Transcend
Transcend
  • Threads: 17
January 5th, 2014 at 11:46:59 AM permalink
I figured this forum would be the best place to ask this question, I am in no way shape or form employing that this is a craps system it was just some bets I have done in the past that I would like to know how to figure out the math for. Say I start with $100 no point is established and I bet $25 on horn high yo, $24 on hop the 7's, and $50 on the DP...what is the probability of tripling the starting bank roll, as well as losing it all? Again not implying this is a system just figured it would be better here than cluttering up the craps forum with my useless nonsense. Thanks for any help.
Part of it went on gambling, and part of it went on women. The rest I spent foolishly. -George Raft
Transcend
Transcend
January 5th, 2014 at 5:21:39 PM permalink
If the 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 show up the horn and hop bet is resolved and it comes down to a PSO to pretty much get back to even money...you make 2 dollars. If the 2 hits it is a win for $200, if the 3 hits it is a win for $125, the 7 $120, 11 $150, and the 12 is also $150...this is just what the bet earns not getting your bet back so the 12 would earn a little bit more than the 11. So pretty much it is hedging your first bet hoping for a 2, 3, 7, 11, 12 and if not hoping the shooter PSO. I more just need help with the probabilities and likely hood of going bust or tripling your bankroll and does betting at a higher amount have any bearing on the odds?
Part of it went on gambling, and part of it went on women. The rest I spent foolishly. -George Raft
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
January 5th, 2014 at 5:23:35 PM permalink
i dont know the answer to your question but i do know that it would be much better to bet $100 on the DP and then if win, another 100 on the DP -- if your goal was to triple your bankroll.
Transcend
Transcend
January 5th, 2014 at 5:50:00 PM permalink
I know that would be better I am more just curious about it and that is why I posted this in the betting systems board.
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
  • Threads: 33
January 5th, 2014 at 9:47:18 PM permalink
Quote: Transcend

If the 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 show up the horn and hop bet is resolved and it comes down to a PSO to pretty much get back to even money...you make 2 dollars. If the 2 hits it is a win for $200, if the 3 hits it is a win for $125, the 7 $120, 11 $150, and the 12 is also $150...this is just what the bet earns not getting your bet back so the 12 would earn a little bit more than the 11. So pretty much it is hedging your first bet hoping for a 2, 3, 7, 11, 12 and if not hoping the shooter PSO. I more just need help with the probabilities and likely hood of going bust or tripling your bankroll and does betting at a higher amount have any bearing on the odds?

you want to risk $100 to win just a few bucks. No way. Don't even waste your time with this. if you want similar, just put the $100 on the field and parley in hopes to catch 2 wins in a row. $100 parley x 2 wins = $300 Profit along with your initial $100. Much easier than hoping for what you want to accomplish. You also get a chance to double up if 2 or 12 is rolled.

Thank me later.
8 more years till retirement.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
January 5th, 2014 at 9:52:00 PM permalink
Quote: CrapsGenious

just put the $100 on the field and parlay in hopes to catch 2 wins in a row.

Pure effing "genious"!

Fighting BS one post at a time!
Transcend
Transcend
January 5th, 2014 at 10:37:52 PM permalink
I don't plan on using this it was just something I had thought of and was wondering what the odds were of it working say per one series just a goal of not losing it all in one set of rolls and if I am going to bet the field it is only when the same guy has been rolling field numbers all night...thanks for the sarcasm though
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
January 5th, 2014 at 11:00:16 PM permalink

I don't plan on using this it was just something I had thought of and was wondering what the odds were of it working say per one series just a goal of not losing it all in one set of rolls and if I am going to bet the field it is only when the same guy has been rolling field numbers all night...thanks for the sarcasm though

I'm on your side. and your welcome.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 5th, 2014 at 11:00:43 PM permalink

thanks for the sarcasm though

The sarcasm wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the "genious" whom I quoted.
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
January 5th, 2014 at 11:02:27 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

The sarcasm wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the "genious" whom I quoted.

Thank you Sir :P
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
January 5th, 2014 at 11:05:58 PM permalink
Ok, I have to ask. Do you just not know how to spell "genius", or is your username a joke?

Because, either way, it's pretty funny.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
January 5th, 2014 at 11:08:25 PM permalink

If the 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 show up the horn and hop bet is resolved and it comes down to a PSO to pretty much get back to even money...you make 2 dollars.

you just need to write out each roll and each decision, the net win or loss and the probability for each.
add them all up
for example:
to set any point 24/36 and to roll any point 67/165 = multiply both = about 27%
that matches my sim data for losing $99
just keep going if you want

That will just get you to ev and variance and for what you are after (ruin or win goals) will not be very useful.
just a few rolls are needed to ruin or hit your goal.

a bit of work for being curious
You can probably just play this in WinCraps for free and see how often you hit your goals.
It would not take many rounds of play and you would quickly move on to something else IMO.

a sim is best for this IMO
and can be compared to the math if actually done.

$24 3way7, $25 HornH11 and $50 DP
I have this in my WinCraps 5.1b
(I do not know why at all, maybe something left over from many years ago)
but it looks like the program also considered ruin when you had less than $100 after all bets resolved.

That may not be what you would like,
as $50 left one could easily adjust for another try with smaller bets as your $99 total wagers
could not be made without more cash.

here this is anyways

to double the bankroll
28%

and to triple the bankroll
15.8%
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
Transcend
Transcend
January 5th, 2014 at 11:14:19 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

And I wasn't directing my thanks at you, more so the bet it on the field and thank me later. Heh
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
January 5th, 2014 at 11:16:05 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Ok, I have to ask. Do you just not know how to spell "genius", or is your username a joke?

Because, either way, it's pretty funny.

No reason, just was my bad for the miss-spelling. It was the day before Christmas and I was drinking a few baccardi on ice when i discovered this forum from google search and joined.

Quote:

Perhaps because of the word "ingenious", meaning clever, inventive.
It is a step below being a genius, although it is a longer word!

in other words being witty.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
January 5th, 2014 at 11:21:52 PM permalink
Quote: CrapsGenious

No reason, just was my bad for the miss-spelling. It was the day before Christmas and I was drinking a few baccardi on ice when i discovered this forum from google search and joined.

Fair enough.

Transcend
Transcend
January 5th, 2014 at 11:25:46 PM permalink
Thank you seven, I downloaded the free version of wincraps and was not getting very far with it, so thank you for doing the leg work.
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
January 5th, 2014 at 11:28:22 PM permalink

Thank you seven, I downloaded the free version of wincraps and was not getting very far with it, so thank you for doing the leg work.

wincrapspro10a is good, but doesn't load on my windows 7 laptop. maybe i need a different version?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 6th, 2014 at 12:39:45 AM permalink

And I wasn't directing my thanks at you, more so the bet it on the field and thank me later. Heh

Ah, my mistake then. (Your message was right after mine and had no quote, so that's why I thought that) Anyway, carry on, gents!
  • Jump to: