet with $24 average 6/8 and $60 average 4/10. (Like I said, I don't always make it to having ALL the numbers like that)
Starts out with less than 1%, then 1.5%, then 1.11%. So my max HA I'm against is 1.5%...not bad
On 6/8 I won't press to more than $24 until I have all my numbers covered, then they get full presses after every other hit; same with 4/10 ($24 -> $48; $30 -> $60)
It gets bloody confusing as to what has hit and what hasn't, so I usually ask the dealer to borrow some of the BUY/LAY lammers to help me remember which have hit and which are ready to press.
I usually only play for about 5 hours a day, friday/saturday night only, and get $100 in comps each day.
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 7th, 2011 at 2:27:32 PM permalink
A better thread title might be WHY do you play craps
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 7th, 2011 at 2:27:59 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

I know for every craps player on this board, is probably a different style of play.

If I think there will be a long roll I use a "modified iron cross."

Wait for a point of 5/6/8 then take at least 1xs odds.
Place the remaining 5/6/8 for 2 units.
Play the field for 1 unit.

6 rolls or more breaks even.

Guy once tipped me $20 for showing it to him.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Ericayne
Ericayne
  • Threads: 0
April 7th, 2011 at 2:45:05 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

If I think there will be a long roll I use a "modified iron cross...."

What if you don't think there will be a long roll?
How do you determine whether or not a particular shooter is going to go off??
The grip??
The swag??
Virgin female roller??
Do tell!!
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
April 7th, 2011 at 3:07:00 PM permalink
Quote: Ericayne

Virgin female roller??
Do tell!!

You know...like 9 times outta 10, a "Virgin" female shooter will be hot her FIRST time; however, I can spot a "Virgin" female shooter who WON'T be hot (Can't take a simple direction and throw the dice properly)
Seriously, how the hell hard is it to throw two dice down the middle of the table without hitting the dealers/stacks of chips/going off the table.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 7th, 2011 at 3:11:42 PM permalink
>I play a $5 game with 3/4/5 odds
Sounds good, but I usually only have a ten dollar table available to me.
>and backend commission.
I assume you are referring to Buy Bets. I rarely buy any numbers so its not likely I'd even know their commission rules on this.
>Passline for $5 with 3/4/5x at all times.
I'm often playing the Don'ts. And I swear each time I will remember to go full odds but quite often don't do it.
>Place the 6&8 for $12
Yep, but usually only if the point is neither six nor eight. I rarely press it but am thinking of changing my ways.
I tend to leave my place bets up.
>I usually only play for about 5 hours a day, friday/saturday night only,
4 hours a session, two or three sessions a day. Morning, Afternoon and Evening.
Friday and Saturday nights tends to get too crowded and the limits usually go way up.
dwm
dwm
  • Threads: 33
April 7th, 2011 at 9:32:47 PM permalink
Here is something different than the common pass-odds and 6 and 8 place bets that everyone seems to recommend or the ole 3 point molly with pass-odds and two come bets with odds. Expect better results most sessions with this one:

Start out the new shooter with $5 pass then $10 odds and place 6 OR 8 at $12. So two bets only to start, pass-odds and 6 or 8. WAIT for a hit before proceeding furthur. If get a hit on one of these two bets, then after the next box number is rolled then place it, and continue the same as each new box number is rolled then place it, until all the boxes are covered with place bets and the pass-odds with $10,12 bets. $600 day bankroll. This is a good one, most sessions...
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
April 7th, 2011 at 9:42:37 PM permalink
I don't quite understand what you mean by place the number after it rolls...
Also, placing the 5 or 9 is more than a 2% HA...I'd be better to just play the field...
clarkacal
clarkacal
  • Threads: 42
April 8th, 2011 at 12:05:21 AM permalink
The craps strategy I have used for quite awhile is this:

-Find a table with the highest Xodds I can

-Bet my minimum on the pass line

-Back up with full odds when a point is established

-Once two points have been made which include at least one four or ten, or a combination of two fives and nines, I will then double my pass line bet on the next come out roll, and start a new point cycle. When two points have been made which don't include a 4 or 10 or two 5s and/or 9s another point must be made before I double the pass line bet (8,5,6 or 6,6,8 etc.).

I realize this has no effect on HE but I find it much more exciting than betting the same amount every time, and it has smaller bankroll swings than betting pass line with come bets. You would be amazed at how many times you will still be standing or ahead after all the come and place bettors have gone broke.

This also takes advantage of one of the beautiful characteristics of craps; with every roll of the dice you get the thrill of gambling, but only a few of them actually result in a decision.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 8th, 2011 at 12:40:48 AM permalink

I don't quite understand what you mean by place the number after it rolls.

Most dealers will automatically move your place bet to a sister number on the assumption that you do not want to both Place the point number and have your PassLine bet be on the Point number since the PassLine bet is at a lower house edge.
Although I sometimes make Across place bets and more frequently will Place The Inside Numbers, I usually just Place the 6 and 8 or often just place the 6.
I'll also make Field Bets despite their poor house edge.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 8th, 2011 at 2:38:01 AM permalink
I stick strictly to the pass line with max odds adding come bets with odds at times, sometimes going to the dark side on it all though. Currently I tend to like to skip the next bet after a come-out craps or a seven out. This to foil the dastardly plot the dice have going on, which is pure superstition of course. It does seem to increase my enjoyment to follow something like that, I just make sure it is harmless superstition.

I anticipate getting a rare chance at a real craps table in a few days. I'm thinking come bets while I have action on the pass line will be rare; I havent been able to get much info on table limits, but the minimum probably won't be to my liking at the craps table. I'm afraid I find no solace in calculating the still measly EV cost per bet, as for my own experience the variance in the way I play is enormous and dominating. It'll just have to go well early or it'll be the end of my craps play pronto.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
April 8th, 2011 at 3:45:37 AM permalink
I used to buy in with $400 with a $200 loss limit (sometimes violated...we are here because we gamble, right?) but grew uncomfortable with the results when no one could seem to roll a point. I lost too quickly... I switched to buying in for $100 and walking away if it does not turn out well. Take a couple of hours off and then back to the table. It seems to work out better and I am more relaxed when I play...

$5 (or less table)--pass line bet backed up with $10-$30 then one or two come bets backed with similar odds. For a change of pace, I may place the 6/8 for $12-$24 and then just do the pass line bet. If a roll goes well, I spread the chips a little more and may end up with all numbers covered and the 4/10 bought BUT that only happens when I am ahead on the roll and using the money I have won to make those bets. Playing this way, it is really fun to take $100 to $1100 (this happened on my last trip and one time before recently) over a few hours and just not as bad when the $100 is lost. Anywhere in between is a good time!!

$10 (or more table)--wait for $5 table OR place 6/8 for minimum correct amount. I know the dice and odds are the same on a $10 dollar table but I have NEVER done well on one. I know that all the "variables" (time of play, buy-in, bets, etc.) don't match but to say I have never done well on one when a couple of 6/8's would make it work out makes me not like playing on this kind of table. I have also tried pass line/odds but the results are the same.

I did play the "don't" for a little bit my last trip...that was different for me...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 8th, 2011 at 5:04:56 AM permalink
Quote: Ericayne

What if you don't think there will be a long roll?
How do you determine whether or not a particular shooter is going to go off??
The grip??
The swag??
Virgin female roller??
Do tell!!

If they grip and throw it as though they have at least heard of how dice influence is supposed to work; if they are throwing in a way that appears less random; if *I* am the shooter. Those are the items I look for.

We can debate if dice influence is real or not, but what cannot be debated is that if a person is not trying then there is no chance they are trying.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
April 8th, 2011 at 8:37:42 AM permalink

If they grip and throw it as though they have at least heard of how dice influence is supposed to work; if they are throwing in a way that appears less random; if *I* am the shooter. Those are the items I look for.
We can debate if dice influence is real or not, but what cannot be debated is that if a person is not trying then there is no chance they are trying.

It's not even that..it's just the simple fact that if she says "I've never thrown the dice before." and everyone says "Well, pick them up with index/ring/thumb and lob them down there." Yet they STILL can't get them to the end of the table, or they go off the table; they may just be retarded and unlucky.
I've often found the case to be, women are better shooters because of their softer touch...I had a gf once that I tought to shoot dice..she was better than me, without a doubt! I KID YOU NOT, no matter what, she'd at LEAST hit 6 and 8 once per hand...just too bad she was a wacko.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 8th, 2011 at 8:48:19 AM permalink

IYet they STILL can't get them to the end of the table, or they go off the table; they may just be retarded and unlucky.

Don't get me started, at the Monte Carlo Nights I have gotten to the point where I will let them hold the dice and throw the table at them! Just make some dice hit a wall 3-4' away, seems simple, no? Dice make it only halfway, dice go across the table then across the room, dice knock every chip out of place. For crying out loud, how hard is it to throw a pair of dice? While I am on it, how hard is it to understand touching them with only one hand and "shaking" them in two hands is not one hand?

I'm not getting to be a burned out dealer, am I?
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 8th, 2011 at 12:15:18 PM permalink
Quote: dwm

Start out the new shooter with $5 pass then $10 odds and place 6 OR 8 at $12. So two bets only to start, pass-odds and 6 or 8. WAIT for a hit before proceeding furthur. If get a hit on one of these two bets, then after the next box number is rolled then place it, and continue the same as each new box number is rolled then place it, until all the boxes are covered with place bets and the pass-odds with $10,12 bets. $600 day bankroll. This is a good one, most sessions...

I don't quite understand what you mean by place the number after it rolls...

I think what dwm means is to wait for a "box" number (4,5,6,8,9,10) to be rolled (except one of them will already be the shooter's point), then place a bet on it (in hopes that it will repeat).

Also, placing the 5 or 9 is more than a 2% HA...I'd be better to just play the field...

You could, but the field is a one roll bet, and if a 5, 6 or 8 is rolled, you will lose it. This bet progression is predicated on lots of repeating "box" numbers.

The question for dwm is, do you take the place bet down after it hits, same bet, or press?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
aahigh
aahigh
  • Threads: 3
April 8th, 2011 at 1:12:42 PM permalink
The way I play craps is that I come up, and if there is a big 6 and big 8 .. I bet my entire stack of 20 red chips on there. If the dealer tries to give me advice, I cut off the dealer mid sentence by yelling "EVERYTHING DOWN!!!!" at the top of my lungs and sort of curse under my breath if he tells me to service myself, or whatever they are saying there.

If I win that, I bet the entire $200 on ANY SEVEN .. if they pay me with 20 red chips (which they only have done once and they learned their lesson quickly) .. I throw all 40 chips in the center at once to make a big scene. If the dealer tries to talk me into dirty 3-way sex (which they usually don't, but it's happened a time or two, not sure why dealers want to do 3-ways with an old man like me), I do my "EVERYTHING DOWN" yell again, and just leave.

These dealers act like they know stuff, but none of them do.

I say free odds are for beggars who like factory seconds. I bet like a man!!!!! WITH RECKLESS FREAKING ANNOYING AS POSSIBLE ABANDON!!!!
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 8th, 2011 at 1:19:20 PM permalink
Quote: aahigh

The way I play craps is that I come up, and if there is a big 6 and big 8 .. I bet my entire stack of 20 red chips on there. If the dealer tries to give me advice, I cut off the dealer mid sentence by yelling "EVERYTHING DOWN!!!!" at the top of my lungs and sort of curse under my breath if he tells me to service myself, or whatever they are saying there.

If I win that, I bet the entire $200 on ANY SEVEN .. if they pay me with 20 red chips (which they only have done once and they learned their lesson quickly) .. I throw all 40 chips in the center at once to make a big scene. If the dealer tries to talk me into dirty 3-way sex (which they usually don't, but it's happened a time or two, not sure why dealers want to do 3-ways with an old man like me), I do my "EVERYTHING DOWN" yell again, and just leave.

I say free odds are for beggars who like factory seconds. I bet like a man!!!!! WITH RECKLESS FREAKING ANNOYING AS POSSIBLE ABANDON!!!!

Saaay... I recognize that system... I'm pretty sure I saw you in action at the El Cortez on any first or third Saturday of the month...
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
dwm
dwm
April 8th, 2011 at 9:23:28 PM permalink
Here it is spelled out again: $5 pass and $10 odds and place the 6 OR 8 at $12. Wait for a hit on the pass-odds or the 6,8place bet before proceeding furthur. IF get a hit, then start place betting each box number after it is rolled. Meaning if a 5 is now rolled, then now place the 5 at $10. If a 10 is rolled, then place the 10 at $10, etc. Similar to a come bet after it travels but place it instead. On some rolls will end up with across place action along with the pass-odds. No pressing, and no regressions, just level dollar bets. Another good $200 win tonight, any furthur questions, let me know.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 10th, 2011 at 4:52:39 PM permalink
$5 on the line, $10 odds, $5 come bet, $10 odds no matter what the number.

Fun for me.

Sometimes make a third/fourth come bet with $10 odds if the roll has been going on for a long time.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
April 13th, 2011 at 3:32:36 PM permalink

I've met very few with a BA/BS or better...
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
April 13th, 2011 at 6:21:47 PM permalink
I usually am playing in BC and all the tables are $5 minimum so a $100 to $200 buy-in will usually get me some reasonable action. If the table is cold I will leave for a while and usually take some of my buy-in with me.

I play the pass line for $5 and back it up with $15 odds for 4,6,8 &10 and $10 odds for the 5&9. I will place the 6&8 for $6 after the come out. If one of them is the point I will make a pass line bet for $5 and follow it up with odds as per above. If the place bets on the 6&8 start hitting I will press them 1 unit each time they hit after I have 2 hits on them to get my original bet back.

If the roll continues I will add numbers via more come bets and slowly increase to max odds. If I am lucky enough to get a hot roll once I have a few hits on max odds and have all the numbers covered I will increase the come/pass bet to $10 with max odds. I will keep progressing these bets as long as the roll continues. As I have metioned before on the forum this method has got me to 5 figure wins a few times and 4 figure wins many times.

I can play the same method at a $10 table when I am in Vegas but a few bad rolls wipe-out the $200 in a big hurry. I never play more than a $10 table, too much for my bankroll.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
April 15th, 2011 at 1:58:05 PM permalink
Quote: kenarman

If the roll continues I will add numbers via more come bets and slowly increase to max odds. If I am lucky enough to get a hot roll once I have a few hits on max odds and have all the numbers covered I will increase the come/pass bet to $10 with max odds. I will keep progressing these bets as long as the roll continues. As I have metioned before on the forum this method has got me to 5 figure wins a few times and 4 figure wins many times.

Man, that's pretty conservative to have some four & five digit wins! you must have gotten in on some GOOOOD rolls. Where I play, they consider a 20-minute hand a "good roll".
ponyboy
ponyboy
  • Threads: 21
May 3rd, 2011 at 1:42:08 AM permalink
i dont personally play craps in person, but online with fake money i like to play what i call "bases loaded" i place a bet on EVERYTHING possible on a come out roll, and if it makes a point i fill in the others. and the entire time between every roll i replace the bets again that lost. everything means everything even the sucker bets. the bases are always loaded. i find that doing so "my bank" quickly and easily triples.

i dont place bets on the row of numbers at the top however, rather i let them get filled in by the come and dont come bets i placed.

i have no idea the disadvantage or advantage that this may create, but it has always worked out to where my bank is huge.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
May 3rd, 2011 at 3:37:43 AM permalink
Quote: ponyboy

i dont personally play craps in person, but online with fake money i like to play what i call "bases loaded" ... i have no idea the disadvantage or advantage that this may create, but it has always worked out to where my bank is huge.

Theoretically as WoO disciple you will discontinue that, but maybe not knowing gives you luck. It'd be a better story if you were taking the casinos for a bunch of money [trust me, they love guys who do this and would cheer while you win hoping you will influence all at the table to do the same]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
ponyboy
ponyboy
  • Threads: 21
May 3rd, 2011 at 4:50:37 AM permalink
yeah like i said i have no idea what the advantage or disadvantage is. but it does work for atleast the lucky short term. all games will eventually take you no matter what. even card counting isnt surefire.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 3rd, 2011 at 6:13:12 AM permalink

While I am on it, how hard is it to understand touching them with only one hand and "shaking" them in two hands is not one hand?

You ever tried a more specific instruction? "Pick up, shake and throw the dice with one hand only, do not shake the dice in two hands."
This might keep people from cupping their hands and shaking the dice which seems to be natural for neophytes.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 3rd, 2011 at 6:19:42 AM permalink

if there is a big 6 and big 8 .. I bet my entire stack of 20 red chips on there.
If the dealer tries to give me advice, I cut off the dealer mid sentence ... and sort of curse under my breath.
If I win that, I bet the entire $200 on ANY SEVEN .. if they pay me with 20 red chips . I throw all 40 chips to make a big scene.
I bet like a man!!!!! WITH RECKLESS FREAKING ANNOYING AS POSSIBLE ABANDON!!!!

Sarcasm? Or is this legit?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 3rd, 2011 at 6:33:07 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

$5 on the line, $10 odds, $5 come bet, $10 odds no matter what the number.
Fun for me.

You are essentially playing at a 2x table. Might as well go to SouthPoint.

>Sometimes a third/fourth come bet if the roll has been going on for a long time.
Most rolls are short. If its a long roll, ... instead of that "nth" come bet, why not a Don'tCome bet?

Anyway, the critical part is that "Fun for me".
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
May 3rd, 2011 at 9:02:50 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Sarcasm? Or is this legit?

must be a dealer complaining about a typical idiot
vert1276
vert1276
  • Threads: 70
May 3rd, 2011 at 9:14:43 PM permalink
I play at a casino with $1 min and 10X's odd

I play a $2 P/L will odds($22)
$12 place bet on the 6 and 8 (unless the point is a 6 or 8 then a $24 place bet on which ever is not the point)
when the place bet hits I take $11 of the $14 and make a put bet on the 4 or 10 for $1 will odds($11 bet)
when the 4,10 hit I press $30 back on a buy bet. And I press the 6 and 8 once to $24

So I all goes right I will have $24 on both the 6 and 8 and $30 buy bets on the 4 and 10. And my PL bet of $2 with $20 in odds. I dont press beyond that. just make bet backs but no increase in bet size and never cover the 5 and 9(unless they are the point of course)
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 4th, 2011 at 2:05:29 AM permalink
>I play at a casino with $1 min and 10X's odd
Lucky you. Wow. I'd love a one dollar minimum game.

>So If all goes right I will have $24 on both the 6 and 8 and $30 buy bets on the 4 and 10. And my PL bet of $2 with $20 in odds.
How many rolls would that require: I think that would mean: hitting the six and eight once each, hitting the four and ten twice each and not yet having the shooter either Make his Point or Seven-Out.
How often does that happen?

I usually encounter tables with fairly short rolls and am always so hesitant to re-invest my winnings by pressing my bets. I think I have to learn to press rather than just stay with my LineBet and Odds or the occasional Place the 6/8 for 12 but never press them.
vert1276
vert1276
  • Threads: 70
May 4th, 2011 at 7:33:44 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

>I play at a casino with $1 min and 10X's odd
Lucky you. Wow. I'd love a one dollar minimum game.

>So If all goes right I will have $24 on both the 6 and 8 and $30 buy bets on the 4 and 10. And my PL bet of $2 with $20 in odds.
How many rolls would that require: I think that would mean: hitting the six and eight once each, hitting the four and ten twice each and not yet having the shooter either Make his Point or Seven-Out.
How often does that happen?

I usually encounter tables with fairly short rolls and am always so hesitant to re-invest my winnings by pressing my bets. I think I have to learn to press rather than just stay with my LineBet and Odds or the occasional Place the 6/8 for 12 but never press them.

It happens a lot more then you would think. Of course it rarely happens before I hit the first point. But if I roll two or three points with 6 or 7 rolls to each point, it normally happens. To get that max scenario I only have to hit the 6 and 8 two times each and the 4 and 10 once each. So a total of 6 rolls gets me maxed out(if I roll the right numbers of course). If I make 3 points and have like 25 plus rolls Im normally up $300, And my initial bankroll investment is $46.
dwm
dwm
June 3rd, 2011 at 10:00:05 AM permalink
Fellow crapster diehards, have been netting good results with the following:

New shooter: $5 pass and single odds, and start with inside place bets at $5,6 bets only. If a 4,10 is rolled after the come out, then place the 4 and 10 at the same time. Collect 5 hits, then start on the next hit pressing the sister and the number just rolled until all bets get to the $10,12 level. Then same bet for remainder of the hand. $500 session bankroll. Simple and profitable thusfar and have played it for many hrs at the tables during the past couple of weeks.

Also, if lose $200 at one table which does happen occasionally but not often, have been changing tables or taking a break, this is a trend game so do not lean into the punch..
NandB
NandB
  • Threads: 8
June 3rd, 2011 at 11:34:43 AM permalink
When I choose to toss the dice and bet on them...

Right: $5 Pass $20 back ($15 on 4/10 due to 3,4,5x) + 1 Come bet w/odds (3,4,4x odds)
Wrong: $5 Dont $30 back + 1 DC w/odds (3,4,5x odds)

Occasionally on Come-Outs Chicken and Egggs (Craps-11) Right way: 7-11-12 Wrong way
To err is human. To air is Jordan. To arrr is pirate.
teddys
teddys
June 3rd, 2011 at 1:19:12 PM permalink
It doesn't matter how you bet, it's all about your appetite for variance and how much you want to expose to the house edge. There's no way to win in the long run. (You knew that).

That is the great thing about craps, you can mold the flow of the game in any way you choose. You can do come bets with max odds every roll, or just throw dollars at the hops once in a while.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
June 3rd, 2011 at 1:42:54 PM permalink

Fellow crapster diehards, have been netting good results with the following:

New shooter: $5 pass and single odds, and start with inside place bets at $5,6 bets only. If a 4,10 is rolled after the come out, then place the 4 and 10 at the same time. Collect 5 hits, then start on the next hit pressing the sister and the number just rolled until all bets get to the $10,12 level. Then same bet for remainder of the hand. $500 session bankroll. Simple and profitable thusfar and have played it for many hrs at the tables during the past couple of weeks.

Also, if lose $200 at one table which does happen occasionally but not often, have been changing tables or taking a break, this is a trend game so do not lean into the punch..

So it looks like you go
$10/$11 on the Point
$22/21 inside (so at this point you have $32/33 action)
If 4/10 rolls, you add $10, so you now have $32/31 across
What happens if it goes: (Point Establishing Roll), 4, 11, 12, 7-out ?
BOOM, you're out $43/44 dollars instantly...Few of the same sequence's in a row and your out $200 fast.
For me this system would last about 15 minutes, BOOM, I'm out $200 and taking a break...come back later, quickly repeat the process and another $200...maybe I'm just playing an overly cold table? (May get one hot night per month)
teddys
teddys
June 3rd, 2011 at 1:47:45 PM permalink
Funny game. The only way to win is not to play. Fact: the more action you have, the more you will lose. You will lose more times than you win. The hot roll you are waiting for will never come. If you are going to play for a significant amount of time (lifetime), the best play is ONE pass/don't pass bet with some amount of odds if desired. The next best bet after you have maxed out your odds is a come/don't come bet, again with odds.

Nobody is probably going to play this way (well, except maybe me and a few others on this board), but it's the only way to keep your losses at a reasonable level. Craps players are action junkies. They need to step back and take a look at the bets they are making. Less is more.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
June 3rd, 2011 at 1:58:20 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Nobody is probably going to play this way (well, except maybe me and a few others on this board), but it's the only way to keep your losses at a reasonable level. Craps players are action junkies. They need to step back and take a look at the bets they are making. Less is more.

NO SHIT man! THAT literally sums it up, period. No matter if you toss in hopper hardways, or just play "$xx inside/across", you're wanting ACTION.
wschmrdr
wschmrdr
  • Threads: 0
June 3rd, 2011 at 2:47:02 PM permalink

Typically, I'll bring $300 with me to the table. Start with $200, bring out the 3rd if I'm running low.

WHEN I'M SHOOTING:
Pass Line: Minimum on the line (either $5 or $10), $10 odds (though I may bump up to 15 in the future for a $5 table).
Continuous come bets for the minimum until a seven-out or a point is hit (in which case I revert to the pass line).
$10 odds on 6/8 (though I'm tempted to bump it up to 15 on a $5 table)
$10 odds for 5/9 on a $10 table, $6 odds on a $5 table (though I may bump this up to 10, not sure)
$5 odds for 4/10, regardless of which type of table (may go up to 10 on a $5 table)
If a point is hit, set the odds for the last come and turn them on for my next come-out
Once I get the no-field inside covered, I set up my "modified iron cross" and continuously bet the field for the minimum.
dwm
dwm
June 4th, 2011 at 9:51:13 AM permalink
Tim: I start off with $5 pass then single odds. If the initial point is an inside number, then just place the remaining inside numbers, so $16,17 inside.
Now if the initial point is 4 or 10, I still bet just 3 place bets, betting the even numbers. Then if a 5 or 9 is rolled after the come out, then place 5 and 9. So my initial max exposure is about $27 including the passline bet-odds and 3 place bets. Then going to across(five place bets) with the pass-odds, after an uncovered box is rolled.

Based on my experience with this betting scheme, I need about a 20 shooter bankroll, that is why I am using a $500-600 day session bankroll. This is enough bankroll to survive the cold spells which are all too frequent, but not too much bankroll per day session. The pressing starts after 5 hits, meaning I have recouped my bets on the current shooter. The pressing of the number just rolled and its sister is often better than the usual individual pressing, but with slightly more risk.
Another $150 win last night, was in a +$250 to -$200 range during this 4 hr session, which seems to be about the norm thusfar.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
June 6th, 2011 at 8:26:39 AM permalink
I must just play at an EXTREMELY cold table then...another $1200 loss for me this weekend.
However, something I noticed, was in an 8 hour period, I started just betting No-4 for $70 ($1 juice on the win only) and AMAZINGLY the 4 was rolled more frequently than any other number (should be 2:1 with the 7). I literally got ATE ALIVE by the amount of 4's rolled. Almost EVERY shooter would at least hit the 4 once, while rolling NO come-out 7's.
dwm
dwm
June 8th, 2011 at 10:09:21 AM permalink
No matter what betting scheme we use, have found that need a large $ bankroll for small $ bets. This will give us our best chance as this is a very volatile game and must survive the many cold spells. If starting with $5,6 bets, need a $500-$600 day bankroll to have a decent chance against the unlimited house bankroll.

After a bad session loss with the prior scheme, have made a couple of changes and I like the results thusfar: Start the new shooter with $5 pass-single odds and $6 place bets on the six and eight. If the initial point is a 6 or 8 which will be covered with the pass-odds, just place the sister number. Then when an outside number is rolled after the initial point is established, place the remaining uncovered outside numbers all at once. Collect 5 hits, then do the following press: If the 6 or 8 is rolled, press both 6 and 8 to $12 all at once. If an outside number is rolled, then press all outside numbers to $10 all at once. Then same bets for remainder of the hand. $600 session bankroll.

Will not get to the pressing sequence often, but it does take advantage of the few good hands. Easy wins thusfar but have played it just 2 day sessions thusfar for $150-$200 wins per session..
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
June 8th, 2011 at 10:26:24 AM permalink
meh.

not impressed with anyone's ideas [me either] now that this guy in Atlantic City showed how it is done [g]
teddys
teddys
June 8th, 2011 at 11:15:07 AM permalink
Minimum line bets, max odds on every throw, preferably up to and beyond 10x odds. This is the only way to win a sizeable amount of money.
dwm
dwm
June 19th, 2011 at 9:41:06 PM permalink
Per Teddys above, I played the following pass-odds only scheme this weekend after getting beat up with multiple place betting, and it worked so well that I will post it exactly as played: $600 bankroll.

**$5 pass and 5x odds, and if the point was 5,9 went to $30 odds. Level odds bets , i.e. no pressing or regressing. When 3 consecutive shooters failed to make at least one pass-POINT, then stopped play until a pass-point was made, then after a point was made then re-started until another 3 consecutive shooters failed to make a point, etc.. It kept me off the table when it goes cold for extended periods as it often does, and made some real good money when the getting was good. Played it for about 12 hrs for net $800 win. This one showed a lot of promise this weekend. On one bad stretch 12 consecutive shooters failed to make a point, in another opposite good stretch there were 6 consecutive shooters that made at least one point and several multiple point shooters.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 20th, 2011 at 2:50:52 AM permalink

It kept me off the table when it goes cold for extended periods as it often does...

That is the time to go on the DontPass. IF you do not want to lay odds on the Don'tPass and Don'tCome bets because it takes a higher bankroll, then that's still okay, just do the flat betting on the Wrong Side for awhile.
  • Jump to: